View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Honestly the whole thread is subjective i could say i want him dating spider-gwen or silk or black cat or anyone but mj. It doesnt mean anything because it wont work every single relationship is doomed to fail because for one simple reason a number of fans are very vocal about getting Peter and Mary Jane back together which raises a simple question Why
    OMD was something marvel did and years after the fact they still havent reversed it so please can someone tell me why would they. This is what is known as a catch 22 because you have peter&mj shippers and you have none peter&mj shippers and then you have people like me who really dont give a ****.
    The thread is asking who you want Peter to date, not who he should date. The title of the thread is aware of differing opinions and is encouraging posters to discuss their choices. I think all of us are quite aware of the possibility we won't get what we want.

This is what is known as a catch 22 because you have peter&mj shippers and you have none peter&mj shippers and then you have people like me who really dont give a ****.
    I'd be open to anything well written . . . if not for the fact that Peter and Mary Jane were married for 20 years.

I wrote in another post, the problem with getting to a single Peter was never the marriage, it's the long, well-established history of the Peter/Mary Jane relationship within the books. It dwarfs all the other love interests by quite a bit. Felicia probably clocks in second, at what, less than a third of the time MJ has had?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The thread is asking who you want Peter to date, not who he should date. The title of the thread is aware of differing opinions and is encouraging posters to discuss their choices. I think all of us are quite aware of the possibility we won't get what we want.
    What I’m trying to say is that I could name a character and give valid reasons why it would work or interesting stories that could come out of it, for example bring carlie back and get a commissioner Gordon feel with the bonus that carlie in cannon knows who is behind the mask but people wont like it because they are peter&mj shippers and they want the marriage back to hell with everything else, Marvel was wrong to publish OMD regardless of qualifications because one person posts and then another agrees, you have others who are quite simple been there done that and people like me who really don’t give a flying **** for the simple fact that the majority will win in the end and from the poll that majority is MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'd be open to anything well written . . . if not for the fact that Peter and Mary Jane were married for 20 years.
    I wrote in another post, the problem with getting to a single Peter was never the marriage, it's the long, well-established history of the Peter/Mary Jane relationship within the books. It dwarfs all the other love interests by quite a bit. Felicia probably clocks in second, at what, less than a third of the time MJ has had?
    But here is the thing a better poll for this thread is how longer should a character be a loved interest before she stands on her own two feet, you mentioned there were 20 years married how long has Peter had a love interest before people are screaming for them to be written out. It happened with carlie, silk which from what I understand is the only two love interests that peter had since OMD who haven’t either been in love with doc ock or who want to currently kill him. For me I want a well written, interesting challenging frustrating love interest (powered would be a bonus but not needed) that the mass would like enough so they could calm the **** down and give it an important ingredient which is Time. No one is going to match MJ’s twenty years unless someone else is given even ten years.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It all depends on the writer assigned to write Spider-Man. So far, he has not appeared interacting with the Avengers ever since Jon Hickman took over the reigns, nor has he appeared in the pages of Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or even the Mighty Avengers in a major guest staring role. Either the character is restricted to the Spider-Office, or none of the writers are at all interested in using Spider-Man in their stories.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Honestly the whole thread is subjective i could say i want him dating spider-gwen or silk or black cat or anyone but mj. It doesnt mean anything because it wont work every single relationship is doomed to fail because for one simple reason a number of fans are very vocal about getting Peter and Mary Jane back together which raises a simple question Why
    OMD was something marvel did and years after the fact they still havent reversed it so please can someone tell me why would they. This is what is known as a catch 22 because you have peter&mj shippers and you have none peter&mj shippers and then you have people like me who really dont give a ****.
    Well of course the whole thread is subjective. It's titled, 'What female character would you like to see Peter date next?' It's just a fun thread where people can discuss who they'd personally like to see Peter date next time. Emphasis on the fun part. I mean I threw my vote towards Jill Stacy. Remember who that is? No? She's a recurring character from the 90's who hasn't appeared since. Do I realize the chances of that happening are next to zero? Yes, but that doesn't stop me from thinking it'd be cool and discussing it with my fellow fans. Just relax and have a good time.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 03-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Well of course the whole thread is subjective. It's titled, 'What female character would you like to see Peter date next?' It's just a fun thread where people can discuss who they'd personally like to see Peter date next time. Emphasis on the fun part. I mean I threw my vote towards Jill Stacy. Remember who that is? No? She's a recurring character from the 90's who hasn't appeared since. Do I realize the chances of that happening are next to zero? Yes, but that doesn't stop me from thinking it'd be cool and discussing it with my fellow fans. Just relax and have a good time.
    Some of the women on the list can happen. But it really depends on the writer. Ever since Silk was introduced, that kills any possibility of Peter Parker working alongside Jessica Drew. How convenient was that to have another Spider-Man created character just when Spider-Woman was set to have her own solo series once more?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Yeah, that's a lot of talk about She-Hulk and than we went to crazy places.

