View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    While the nostalgic part of me want to agree with you the logic side disagrees. On several levels it's very hard to see where the world will be in 50-60 years(a rough approximation of fans age and the future average lifespan). Smaller matters are easier to predict. Not only do we have a phasing out of the printed media due to design preferences. We also have the cost of shipping, printing and so on that's adding further incentives. With envirement issues standing as the big gatekeepers on all future decisions.
    After the printed media is gone comics will evolve even more. We have allready seen some experimentation that might point towards witch directions. Comic as it is today is a product of the benefits and also the limitations of the printed comic with it's page number and format.
    Then we will see a merging of different medias, or a blurring of the lines depending on what your viewpoint might be. Movies and TV has struggled with these old limitations too. The division between them is getting harder to support due to home medias becoming more advanced (and comfier). The old model with slots in tv programs and different lenghts depending on comercial breaks are allready on the way out with streaming services and a binging mentatlity.

My personal guess is that comics will evolve into a ongoing experience. You will participate in the world, maybe with decision power or more as an observer. Either it will be a continous experience like big brother that you will log on to and experience when you have the time. Maybe their will be a highlight since last viewing too. Or it will be a stop and play experience that you control at will. Maybe VR, or some 3D effect or something completly different. I'm personally hoping for smell tracks to make their comebacks! =)

Maybe it will happen in 30 years, maybe sooner or later. Marvel will come to the point where they will permantly move their product to this new media and a restart will be either required or simply heavily favored at that point. The big questionmark for me is if Marvel will end their current MU with a planned ending over some years or it will be more of a scrambled ending.

EDIT: Oh Marvel certainly have "endgame" relationships. But with no endpoint in view it certainly screws things up for those stories. In some cases invalidating the "endgames" and forcing a change.
    These are interesting questions on where comics is going. I kinda doubt we'll see an ongoing experience in superhero universes just due to all the moving trains (what happens in Spider-Man could affect the Fantastic Four) and the physical restrictions on making comics (if a typical artist draws 20 pages a month that limits the ability to do something where different readers see different perspectives.)

We might very well have some kind of reboot, partly because we're getting more comfortable with reboots in general and society is changing in ways that are difficult to reflect in a series that suggests a comic book published in 1962 was set about a decade ago, when there have been major changes in demographics, crime, technology, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Mary Jane, nuff said.

Screw the editorial.

Give the people what they want- you will sell more comics.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 06-24-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    But the other super heroes do not have the Parker Luck though.
    If Peter Parker had never gotten bitten by a radioactive spider,i am sure he would have a sucessfull career by now considerating the inteligencie he have,but i think Peter Parker is at the point he is now in the stories is because of sacrificies of being Spider-Man as well.
    Something that is shown times and times do not actually benefit the finances of Peter Parker but as it was explained in the first Spider-Man story,with great powers come great responsibility.
    The following do have their own respective Parker Luck:

Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Jennifer Walters
    Tigra
    Black Widow

All of whom share one common trait with Peter Parker...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    These are my thoughts on the subject as well. I had hoped Marvel would use the opportunity to explore Peter's other classic romances or even create a new engaging romatic interest, but instead, we received throwaway characters like Carlie and forgettable storylines. They really dropped the ball IMO.
    Marvel wasted a unique opportunity to further develop Peter's female characters like Liz Allan and Betty Brant. I had hoped that we could have seen Jennifer Walters develop a relationship with Peter as well as Betty Brant as those two are very much alike. Imagine if Slott was able to develop Jennifer and Betty's relationship into a BFF? So much better than her relationship with Hell Cat. I think that after OMD, Marvel just didn't seem to care about Peter's relationships. I am glad that slott never got to develop a relationship between Carol Danvers and Peter Parker because he would have destroyed it as he did with Peter and Mockingbird. And that relationship never had the chance to develop in the proper manner..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Mary Jane, nuff said.

Screw the editorial.

Give the people what they want- you will sell more comics.

I am glad that Nick Spencer put Peter and Mary Jane back together in The Amazing Spider-Man.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I vote for Janice Lincoln the Beetle. Between her and Fred Pete could be in for the time of his life.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 10-14-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-14-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I vote for Janice Lincoln the Beetle. Between her and Fred Pete could be in for the time of his life.
    that would make for some amazingly awkward family dinners... ahahahahaa

Wanda Maximoff would be cool for a little while. I don't think Pete has ever dated a magic user, nor a mutant (I'm not talking about Ultimate Pete and Kitty)..

Colleen Wing.

Maybe Wolfsbane?

Wanda Maximoff sounds fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Wanda Maximoff would be cool for a little while. I don't think Pete has ever dated a magic user, nor a mutant (I'm not talking about Ultimate Pete and Kitty)..
    Besides Wanda, I feel that The Enchantress would make for an interesting dynamic because she's someone who would help Peter with her powers, even if he never asked her to.

Illyana Rasputin would warm up to Spidey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe Wolfsbane?
    I always seen Wolfsbane as a potential reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world working alongside Tigra as part of the NYPD. As a police officer, Wolfsbane could be a transparent character who could appear in Venom, ASM, Punisher, Dr. Strange, and Daredevil...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-15-2018 at 02:24 PM.