Amazing Member

Default The Suicide Squad vs. the GetBackers

Following an elaborate and much more interesting set-up, the GetBackers retrieval company and associates find themselves squared-up in an urban environment against Task Force X, with maybe a minute or two beforehand for everyone to find cover.

The GetBackers:
    Ban Midou
    Ginji Amano
    Kazuki
    Shido
    Himiko

And, if necessary, Dr. Jackal

vs.:

Deadshot
    Lashina
    Count Vertigo
    Rick Flagg
    Mirror Master
    The Thinker (Cliff Carmichael)
    Vixen

Parties have access to their normal channels of information, and may or may not recognize each other from reputation. The GetBackers are drawn exclusively from the show (but still ignore pure filler). Who wins?
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Umm...

You do realise this is a horrific curbstomp right?

Like it's not even funny how badly the Suicide Squad get wrecked here. Himiko, by the end of the series with the powerup she got from her Voodoo Child fusion, could solo this with rather insulting ease and she is far and away the weakest person in the Getbackers Team.

Amazing Member

By the end of which series, though?

If anything, I was most concerned about placing Mirror Master in a CBR environment with a minute to compose himself. But I'm curious now, what does Himiko of all people get that would reliably bring down Lashina?

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    By the end of which series, though?
    I generally default to manga because the anime was total garbage and outright skipped several major story arcs and then ended abruptly without resolving anything. Manga is way more in-depth.

If anything, I was most concerned about placing Mirror Master in a CBR environment with a minute to compose himself. But I'm curious now, what does Himiko of all people get that would reliably bring down Lashina?
    Last I saw Lashina, which I'll admit was a while ago, she was in the region of ringer or so in terms of speed. Himiko, by the end of the series, has crazy superspeed as well as her Red Death poison. She just blitzes everyone and poisons them before they can even react. If she's worried at all, she takes a hit of Acceleration Scent and blitzes them even faster.

Amazing Member

That's fine and all, but in that case you may want to take a moment to note this thread refers specifically to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    That's fine and all, but in that case you may want to take a moment to note this thread refers specifically to the show.
    It doesn't really change much.

Even neutered as they are by being the anime versions, team Getbackers flattens the Squad with minimal effort. They are all, with the exception of Himiko, outright superspeedsters and all of them have more than enough offence to kill any member of the Squad with ease. At best, anime versions just means that they need like... two people to do it. If you limited it to just Himiko and Ginji and disallowed Ginji his lightning lord form then they might have a slim chance. But it's not great.