View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't know if anything will ever top Nate Grey/Maddie Pryor.
    Carol Danvers dated her rapist . . . to whom she also gave birth.

You read that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Carol Danvers dated her rapist . . . to whom she also gave birth.

You read that right.
    I know. Ugh, I know.

(I don't count that as a "relationship" because of... everything. But you do have a point. Nate/Maddie was as gross as a consensual relationship in Marvel gets.)

There's also Nightcrawler and his adoptive sister.

Didn't one of the Miles Warren clones marry one of the Gwen clones?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Mary Jane. If not than Rachel Grey because that would be an epic love hate relationship and I can joke about Peter preferring redheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    There's also Nightcrawler and his adoptive sister.

Didn't one of the Miles Warren clones marry one of the Gwen clones?
    Nate is the genetically engineered son of Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

Maddie Pryor is a clone of Jean Grey.

Nate is also seen as an AU counterpart to Maddie's son, Cable (since, genetically speaking, they are the same person.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I would prefer Jennifer Walters and Julia Carpenter stayed just close friends with Peter. Not every female needs to be his lover.

Him and Carol have some undeniable chemistry together. I want to see that play out sooner or later when Carol's memory is restored.
    Agreed. But I see Jennifer's human side having an interest with Peter Parker while as the She-Hulk not so much. The classic Black Cat liking Spider-man and not Peter Parker initially. Only in this case, Jennifer's two respected personas[human(introvert) and She-Hulk(extrovert)] looks at Peter Parker quite differently.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Agreed. But I see Jennifer's human side having an interest with Peter Parker while as the She-Hulk not so much. The classic Black Cat liking Spider-man and not Peter Parker initially. Only in this case, Jennifer's two respected personas[human(introvert) and She-Hulk(extrovert)] looks at Peter Parker quite differently.
    The one thing I actually didn't like about OMD was removing that one part of Black Cat. Before OMD I believe she actually started to like Peter Parker, not just Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    He listed Betty, Liz, and Jessica, so that's three, but only showed interest in half of Greer and Jennifer, so they collectively got reduced to being "worth" only one woman.

I'm always going to pick Mary Jane, but I guess I should at least comment on the other options in the interest of fairness.

Carol's still with Rhodey, isn't she? I like the idea of that, so I'd rather they stick together instead of hooking up Carol with Peter. Similarly, I prefer Betty with Flash. I know they're not together, and I think the preference right now is for Flash to be with Brunhilde, but looking at Betty's side of things, I'd still say she's best with Flash.

I'm really liking Robbie Thompson's apparent dismissal of the idea of Peter X Cindy, so no.

Jessica really shouldn't be integrated into the Spider-Man line. However, I suppose it'd be fine if you're looking at it in terms of their status as Avengers, since then it'd be more of an Avengers thing rather than just making Jessica play second fiddle to Peter.

Felicia… well, I really can't think of a good reason to dismiss her as an option, so I'm not even going to try.
    I do not think Betty Brant was a very good match for Flash as it was a very volatile relationship between them. It always seem that her heart was always to renew her relationship with Peter once again, even if he is Spider-Man. In contrast, she was appalled that Flash as Agent Venom.

Jessica Drew recently left the Avengers to follow in Peter's example by being a street level crime fighter like him. And whenever they work together, they seem like an old married couple who enjoy each others company, even if Jessica pretends to say otherwise. Her interaction with Peter seems like a natural fit as they are good with finishing each others sentence.

All and all, any relationship that Peter has with a super heroine should be used as alternates to the Black Cat, or which the number of heroine fitting in that partnership role is VERY SMALL. And who falls in that range? Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov, as far as non Spider-Man created heroines goes. On the Peter Parker side, Jennifer Walters(Human) and Betsy Braddock.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-18-2015 at 03:32 PM.

I've never understood the Black Widow x Peter thing. Did I miss some comic where this all started?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    The one thing I actually didn't like about OMD was removing that one part of Black Cat. Before OMD I believe she actually started to like Peter Parker, not just Spider-Man.
    I think that Felicia has always liked Peter. Otherwise, she would not have had a serious relationship with him in the first place after he revealed his secret identity to her. Felicia's deepest regret was telling him that she wanted Spider-man because she had her own perceived not that he was rich and famous like Thomas Fireheart.

Astonishing Member

I've never understood the Black Widow x Peter thing. Did I miss some comic where this all started?
    Check out ASM #86, as well as Marvel Team-Up #82 thru #85....

I think that Felicia has always liked Peter. Otherwise, she would not have had a serious relationship with him in the first place after he revealed his secret identity to her. Felicia's deepest regret was telling him that she wanted Spider-man because she had her own perceived not that he was rich and famous like Thomas Fireheart.
    I wouldn't go that far. I think it's perfectly understandable that as the time went by she started to like Peter, not just his Spider-Man persona. I don't think that was there all the time, though.

Spectacular Member

Pretty sure it's explicitly stated that she was in love with him in some story drawn by Dodson or Cho. But I think it was MJ who was inferring it, rather than BC saying it herself.

I'd go with MJ or Black Cat if they weren't Slott's versions of MJ or Black Cat. But since Slott's got his claws in both of them, probably Carol.
    Last edited by EuphemismForSex; 03-18-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Pretty sure it's explicitly stated that she was in love with him in some story drawn by Dodson or Cho. But I think it was MJ who was inferring it, rather than BC saying it herself.

I'd go with MJ or Black Cat if they weren't Slott's versions of MJ or Black Cat. But since Slott's got his claws in both of them, probably Carol.
    I was recalling a panel where BC was saying it or thinking it to herself. Don't remember what though.

BANNED

I do not think Betty Brant was a very good match for Flash as it was a very volatile relationship between them. It always seem that her heart was always to renew her relationship with Peter once again, even if he is Spider-Man. In contrast, she was appalled that Flash as Agent Venom.

Jessica Drew recently left the Avengers to follow in Peter's example by being a street level crime fighter like him. And whenever they work together, they seem like an old married couple who enjoy each others company, even if Jessica pretends to say otherwise. Her interaction with Peter seems like a natural fit as they are good with finishing each others sentence.

All and all, any relationship that Peter has with a super heroine should be used as alternates to the Black Cat, or which the number of heroine fitting in that partnership role is VERY SMALL. And who falls in that range? Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov, as far as non Spider-Man created heroines goes. On the Peter Parker side, Jennifer Walters(Human) and Betsy Braddock.
    So Jessica left the Avengers just because of Peter? The development of her story is dependent on copying a man's decision?

Also, "any relationship that Peter has with a super heroine should be used as alternates to the Black Cat"? Seriously? Why do they need to be need viewed through the lense of how closely they match with Felicia's character?