View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    So Jessica left the Avengers just because of Peter? The development of her story is dependent on copying a man's decision?

Also, "any relationship that Peter has with a super heroine should be used as alternates to the Black Cat"? Seriously? Why do they need to be need viewed through the lense of how closely they match with Felicia's character?
    Jessica left the Avengers in part because she wants to find herself. Peter Parker was her inspiration to become a crime fighter in her own right. When I mean alternates to the Black Cat, I was implying about heroines who have feelings for Spider-Man as more than teammates, which are few and far between. Afterall, Dan Slott used Silver Sable and the Black Widow as alternates to the Black Cat for the Ends of the Earth storyline. I didn't meant to say that the heroines in question should be near identical to Felicia's character. Just a heroine who doesn't need to be Spider-Man's sidekick. And none of the heroines I've talked about are sidekick material.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Carol Danvers dated her rapist . . . to whom she also gave birth.

You read that right.
    In Carol's defense she was completely mind-controlled into falling in love with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jessica left the Avengers in part because she wants to find herself. Peter Parker was her inspiration to become a crime fighter in her own right. When I mean alternates to the Black Cat, I was implying about heroines who have feelings for Spider-Man as more than teammates, which are few and far between. Afterall, Dan Slott used Silver Sable and the Black Widow as alternates to the Black Cat for the Ends of the Earth storyline. I didn't meant to say that the heroines in question should be near identical to Felicia's character. Just a heroine who doesn't need to be Spider-Man's sidekick. And none of the heroines I've talked about are sidekick material.
    I hope to see Jessica and Peter finally get some time one on one now that she is off the Avengers and in town. They would be the perfect duo since Jess has feelings for him and they are the heir of the Spider title. I would also like to see Julia Carpenter return to being their spiritual guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Mary Jane. If not than Rachel Grey because that would be an epic love hate relationship and I can joke about Peter preferring redheads.
    I think unlike most of Peter's other past lovers, Rachel would put him in his place and make him grow as a man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think unlike most of Peter's other past lovers, Rachel would put him in his place and make him grow as a man.
    I always thought that Betsy Braddock would have a lot more in common with Peter Parker than Rachel Summers. Somehow, Rachel knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker in her own timeline, as well as by association with one of his children at the Charles Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. I believe that Rachel knows all about Peter Parker's future history than she lets on.

Cindy actually.

Would like to see them form a relationship despite their pheremones and decide to take things a bit slow.

They have a natural chemistry when fighting crime and are both natural wise-arses. But it works. That and she seems to be starting to form something more genuine for Peter than just their pheromone attraction which she also admits.

I "want" to see that expanded upon and it's honestly a nice change of pace. Particularly for Peter.

I really don't want a rehash right now of stuff I've seen for the past 20 years in terms of whom he's dated.

So Cindy to me is the pairing I'd want to personally see him in next. Spider-Gwen was 'first' when I first heard there was one.. but then I read the comics leading up to it, and just fell for the potential pairing of Cindy and Peter, even more so during the multi-verse arc, and even more so afterwards when it seemed despite their pheromone attraction Peter was content holding hands with her during a sweet moment, and she didn't force herself on him, just sat in his arms and held his hand. I'd like that to be a sign of something actually building that they CAN build, and build slowly to something 'real' if you want to call it that.

I'm also a fan of the dynamic they share, in many ways he is her inspiration, rival and at times mentor, part times lover But still, I love the idea of them together and forming a real relationship and I wouldn't mind it being that way for a few years.

heck even if they weren't dating but were a dynamic duo it'd still be pretty awesome.

Considering her comics are selling out and she is doing particularly well so she seems like a character that will stick around for a bit ^_^

Eventually, I would like her and Peter to be together. But I'm sure the majority will want to see him with Mary Jane again. I'm more of a 'been there done that' and want to see what they'd do with Cindy in an actual official relationship. But that's just me ^_^
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-19-2015 at 04:57 AM.

I like MJ but only as a wife. I wouldn't mind another go with Felicia but it has to be done in a more intelligent way than what we got after OMD. I'd be open to Cindy but they need to remove the pheromones.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I like MJ but only as a wife. I wouldn't mind another go with Felicia but it has to be done in a more intelligent way than what we got after OMD. I'd be open to Cindy but they need to remove the pheromones.
    I think them resisting the pheromones and building something slowly is actually a pretty nice angle. It basically means they're building something not because the pheromones make them, but because they want to. When she said that line about something about Peter draws her to him, something greater than whatever the pheromones could make her do.. THAT is the kind of thing I'm talking about and I like to hear. As well as them sharing a tender moment and ultimately deciding to hold hands instead of making out despite the pheromones effecting them both. To me that is strong stuff, and you can build a story around that. If done correctly it could actually form them a tighter bond if they bonded, and got together "despite' the pheromones rather than 'because' of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i LOVE Carol Danvers, and i liked their little romance. they should revive it again. let MJ cool off abit.

