View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Ok, but only if it's Ultimate Jess.
    Ewwww, Ultimate Jess? That is super weird. A)She's a clone of his Ultimate Peter, so.... It'd basically be 616 Peter dating himself, in alternate universe clone form. Also, Ultimate Peter, and by extension, Jessica Drew is only like... 18, at the very oldest. Maybe 19, since they did the year skip. But isnt 616 Peter like, 28? That whole thing screams wrong!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

MJ for me followed by maybe Liz if she wasn't going evil. Actually I'd like to see him go out with Monica for a bit, except she's apparently into Blue Marvel right now.

i LOVE Carol Danvers, and i liked their little romance. they should revive it again. let MJ cool off abit.

I hope they'll have spidey make a (small) cameo in the Captain Marvel movie.

BANNED

While he's still married to MJ in some continuities that will continue to have focus for the time being, and I know someone will pair him with MJ again in the regular canon if they're interested, Marvel are content to play out an extensive "How I Met Your Mother" scenario with the pair for now, so I'll just say...maybe Liz Allen once her romance with Miguel cools.

That bit in the recent ASM where she's fixing Peter's tie was adorable...and right after it she starts scheming his downfall. Something about that strikes me as a fun story to play, a "frenemy" turned romantic partner who wants to undermine Peter's success while trying to be close to him. Does'nt make for an ideal romance, but plenty of good storytelling focusing on grey moral areas can blossom from it. Plus it'd strengthen Peter's connection to Norman again, and cause definite friction with Normie and Harry (when he finally steps off the bus he was put on)
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 03-18-2015 at 04:39 AM.

He should date someone with superpowers. One of the best parts of Ultimate Spider-Man was the Kitty Pryde romance. He didn't have to worry about her, and they bonded over beating criminals. What better way to spend date night!

The Carol Danvers romance was interesting. I liked the idea of two work colleagues falling in love (always room for drama there for the Avengers) and it'd be a reverse relationship for Peter. Instead of Peter having to worry about his significant other, Carol would have to worry about him. She's way above him in power level, and it would be great to see a story about one of her villains going after her loved one ... Spider-Man. Being in love with her would be dangerous, not the other way round. It'd be another Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut with a bit of romance thrown in.

It'd also be rife with story opportunities. Peter's sense of general inadequacy ... watching Carol fight some space monster and knowing he can't do anything to help her ... I'd love a reversal of the roles, if for a little bit. I couldn't imagine it lasting too long.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    He should date someone with superpowers. One of the best parts of Ultimate Spider-Man was the Kitty Pryde romance. He didn't have to worry about her, and they bonded over beating criminals. What better way to spend date night!

The Carol Danvers romance was interesting. I liked the idea of two work colleagues falling in love (always room for drama there for the Avengers) and it'd be a reverse relationship for Peter. Instead of Peter having to worry about his significant other, Carol would have to worry about him. She's way above him in power level, and it would be great to see a story about one of her villains going after her loved one ... Spider-Man. Being in love with her would be dangerous, not the other way round. It'd be another Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut with a bit of romance thrown in.

It'd also be rife with story opportunities. Peter's sense of general inadequacy ... watching Carol fight some space monster and knowing he can't do anything to help her ... I'd love a reversal of the roles, if for a little bit. I couldn't imagine it lasting too long.
    I think that Jennifer Walters(Human form) would make for an interesting match up in a sense she's in so many ways like Peter Parker as far as sharing various interests in common.

As far as Liz goes, I liked to have seen this play out. But Marvel doesn't like the idea of Peter in a relationship with a single mother. If that was the case, I could see Julia Carpenter and Greer Nelson in the mix, as far as single mothers interested in Peter as more than just a friend.

However, I feel that Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters(Human side only) and Natasha Romanov might make for a good long term friendship that could develop into much more than that.

None of the above. Or just None in general. But if I must play along, I vote Firestar...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    None of the above. Or just None in general. But if I must play along, I vote Firestar...
    I remember her smacking one on Peter in "The Girl From Tomorrow" well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Jennifer Walters(Human form) would make for an interesting match up in a sense she's in so many ways like Peter Parker as far as sharing various interests in common.

As far as Liz goes, I liked to have seen this play out. But Marvel doesn't like the idea of Peter in a relationship with a single mother. If that was the case, I could see Julia Carpenter and Greer Nelson in the mix, as far as single mothers interested in Peter as more than just a friend.

However, I feel that Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters(Human side only) and Natasha Romanov might make for a good long term friendship that could develop into much more than that.
    I would prefer Jennifer Walters and Julia Carpenter stayed just close friends with Peter. Not every female needs to be his lover.

Him and Carol have some undeniable chemistry together. I want to see that play out sooner or later when Carol's memory is restored.

I don't know, Caron Danver, Cindy Moon, Captain Watanabe...Maybe. They'll make a mess out of it anyway.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But didn't you list five?
    He listed Betty, Liz, and Jessica, so that's three, but only showed interest in half of Greer and Jennifer, so they collectively got reduced to being "worth" only one woman.

I'm always going to pick Mary Jane, but I guess I should at least comment on the other options in the interest of fairness.

Carol's still with Rhodey, isn't she? I like the idea of that, so I'd rather they stick together instead of hooking up Carol with Peter. Similarly, I prefer Betty with Flash. I know they're not together, and I think the preference right now is for Flash to be with Brunhilde, but looking at Betty's side of things, I'd still say she's best with Flash.

I'm really liking Robbie Thompson's apparent dismissal of the idea of Peter X Cindy, so no.

Jessica really shouldn't be integrated into the Spider-Man line. However, I suppose it'd be fine if you're looking at it in terms of their status as Avengers, since then it'd be more of an Avengers thing rather than just making Jessica play second fiddle to Peter.

Felicia… well, I really can't think of a good reason to dismiss her as an option, so I'm not even going to try.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I'm just going to throw Jill Stacy back into the discussion lol.

Black Cat, if only because Pete needs her to snap out of this ridiculous "wanna-be a crime boss" thing. Julie Carpenter would also be cool, if only because I don't think we've seen Peter date a woman with a kid yet.

If Pete is not still married following RYV or dating MJ, then I hope Marvel has the common sense to keep MJ out of the title. I'm no fan of Carlie Cooper, but one of the many reasons the relationship didn't click for me was because MJ was still a major presence in the title. If Pete is going to date someone new, we can't have her hanging around as a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    Ewwww, Ultimate Jess? That is super weird. A)She's a clone of his Ultimate Peter, so.... It'd basically be 616 Peter dating himself, in alternate universe clone form. Also, Ultimate Peter, and by extension, Jessica Drew is only like... 18, at the very oldest. Maybe 19, since they did the year skip. But isnt 616 Peter like, 28? That whole thing screams wrong!
    It wouldn't even make the top 5 creepiest Marvel relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    It wouldn't even make the top 5 creepiest Marvel relationships.
    I don't know if anything will ever top Nate Grey/Maddie Pryor.