Super Moderator

Default "The Flash's" Dominic Purcell Joins "Arrow"/"Flash" Spinoff

Purcell, who played Heat Wave in "The Flash," will star alongside Wentworth Miller, his fellow Rogue Captain Cold, among others.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Why does this feel like they are just taking whatever "extra" characters The Flash and Arrow have and just piling them onto this "spinoff".

This just seems forced. I can't say whether I'll watch or or not as both current seasons are still running and I am a week behind on both. But I would prefer seeing if these characters have the longevity that Arrow has had. Yes The Flash has been a great hit for the CW, but this just seems like hitting while the iron is hot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    but this just seems like hitting while the iron is hot.
    Isn't that how it usually works?

Incredible Member

I'd love to see just a Rogue's Gallery show, with Miller and Purcell leading the crew.

Amazing Member

I'm really unsure of this spinoff. I personally felt purcell was pretty weak in flash, I'm not sure I'd be up to watching him every week in a tv series. I'm not even that interested in iron ma....atom. only thing I'm excited for Is canary. I'm assuming this series will probably be shown mid season like agent Carter. I'm approaching this with caution.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Retired

I was nervous before, because I thought they were going to force Captain Cold into playing a good guy. But this news makes me think there will be two teams--one of heroes and one of villains.

Really, although ARROW and FLASH have a single hero in the title, they both in fact feature teams of heroes going against single villains and teams of villains. So the format might not be so different--it's just that this series won't depend on a single character as its hook.

Extraordinary Member

This is sounding more and more like a Suicide Squad/Task Force X pitch by the day.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This is sounding more and more like a Suicide Squad/Task Force X pitch by the day.
    If it is, I hope it doesn't feature the Amanda Waller from ARROW. I can't stand that version of the character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by InSavnity View Post
    Isn't that how it usually works?
    Yes you want to make the most of it, but you don't want to overplay it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm getting that feeling too, but considering how close Arrow is to the Suicide Squad I am not very sure that would work. Wouldn't Ollie drop everything to get Canary out of that situation?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If it is, I hope it doesn't feature the Amanda Waller from ARROW. I can't stand that version of the character.
    We could see Diggle's wife as the leader/coordinator. We haven't seen much of the Waller actress except in sparse flashbacks.

Spectacular Member

We could see Diggle's wife as the leader/coordinator. We haven't seen much of the Waller actress except in sparse flashbacks.
    I can get behind this. I'm also getting a Suicide Squad/Task Force X vibe out of this, perhaps mixed with a Team 7 touch (which would explain Sara and Ray being involved).

like hitting while the iron is hot.
    Particularly suitable simile due to who's now joined the spin-off...