I hope they'll have spidey make a (small) cameo in the Captain Marvel movie.
    What romance? They dated once and it was awkward.

Spiderman should absolutely not be in the Captain Marvel movie. Her first solo movie should stand alone with no other superheroes. Shoehorning a character as popular as Spiderman runs the risk of overshadowing the star character. If anyone should be in the Captain Marvel movie it should be Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    The Carol Danvers romance was interesting. I liked the idea of two work colleagues falling in love (always room for drama there for the Avengers) and it'd be a reverse relationship for Peter.
    There never was a Carol Danvers/Peter Parker romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I would prefer Jennifer Walters and Julia Carpenter stayed just close friends with Peter. Not every female needs to be his lover.

Him and Carol have some undeniable chemistry together. I want to see that play out sooner or later when Carol's memory is restored.
    I always felt that she was a bit out of his league and their relationship worked out better as a big sis/lil brother friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post

I always felt that she was a bit out of his league and their relationship worked out better as a big sis/lil brother friendship.
    You are right. Pete has higher standards.

If anyone should be in the Captain Marvel movie it should be Mar-Vell.
    Ugh, god no, that character was dull as dirt. If anything I'm hoping the MCU/ post Secret Wars Universe erases him from her origin.

There never was a Carol Danvers/Peter Parker romance.
    it was never a romance, but they did reveal in "Siege" that Carol had a thing for the guy. She also showed up on that Spider-Man Valentine's Day cover if I remember correctly. So there is some precedent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Cindy actually.

Would like to see them form a relationship despite their pheremones and decide to take things a bit slow.

They have a natural chemistry when fighting crime and are both natural wise-arses. But it works. That and she seems to be starting to form something more genuine for Peter than just their pheromone attraction which she also admits.

I "want" to see that expanded upon and it's honestly a nice change of pace. Particularly for Peter.

I really don't want a rehash right now of stuff I've seen for the past 20 years in terms of whom he's dated.

So Cindy to me is the pairing I'd want to personally see him in next. Spider-Gwen was 'first' when I first heard there was one.. but then I read the comics leading up to it, and just fell for the potential pairing of Cindy and Peter, even more so during the multi-verse arc, and even more so afterwards when it seemed despite their pheromone attraction Peter was content holding hands with her during a sweet moment, and she didn't force herself on him, just sat in his arms and held his hand. I'd like that to be a sign of something actually building that they CAN build, and build slowly to something 'real' if you want to call it that.

I'm also a fan of the dynamic they share, in many ways he is her inspiration, rival and at times mentor, part times lover But still, I love the idea of them together and forming a real relationship and I wouldn't mind it being that way for a few years.

heck even if they weren't dating but were a dynamic duo it'd still be pretty awesome.

Considering her comics are selling out and she is doing particularly well so she seems like a character that will stick around for a bit ^_^

Eventually, I would like her and Peter to be together. But I'm sure the majority will want to see him with Mary Jane again. I'm more of a 'been there done that' and want to see what they'd do with Cindy in an actual official relationship. But that's just me ^_^
    What makes Cindy that different from Jessica Drew? To me, it looks like Cindy wasn't even into Peter to begin with. The writer for Silk's series has mentioned that there will not be any romance between them. Pheromones or not. It might have been cool to see Peter with Jessica as there is enough history for their partnership to go forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    it was never a romance, but they did reveal in "Siege" that Carol had a thing for the guy. She also showed up on that Spider-Man Valentine's Day cover if I remember correctly. So there is some precedent.
    And Jessica Drew was on the cover as well. Too bad Betty Brant wasn't on there as Carlie Cooper replaced her.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What makes Cindy that different from Jessica Drew? To me, it looks like Cindy wasn't even into Peter to begin with. The writer for Silk's series has mentioned that there will not be any romance between them. Pheromones or not. It might have been cool to see Peter with Jessica as there is enough history for their partnership to go forward.
    Despite being both Spider-characters, Silk is not the same as Jessica Drew.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I think them resisting the pheromones and building something slowly is actually a pretty nice angle. It basically means they're building something not because the pheromones make them, but because they want to. When she said that line about something about Peter draws her to him, something greater than whatever the pheromones could make her do.. THAT is the kind of thing I'm talking about and I like to hear. As well as them sharing a tender moment and ultimately deciding to hold hands instead of making out despite the pheromones effecting them both. To me that is strong stuff, and you can build a story around that. If done correctly it could actually form them a tighter bond if they bonded, and got together "despite' the pheromones rather than 'because' of them.
    Dan Slott developed that angle. The current writer for Silk has not. In fact, I do not think that we'll be seeing Silk and Peter in a relationship any time soon, if ever given that Cindy was never really attracted to him in the first place. Prior to them making out, Cindy was going to beat up on Peter before they first started making out. The only thing that Peter and Cindy have in common is the radioactive Spider that bit them respectively.