Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default In Honor Of St. Patrick's Day, A Holiday Rumble

As everyone knows, one of the most famous deeds of St. Patrick's was driving all the snakes from Ireland.
    Naturally, all of serpent-kind resented this defeat and wish for vengence. And now is the time they will attempt
    to take that vengence.

All throughout the Omniverse snakes of all kinds and anything associated with them have been summoned to
    Khazan, from super villains like the Serpent Society to organizations like VIPER and Cobra to snake gods like
    Seth and Nama. The have all been united in one purpose, to invade and destroy the nation of Ireland.
    Fortunately, the island has its defenders. Irish characters from all of Existence have heard the call and
    assembled to defend their homeland against the terrible serpent army arrayed against it. Heroes, gods,
    superheroes and supervillains, space captains, and all other characters with Ireland in their blood have
    heeded the call.

So, who will prevail? Will the the sons and daughters of Eire succesfully defend the fair isle, or will forces of
    The Serpent slither on the Emerald isle as conquerors?

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you,

What If All The Snake Associated Characters In The
    Omniverse Fought All The Irish Ones?

I see Seth, Naga, Nagala, Jormungand etc. being a bit much for the Irish team, tbh.

Especially if the Serpent Crown is in use.

But then I'm not completely up on my Irish mythology.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

They had the chubby guy that swung around a four-ton club right? That ought to make Jormungand blink.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

The original Jormungand is going to be a bloody handful; that thing was about the size of Buster Machine #7(read: bigger than Earth) with such mass that Thor couldn't lift it. Its supposedly also capable of destroying the atmosphere. Which might just count as a battlefield removal.

"Anything to do with snakes" also implies the entire cast of the Jormungand anime, who are all ILLEGAL WEAPONS DEALERS. And they can get some pretty nasty stuff i.e. flechette artillery founds. Hell, Koko even called for a bloody airstrike when she got pissed off.

And then there's the horror of horrors...SAMUEL L JACKSON and a PLANE FULL OF SNAKES!

BTW do the snakes get Serpent Mode Jafar from Alladin?

Edit. It gets worse.

SNAKE Plissken.

SNAKE-Eyes.

And of course Jackie Chan and his SNAKE FIST...

Last edited by T51R; 03-17-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    BTW do the snakes get Serpent Mode Jafar from Alladin?
    He didn't have many feats in that mode.

And apparently Dadgra is Celtic. I'm not up on my British Isles history enough to know if there is a significant difference there.

Oh! The Banshees are Irish. They have the power to kill you with a single scream (or in one case by looking you in the eyes). And the Leprechauns. In a lot of continuities, they're like little mischievous Genies.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh! The Banshees are Irish. They have the power to kill you with a single scream (or in one case by looking you in the eyes).
    Which Banshees? The original ones don't actually do that I thought, they just portend your death when you're close by.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh! The Banshees are Irish. They have the power to kill you with a single scream (or in one case by looking you in the eyes). And the Leprechauns. In a lot of continuities, they're like little mischievous Genies.
    Well, at a certain point the Banshee are going to hit a wall, no-limits fallacy and all that. I figure all the various versions of Jörmungandr can win this on sheer tonnage.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Which Banshees? The original ones don't actually do that I thought, they just portend your death when you're close by.
    There's variations. I can't think of any that wail and cause death, granted he could just be referring to the fact that if a Banshee starts wailing someone is about to die. Not at their hands, but for whatever reason.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Is there any fictional version of Ananta Sesha that is similar to the original Hindu version that holds all the planets of the universe/multiverse on its hoods, causes time to move forward by uncoiling and causes the universe to cease to exist when it coils, and so on and so forth.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There's variations. I can't think of any that wail and cause death, granted he could just be referring to the fact that if a Banshee starts wailing someone is about to die. Not at their hands, but for whatever reason.
    Well there's the obvious...

Magic had a few.

I think there was one in the Dresden verse that did it too. But I'd have to check.

I thought they had them in Scion too, but an admittedly cursory look doesn't reveal any.

But the one that looked you in the eyes and turned you to stone from sheer fear was from an episode of Tiny Toons where they went to Ireland.

The Celtic gods should count as Irish. But the serpents have an advantage because the Omniverse seems to contain more places with serpents than recognizable versions of Ireland. What about Irish-American characters, or other characters of Irish decent? Kyle Raynor was part Irish.

Well .. off the top of my head there's the Caoineag, and according to legend anyone that heard her wailing was doomed to death or to suffer great sorrow. There's also the Dullahan, who used a human spine whip and only stopped moving when someone was supposed to die (in exactly that spot), at which point it'd wait and call out the name of the soon-to-be departed, which would immediately kill them.

But from what I remember Banshee's aren't known for murdering people flat out with their wailing. Might be a thing that was just assumed based on the way they're talked about in legend.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The Celtic gods should count as Irish. But the serpents have an advantage because the Omniverse seems to contain more places with serpents than recognizable versions of Ireland. What about Irish-American characters, or other characters of Irish decent? Kyle Raynor was part Irish.
    Well you're still running into the issue(s) with Jörmungandr. The Marvel version is massive. The Mythological version is just as massive. Just drop them suckers in the arena and almost everyone is going to be crushed to death.

Arx Inosaan