View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Rachel (Grey) Summers or Captain Yuri Watanabe or the 'pretty girl' in the Barstucks. It doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by saucemaster; 03-21-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: deleted extra Yuri
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I don't it needs a hard reboot to do that.
    She's the Lois Lane of the book. The only difference is that Lois was with Action Comics from day one, and Mary Jane developed later on.

Even if you did, you know people would still be demanding MJ and Peter.
    Yeah, well, when you're breaking up a marriage so that the main character can date other characters it's a good idea not to declare the love so special that the devil wants it expunged from reality, and then have your female lead declare that their love is so powerful the spell won't hold. (Add Raimi movies, 90s animated, and Ultimate and the problem gets worse.)

I really think the people who wanted the marriage retconned were so focused on getting it done that no one really thought about how Pete's dating life was going to actually work. In seven years he's had a total of one girlfriend since MJ. And the Black Cat thing, whatever you want to call it. If they want to go with the marriage aging Peter thing - I disagree - but fine, getting rid of the marriage takes care of that. But if they're going to add him being single and free to date, the marriage wasn't the problem. The problem is MJ is entrenched. A separated Peter and Mary Jane will always be in a love triangle (or quadrilateral). These are the tools they have to work with. They may as well move him to another city or change his powers as try to quash Pete&MJ.

That said, I'd actually like to see a new iteration where Peter's love life turns out differently. It just ain't gonna fly in 616 long term.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Rachel (Grey) Summers or Captain Yuri Watanabeor the 'pretty girl' in the Barstucks. It doesn't really matter.
    I do not think that Yuri Watanabe is into Peter Parker/Spider-Man as a potential love interest. But it might be cool to see Greer Grant and Rahne Sinclair as members of the NYPD under the leadership of Captain Yuri Watanabe......

Astonishing Member

Maybe Peter should stay single throughout Slott's run as we're not going to see any of these interesting dates under his penmanship.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-22-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Spider already took over the x-school and maybe Dan can write the X-Men, particularly Storm and Rachel, way better.

BANNED

Well then I take back what I said. I respect that character.
    Really, when God is approving of the relationship, I think it's safe to say that it'd work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Really, when God is approving of the relationship, I think it's safe to say that it'd work.
    Why he let the devil destroy it then? Marvel God like every other god in fiction can be wrong to.

BANNED

Because a third of the plans used for Civil War were dedicated to One More Day, so Mephisto was going to win regardless. Scenes that emphasized the importance of Peter and MJ's relationship ultimately ring hollow, as the respect was given in some vain attempt to soften the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Why he let the devil destroy it then? Marvel God like every other god in fiction can be wrong to.
    Because Peter & MJ let Mephisto do it of their own free will? That's usually how it works-god doesn't interfere in people's free choices. Even if it's a deal with the devil. Hell, he showed up in person and told Peter to keep the faith. That and you know, Quesada was editorially mandating it and screw the consequences. They're all fictional, at the end of the day they all do what the writer (or editor-in-chief) tell them to do, even if it's OOC.

And how DARE you besmirch our lord and saviour Jack Kirby!

Astonishing Member

I never understood why Peter's relationships have to be limited to those who first appeared in his books as opposed to those who first appeared elsewhere, like Jennifer Walters or Greer Grant as there two have normal everyday jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never understood why Peter's relationships have to be limited to those who first appeared in his books as opposed to those who first appeared elsewhere, like Jennifer Walters or Greer Grant as there two have normal everyday jobs.
    "Super heroes" are not normal, everyday jobs.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Super heroes" are not normal, everyday jobs.
    Being a lawyer seems pretty normal.

Being a lawyer seems pretty normal.
    Who is also a seven foot tall green woman who can bench press a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Because the entire premise of Peter Parker's life is his struggle between Peter & Spider-Man. If he's dating a superheroine (especially someone like She-Hulk or Tigra, who have public identities), that undermines that.

That and by necessity, whoever Spidey's significant other is will be a supporting character. So it just makes more sense for it to be someone created in the Spider-Man books.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Who is also a seven foot tall green woman who can bench press a truck.
    Yet we're speaking about regular jobs, not that.