View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I want to see Peter date Mockinbird next.
    Because she is a interesting and classic character.
    And with such a diferente personality from Peter ,a relationship between the two should be quite cool to read about.
    Mockinbird was one of the founder member of the west coast avengers(one of my favorite avengers spin off comic book) and have been writen by Roger Stern and Steve Englehart.
    So a character having being written so completely diferent from Peter Parker would be quite interesting to see as the romantic interest in the Amazing Spider-Man stories.

Where is Yuri Watanabe? I'd like to see Peter date her, but her not to find out the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Where is Yuri Watanabe? I'd like to see Peter date her, but her not to find out the secret.
    On the run from Spidey, last we saw of her, after she went too far and Peter tried to take her down.

I don't see a romance in the cards there .

Incredible Member

Mary Jane, then lock it from there.

not Jessica Drew

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not Jessica Drew
    Um, do you mean Peter's alternate universe female clone? I could make a joke about self-love, but it would likely get me banned lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel has already done that with Carlie Cooper. It didn't sell the idea very well to the readers. What might have worked was either Betty Brant, Greer Nelson, or the normal Jennifer Walters because all 3 of them have normal everyday jobs and are his professional and intellectual equal because of their shared history together that could be flushed out. Also, all of them are tired to careers that works with Law Enforcement, which could have worked nicely with Spider-Man.

I think that reality is never an ideal match up. It's the interaction of the characters that makes the stories interesting. But we have to remember that there is only one writer doing Spider-Man: Dan Slott. We do not see Spider-Man/Peter Parker on any of the Avengers teams taking on a major contribution to the team not since the Bendis era ended over 3 years ago. And we do not have a secondary Spider-Man series for such relationship development to be explored by another writer.

It would be cool if we see Peter Parker(in a non Spider-Man role) in the pages of Spider-Woman where they occasionally hangout at one of her favorite hotspots in a cameo spot.

What might have also worked for Peter is being in a relationship with a single mother like Liz Allan or Julia Carpenter. But I always envisioned Liz Allan as a Medical Doctor who help others rather than an evil corporate executive.
    It really doesn't matter what the fans think (so we've been told). If Marvel insits that the marriage to MJ can't work because men like Peter don't date/marry models (which is really a crock but I won't go there). Then they should have some integrity and stand by their word and give us a woman who is 'realistic' for the current Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I want to see Peter date Mockinbird next.
    Because she is a interesting and classic character.
    And with such a diferente personality from Peter ,a relationship between the two should be quite cool to read about.
    Mockinbird was one of the founder member of the west coast avengers(one of my favorite avengers spin off comic book) and have been writen by Roger Stern and Steve Englehart.
    So a character having being written so completely diferent from Peter Parker would be quite interesting to see as the romantic interest in the Amazing Spider-Man stories.
    The current Peter Parker is beneath Bobby Morse. Bobby is an intellectual and a former spy. I know women like her in real life. They tend to date lawyers, entrepreneurs, pro atheltes ex-military men. Men who ooze masculinity and testosterone. Not manchildren like the BND Peter Parker.

It's bad enough that we've been forced to accept a romance between Emma Frost ( a woman who built her own company) and Scott Summers a neurotic loser who did nothing with most of his life beyond being Charles Xavier's errand boy. Enough with the fanfiction pairings. If we are going to accept the dictum that it's un-realistic for Peter to be married to MJ because 'nerds don't marry models'. Then we need to pair Peter with a woman who is more on his par. He should date someone who looks like Roxanne Gay or Lena Dunham--women who are his equal.

idk if peter ever oozed masculinity and testosterone

maybe he needs to go spend time as a pua or something. drink a beer. grow a beard
    troo fan or death

A properly written Black Cat, otherwise not interested.

I prefer MJ but that's clearly out the question for the next few years, so i choose the lesser evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I want to see Peter date Mockinbird next..
    How'd that work out for ya?

I want to see him date literally anyone. My biggest disappointment with the last decade is we have had next to no actual relationships, and I feel that is an extremely important part of Spider-Man in any media, and results in some of my favourite moments. An example is one of my favourite Ultimate Spider-Man issues is the Annual where Peter and Kitty go on a date, its simple but I love it because I like the interactions between those two.

The most we've gotten out of a relationship is Carlie, which while still only lasted about a year, it at least had some good moments and they had decent chemistry, so it can be done well (the end of Fantastic Voyage with the Spider-Man tattoo I found really sweet and nice). Everyone else I wouldn't really count as real relationships, you have one-night stand Michelle, friend with benefits Felicia, hormone-attracted Cindy, non-existent Lien, and non-starter Bobbi.

That's what my hope is, to pick someone, develop them, and let the interaction and chemistry grow between the two, and allow it to see what interesting moments and stories can happen out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The most we've gotten out of a relationship is Carlie, which while still only lasted about a year, it at least had some good moments and they had decent chemistry
    I don't think they had decent chemistry at all. Carlie was thoroughly unlikable and nobody really took to her because we all knew she was totally manufactured. Peter had better chemistry with his friendship with Anna Maria, even if only Otto got to see the romantic side of her
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-17-2018 at 01:33 PM.

At this point I feel like the only thing left to do with Peter's love life is check off boxes with whatever new love interest they come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't think they had decent chemistry at all. Carlie was thoroughly unlikable and nobody really took to her because we all knew she was totally manufactured. Peter had better chemistry with his friendship with Anna Maria, even if only Otto got to see the romantic side of her
    I don't hate Carlie but I don't think she was ever going to win everybody over when the book kept doubling-down on people in the book claiming she was "perfect" for Peter, right down to having Mary Jane do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Before the relationship I would agree, she was acting extremely hostile just for Peter being friendly, thinking he considered her a "backup". But when they did become a couple, I thought the couple moments they showed with them together were done well and she was likable there. And yeah, Anna Maria's friendship is probably the best, though I think it also helps that personality wise she's just been the best out of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I feel like the only thing left to do with Peter's love life is check off boxes with whatever new love interest they come up with.

I don't hate Carlie but I don't think she was ever going to win everybody over when the book kept doubling-down on people in the book claiming she was "perfect" for Peter, right down to having Mary Jane do it.
    That's what I kind of like about Rebecca in Spectacular, because she feels so much like a parody of those kind of love interests, and knowing Zdarksy's humour I wouldn't doubt if that was the intention.

I think another problem was that everyone was expecting her since she was teased right at the beginning to be the one he would end up with, even though it took about 100 issues to get there and she would completely disappear for good chunks of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Before the relationship I would agree, she was acting extremely hostile just for Peter being friendly, thinking he considered her a "backup". But when they did become a couple, I thought the couple moments they showed with them together were done well and she was likable there. And yeah, Anna Maria's friendship is probably the best, though I think it also helps that personality wise she's just been the best out of everyone.
    She at least wasn't Michelle-level of bad (although that's not saying much. Man, BND was not a good period for female characters...).

I remember during Big Time when they were together that their interaction was fine, but unremarkable. But I didn't think it was one of Peter's more engaging romances.
    That's what I kind of like about Rebecca in Spectacular, because she feels so much like a parody of those kind of love interests, and knowing Zdarksy's humour I wouldn't doubt if that was the intention.
    Maybe that's why I felt she bit of a waste of page space .