However, I'm still going with Mary or Rachel because Redheads and I'm a fan of both.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yeah, that's a lot of talk about She-Hulk and than we went to crazy places.

However, I'm still going with Mary or Rachel because Redheads and I'm a fan of both.
    Besides MJ and Rachel, any thoughts about the Black Widow and Psylocke as well?

I am very surprised that Betty Brant got only one vote thus far. I would think that she's the only other person besides Felicia Hardy who would love nothing more than to revive her relationship with Peter Parker once again.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-26-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It all depends on the writer assigned to write Spider-Man. So far, he has not appeared interacting with the Avengers ever since Jon Hickman took over the reigns, nor has he appeared in the pages of Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or even the Mighty Avengers in a major guest staring role. Either the character is restricted to the Spider-Office, or none of the writers are at all interested in using Spider-Man in their stories.
    Writer and Editor play a part but I would also say fan reaction wither it be spidey fans or fans of the character who is the love interest. FYI spidey has appearing in Captain America and the Might Avengers and X-men he also appeared in OS in reasonable role. I would dare say Spidey is going to get a reasonable big push now that Marvel can use him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    FYI yes I remember Jill Stacy she appeared when Peter and MJ went back to College and then Mary Jane quit to go back to modeling and then she appeared less, I can’t remember what her last issue was but my vote just to stay on topic, either one of three Carol Danvers, an aged Spider-Gwen or Carlie Cooper.
    Some of the women on the list can happen. But it really depends on the writer. Ever since Silk was introduced, that kills any possibility of Peter Parker working alongside Jessica Drew. How convenient was that to have another Spider-Man created character just when Spider-Woman was set to have her own solo series once more?
    Anything can happen, I mean Gamora and Spider-Man could happen and more than likely would be hilarious knowing what I do about Gamora but for some strange reason Marvel don’t want Spidey with a heroine.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Marvel don’t want Spidey with a heroine.
    That is not true. It was Dan Slott who felt that Spider-Man should not date a heroine. Personally, I would think that Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanov, and Jennifer Walters would make for an ideal match up for Peter. As for Spider-Gwen, keep her in her own universe and bring forth AoA Gwen Stacy whose around Peter's age. Imagine if the alternate reality Spider-Woman was none other than Natasha Romanov instead of Gwen Stacy? I think that Natasha would have made for an excellent Spider-Woman with the radioactive Spider-Powers.

Besides MJ and Rachel, any thoughts about the Black Widow and Psylocke as well?

I am very surprised that Betty Brant got only one vote thus far. I would think that she's the only other person besides Felicia Hardy who would love nothing more than to revive her relationship with Peter Parker once again.
    Black Widow will always belong with Bucky in my opinion.

I'm on the stance that Psylocke secretly wants Rachel.

Astonishing Member

Black Widow will always belong with Bucky in my opinion.

I'm on the stance that Psylocke secretly wants Rachel.
    It would be cool to see the Black Widow and Spider-Man develop a partnership that's different from that of Bucky, Hawkeye, and Daredevil. As for Psylocke, I feel that she and Peter would do very well. I like Betsy better in her original body instead of the host body that her mind resides in. I would love to see Ravalanch and Psylocke's mind get returned back to their proper bodies once again. What would be interesting to see once again is the re-establishment of Peter's friendship with Brian Braddock once more with Betsy as his date whenever he comes to the UK.

In the X-Men Forever series, Claremont intended for Psylocke to leave the X-Man and to join Excalibur.

I dunno, really wanna see Psylocke hit on Rachel. She did promise to watch over Rachel after End of Grey's and she got along well with Rachel in X-Men or whenever they're teamed up. We also know that Psylocke is open towards any gender as long as she's interested.

Though it may get weird as she did sleep with Cable Clones. Which, to me, seems like she used Cable Clones to try and stop thinking about Cyclops, Rachel, and Cable Prime.

Can't blame her. Who doesn't like Summers love?

Astonishing Member

I dunno, really wanna see Psylocke hit on Rachel. She did promise to watch over Rachel after End of Grey's and she got along well with Rachel in X-Men or whenever they're teamed up. We also know that Psylocke is open towards any gender as long as she's interested.

Though it may get weird as she did sleep with Cable Clones. Which, to me, seems like she used Cable Clones to try and stop thinking about Cyclops, Rachel, and Cable Prime.

Can't blame her. Who doesn't like Summers love?
    I always thought that Psylocke and Spider-Man would make for a great team better than her with Rachel or Cable. Besides that, isn't Cable with Domino? I think that the X-Men in general has lost its way from its core beginnings as they have made it into and Avengers/FF/Guardians of the Galaxy. This might be why the FF has faltered because all the things that made it great was carried over to The Avengers, X-Men, and other titles.

That is not true. It was Dan Slott who felt that Spider-Man should not date a heroine.
    Technically, it was Stan Lee who felt that Spider-Man should not date a super heroine. Everyone else was just following the example he set forth.

(Except when Bendis had Ultimate Peter go out with Kitty Pryde for a little bit. )