View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    ^^^^
    So Peter Parker should be a combination of Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark in terms of success to not be a loser.Insert eyes rolling smiley here.
    Peter Parker by self sacrificing his financial goals in terms of having a carrer is because he is Spider-Man at the same time not because he is a loser.
    No, but he should not be barely be making ends meet either at his age. There are plenty of other superheroes who are financially solvent. In fact, current 616 Peter is more the exception than the rule in this regard.

Edit While I like 616 Peter now that I think about it he is perhaps the most self-sabotaging character in comic books. The guy probably needs intense therapy all jokes aside.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-19-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I did too, I liked their chemistry throughout the run and I thought the eventual conclusion to them being in a relationship was a logical step, I was a major supporter with that direction, so I was disappointed when it turned out to be a non-starter. I know Slott's mentioned in an interview that he didn't intend to pair them up (presumably because he knew he was ending his run soon) and only did it because he loved how much Immonen drew them together.
    I was disapointed that Bobby and Peter Parker broke up,i thought it would last way longer,i thought it was a interesting relationship for sure.Bobby being a Shield agente brought new stories possibilities of the Shield stories to the Spider-Man stories and that was interesting.
    All though now that you mention it,it makes sense that Dan Slott would breake them up,because he was ending his run soon.And the scenes with Peter and Bobby illustrated by Immonem were great indeed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    No, but he should not be barely be making ends meet either at his age. There are plenty of other superheroes who are financially solvent. In fact, current 616 Peter is more the exception than the rule in this regard.

But the other super heroes do not have the Parker Luck though.
    If Peter Parker had never gotten bitten by a radioactive spider,i am sure he would have a sucessfull career by now considerating the inteligencie he have,but i think Peter Parker is at the point he is now in the stories is because of sacrificies of being Spider-Man as well.
    Something that is shown times and times do not actually benefit the finances of Peter Parker but as it was explained in the first Spider-Man story,with great powers come great responsibility.

But the other super heroes do not have the Parker Luck though.....
    Lots of bad things happen to other superheroes lol. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of Peter never getting ahead for long. I find the whole concept of "Spider-Man is why Peter is a loser (my word)" concept irritating when we know most other heroes can still have somewhat good lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    I'd like to see someone who isn't a conventionally-attractive white lady.
    We'd probably just get another Carlie and Deb, so someone who isn't "conventionally-attractive" by comic standards but is probably still modestly attractive.

Although I'd then be concerned about that aspect being used as a knock against Mary Jane somehow.

Astonishing Member

Lots of bad things happen to other superheroes lol. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of Peter never getting ahead for long. I find the whole concept of "Spider-Man is why Peter is a loser (my word)" concept irritating when we know most other heroes can still have somewhat good lives.
    The Parker luck and the way Peter Parker have to live up the powers he have responsibily is by itself something that explains to me why Peter Parker donīt have a sucessful career by now compared to other super heroes.
    I think that the Parker luck was many times ignored in the stories while Peter and Mary Jane were married,but ever since they broke up,Peter Parker luck have been more similiar to the original characterisation of Spider-Man.

The Parker luck and the way Peter Parker have to live up the powers he have responsibily is by itself something that explains to me why Peter Parker donīt have a sucessful career by now compared to other super heroes.
    I think that the Parker luck was many times ignored in the stories while Peter and Mary Jane were married,but ever since they broke up,Peter Parker luck have been more similiar to the original characterisation of Spider-Man.
    And what the Clone Saga (he was nearly convicted of murder and his baby died) wasn't a case of extremely bad luck or the whole deal with his "parents" or the Other or MJ being presumed dead or,,, well you get the picture. At least during that time period, he had a stable home life to fall back on everything wasn't doom, gloom and barely scraping by.

Edit Oh and while I'm at it Peter and his wife didn't "break up". Rather their marriage was magically annulled by a Satan stand-in, which is a case of "bad luck" in and off itself *shakes head* I can't believe I'm in a roundabout way defending the Spider-Marriage as I am not a huge fan of the pairing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-19-2018 at 09:53 PM.

I think this is a really unhealthy way to view sex, love, and romantic relationships. (Serialized fiction as a whole does a terrible job presenting such themes, not just Spider-Man comics.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think this is a really unhealthy way to view sex, love, and romantic relationships. (Serialized fiction as a whole does a terrible job presenting such themes, not just Spider-Man comics.)
    Forget relationships this is a terribly unhealthy way to view life in general. Peter has a shitty life but who cares because Spider-Man saved a cat from a tree today. I guess he can't be both a hero and have a half decent life so there. What a horrible lesson. I'm depressed just thinking about it.

Edit Sorry if I came across as a bit salty in the above post. This subject is one that bothers me to no end. I know it is just fiction at the end of the day and I shouldn't let it. I also should not derail this thread because of my views. Please carry on with pairings chat.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

And what the Clone Saga (he was nearly convicted of murder and his baby died) wasn't a case of extremely bad luck or the whole deal with his "parents" or the Other or MJ being presumed dead or,,, well you get the picture. At least during that time period, he had a stable home life to fall back on everything wasn't doom, gloom and barely scraping by.

Edit Oh and while I'm at it Peter and his wife didn't "break up". Rather their marriage was magically annulled by a Satan stand-in, which is a case of "bad luck" in and off itself *shakes head* I can't believe I'm in a roundabout way defending the Spider-Marriage as I am not a huge fan of the pairing.
    The Parker luck did not got totally erased from the stories as the examples you gave.But to me the Parker Luck was not as relevant in the stories as it was in the first stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Usually when a story reaches a point in which the couple lived happily ever after is when the story is reaching the end.
    Spider-Man stories are a ongoing narrative,and if there is no drama in the stories it would make for a boring read,no?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    I'd like to see someone who isn't a conventionally-attractive white lady.
    Glory Grant is out there somewhere, hopefully still alive.

Yuri Watanabe is out there, still going after bad guys.

Lili Hollister, is.... where is she?

I have to agree with you. I can't see a strong, successful, independent woman wanting anything to do with current 616 loser Peter unless of course, she is looking for a "project" aka somebody to improve upon. By the standard of somebody pushing thirty, Pete's life is an absolute mess.

don’t feed the rooshv troll
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    01: Betty Brant: isn't she married? Even if not she feels more like the sort of girl who's better with Flash. "Volatile" is only a problem is it gets out of control.
    04: Jessica Drew: Why?.... more so because she already has a family. I'd rather find out who was the genetic donor for her son.... he's BLONDE.
    Betty was married to Ned Leeds. She's widowed.

Jessica is actually blonde herself. She dyes her hair!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My vote goes to MJ for that sweet 50%