Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Serpent of Chaos in the Amber series is an immortal avatar of a primordial force of creation, capable of extending tendrils across dimensional barriers and inspiring madness. One of its eyes was stolen and used as device to manipulate reality (especially weather) and even stop or alter time flow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Poor Ireland.

Sure, they get Jack O'Lantern (DC), Banshee and Siryn (Marvel).
    And Shamrock, and Dum Dum Dugan (I think)...

Hell, they get Peter Griffin (and his ancestors) and the Leprechaun from the Leprechaun films. (I now see Peter Griffin dwarf-tossing the Leprechaun at the snakes... )

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Cobra Commander isn't going to have to shout the call to retreat. Sir Serpentor is going to get lucky with the captured Irish lasses.

Ireland is going to become the new "Cobra-La".

"THIS, I COMMAND"
    I was just about to mention COBRA!

Incredible Member

I may have mentioned this before, but does Conan the Barbarian count as Irish? There's the name, along with certain Gaelic references, and he fought snake-themed villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I may have mentioned this before, but does Conan the Barbarian count as Irish? There's the name, along with certain Gaelic references, and he fought snake-themed villains.
    No. Conan lived during the Hyborian Age, which was supposedly around 10,000 BC. That's too far in the past before the existence of the Irish. Also, Conan fought against the Picts, who were apparently the ancient ancestors of the Celts. If we want to say that Irish predecessors count as Irish, than we must acknowledge that Conan was their enemy and not one of their people.

You get the Snake monsters and the Shadows of Yharnam from Bloodborne, too. Which ... uh, in typical Dark Souls fashion, they're horrifying.

They shoot snakes at you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan