Default With what's going on with Damian and Grayson, is enough being done with Drake and Todd?

With Damian being dead at least for a little longer (rumor is he comes back later this year in that Robin Rebirth story right?) and with Grayson going into hiding for secret agent stuff, is DC utilizing Red Robin and Red Hood as well as they could while the darling Robins are out of the picture?

I know Red Robin will be in Batman Eternal, but it seems like a million characters are in that book and they are all generally just supporting characters that may or may not get much screen time

With Red Robin and Red Hood's popularity should DC being pushing them more while Grayson and Damian are away? Or is it nice to have a Batman more on his own and letting other bat sidekicks like the new Bluebird or Batgirl be Batman's main sidekicks for the moment?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Tim will be a big part of eternal and is going to be in the re-launched Teen Titans. Lobdell is taking back control of Red Hood, who made Jason into a solid mid-tier character (compared to JT4).

Seems to me they are finally getting some love.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-18-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Amazing Member

Darling Robins?

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Tim will be a big part of eternal and is going to be in the re-launched Teen Titans. Lobdell is taking back control of Red Hood, who made Jason into a solid mid-tier character (compared to JT4).

Seems to me they are finally getting some love.
    Exactly. Both are major players in a team book, and Drake is getting some additional love in Eternal. What more do you want?

Those are two team books far removed from batman though and they starred in those books while Grayson and Damian were around. So that doesn't answer my question any
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 05-19-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

If you're asking because you want Tim to go back as Bruce's Robin or for either of these two heroes to be permanently situated in Gotham, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

I think the Bat office has come to firmly view Tim outside the mentoree role of Robin--and I stress mentorship because its become a successful component to that dynamic over the last few years. Tim hasn't been in receive mode for a long time. He'll assist on cases, but it won't be like what it used to be.

As for Jason, they've banked his whole entire book premise on being a nomadic 'Outsider'. The best you'll get is him occasionally helping out during certain events. Kind of like what you're seeing now.

^^That's true, especially about Jason

Astonishing Member

I can't say I think enough is being done with Tim.

He once had his own series for a long time. Now, he doesn't have a decent origin.

I didn't like the last Teen Titan series. I have no hope for the new Teen Titans series.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Those are two team books far removed from batman though and they starred in those books while Grayson and Damian were around. So that doesn't answer my question any
    Be careful what you wish for man. Dick Grayson was a "major" part of Forever Evil and look how that turned out.

I suppose more could be done with Tim and Jason, but at least Tim is getting a little love in Batman Eternal. Beyond that, both have their team books, where they are in leadership roles.

I don't see either of them getting solo books, anytime soon, so I don't know what other options are available.

BANNED

I believe that Tim will be back in the Bat-books as Robin (drop the "red" prefix) as well as star in his own Robin solo series and titans.