Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think Josh Trank would be better off directing a Doom Patrol movie than a Fantastic Four. Replace 'Fantastic Four' with 'Doom Patrol' every time he talks about the project and I would be jumping up and down with excitement.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Still no interest.

It's what this film has done to Doom that's killed it for me.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    He called comic books cheesy/corny and subtly ripped on the source material.
    hopefully that means he is embracing some of the corny aspects of FF. Not bland and nondescript.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Still no interest.

Oh? So you've seen this movie and know the details? You've read the script? You're friends with Trank?

FACT: No one has any clue what's being done with Doom or how his storyline might progress and what he might become. As of now, there is only a very vague notion of where he came from and absolutely no clue as to where the character is headed. I doubt it could get any worse than the weak interpretation from the first two movies.

Internet blogger? Big deal. If 616 Doom was first introduced in a flashback as someone Reed went to college with, would that make his current self any less evil, powerful, or menacing? I think not.

I wish people would stop complaining until they actually have something concrete to complain about. Come back on August 7th and bitch if you must because complaining about what you imagine in your own head is a little nuts.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 03-18-2015 at 07:59 AM.

I don't really have a problem with the containment suits. Honestly if I were making this I'd have the "4" be a branding thing that is used in the second film, or something unveiled at the very end of the first, as a way to get them over with the public and show they aren't part of the "mutant menace".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I really like the idea of the containment suits. This is a group of young people suddenly having fantastic powers like turning into flame. That's a thing you might want to contain until you can properly control it.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Still no interest.

Well, it seems like we're getting Latveria in at least some form. And the leaked green screen picture of Doom at least looks like the character with the green cape and metal face and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I don't really have a problem with the containment suits. Honestly if I were making this I'd have the "4" be a branding thing that is used in the second film, or something unveiled at the very end of the first, as a way to get them over with the public and show they aren't part of the "mutant menace".
    I think an important thing to note is Fantastic Four can exist only within one medium of marketing. So there are the trailers, posters, interviews etc., however the Fox films are restricted because they will simply not get tie-in comics, won't get action figures, won't get t-shirts and notebooks or anything like that. So they can be a little more experimental in how they present their characters.

Maybe a way of thinking of this film is as the next X-Men: First Class? Of course that film did link to the earlier films in terms of continuity, although it could be understood perfectly by itself and reinvigorated the franchise. It had a short production time, used a lesser known director (at least at the time) and similarly approached the universe from an unconventional perspective, but still retaining the basic core and the X in the marketing. Similarly it was an origin film too, and although not everyone loved it the people who loved it LOVED it. Personally that film was one of my favourite films of 2011 and what got me into Marvel. And of course we now have DOFP because of it. So perhaps the series could be better served by starting during their careers and then doing a soft reboot prequel in ten years time. But then at the same time this IS the reboot, although unlike X-Men it isn't a soft one but a complete one.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

BANNED

ill be saving my $$$$ and pass on this abomination of an adaptation. Give me Dr. Doom, not little doogie houser doom.