Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What if Wonder Woman Lives in Marvel Universe

That is to say, because of some random cosmic retcon, WW and her supporting cast is remade to be a native part of the Marvel Universe timeline.

This would be Pre-Flashpoint Wondy, with the only change is that her Hercules is replaced by the MU Hercules. Instead of the Hercules the rapist origin, we have this:

Hippolyta and her sister Antiope are born to Ares. While they both respect their father, they end up taking Athena's offer of joining the Amazons in exchange for immortality. Ares is pissed, and starts building an army to invade, even though he can't properly do anything with the Girdle of Gaea protecting them.

By coincidence, Herc comes to the island and he and Hippolyta get busy. Hera gets pissed, disguises herself as an Amazon, and rallies the other Amazons, saying that Herc is raping their queen. Herc books, taking the Girdle which Hippolyta willingly gave him, in exchange for him bringing it back once his Twelve Labors are finished. Ares jumps at the opportunity, invades with his army of souped up Spartans, and subjugates the Amazons.

The goddesses get ready to help their Amazons fight back, but Hera holds back. She reveals why in Hippolyta's dreams: she and Hercules had conceived a child and Hera won't help out until Hippolyta chooses agrees to her ultimatum: either the Hercules' name is cleared and the child dies, or the baby will survive, albeit cursed as a clay sculpture for the next 3000 years, and Hippolyta goes along with the lie that Hercules raped her and stole the Girdle. Hippolyta chooses the latter.

The Amazons win, and Hippolyta and Antiope leave the island; Hippolyta to get the Girdle back and Antiope because she lost faith in the gods and goes off to form her own mortal Amazons, the Bana Mighdall. Hercules gladly gives the Girdle back, but is shocked by the fact they conceived a child, and furious that he'll be falsely known as a monster among the Amazons, one of whom will be his daughter. However, his brother Hermes comes in, stating that as an outside party, he can tell what really happened to their kid when she gets old enough and avoid the wrath of Hera (he's kind of an expert on the subject). Hippolyta comes back with the Girdle and tells no one about this.

Flash forward to 1940. Steve Rogers crashes on Themyscira, which by now is kind of an Asgard-lite in terms of magitech. He tells them about the war, a quick trip to the island's oracle confirms Ares is riding high with all the chaos going on, and Hippolyta goes back to Patriach's World as Wonder Woman, fighting villains like the original Cheetah and Baroness Von Gunther. She and Cap get feelings for each other, but they are both too preoccupied with "The Job" to do anything about it.

Some time after the war, the baby is restored from clay, inheriting her Father's strength, as well as gaining godly gifts like a keen mind from Athena and flight from Hermes. Speaking of Hermes, he makes a deal with Morpheus the god of dreams (not the Neil Gaiman one... as far as we know) to allow Hercules the ability to visit his daughter in their dreams without Hera knowing about it. The baby is named Diana, a Roman name like the one her dad goes by in a passive aggressive defiance of Hera.

Twenty something years later, the new Age of Heroes comes, a contest is held, and Diana goes off to New York City.

She arrives in Man's World after the FF have gone public, but before the Avengers are formed.

Looking at her usual supporting cast and Enemies, this is what I got.

Donna Troy: Raised by Titans, comes in around 70s/80s Marvel, joins the New Warriors

Cassie Sandsmark: Daughter of Zeus, technically Diana's Aunt, co-leads the Young Avengers with Patriot

Paula von Gunthar: Possibly ends up with HYDRA.

Queen Clea: ancient Atlantian. Ties in with Namor

Silver Swan: Powerwise is similar to Screaming Mimi/Songbird, so might be connected there.

The Big ones are Genocide, Devastation, and Cronus...

Rough draft of her early years here.

How would she fit in events like:
    Secret İnvasion
    Civil War
    Infinıty Gaunlet
    World War Hulk
    AXIS
    House of M
    Secret Wars (The one from the 80s, not the one that hasn't been released)
    Kree-Skrull War
    Age of Apocalypse
    Avengers vs. X-Men
    Original Sin
    Chaos War
    Dark Reign
    Spider-Island

What will be her relationship with characters such as:
    Thor
    Henry Pym
    Steve Rogers
    Dr Doom
    Nick Fury
    Spider-Man
    Namor
    Hulk
    Norman Osborn
    Invisible Woman
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Captain Marvel (both of them)
    Tony Stark
    Spider-Woman
    Inhumans
    Dr. Strange
    Rogue
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Wasp
    Magneto

Keep in mind that these are all suggestions to get the ball rolling, you can picture her interacting with whoever or whatever you want.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 03-07-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't have any reason to read DC any more.

BANNED

Hmmm. I have no idea how to approach this. Obviously, in DC she is part of the big three so she's going to play a major part in every big thing that goes on but I don't know how big she would be if she was always a Marvel character, and I don't know how much of her character would be in tact. I suppose she'd have plenty good adventures with Thor. A Wonder Woman and Sif team up probably would have happened. I don't know what she would have been doing during those events really.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Hm. If anything many of the heroes maybe wouldn't have become so tarnished having a sturdy center of morality in play to keep them in check (Superman would probably have the same type of effect). Except for whatever event had Wonder Woman become a grimdark version of herself temporarily because you know, that Marvel thing.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I would say that she would be either a solo hero or would hang out with the X-men.

If Wonder Woman became part of the Marvel Universe . . . they'd screw up her solo book and find a reason they "had to" cancel it after a year or two.

In all honestly I think she's just be another brick on the Avengers. I don't see her as a huge game changer in really anything.

Wouldn't mind her and Simon hooking up though.

She'd look like this.

Or maybe this:

Or I guess this:

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I figure she would have been one of the original Avengers, having maybe battled either Thor or Hulk or both in a crossover prior to that. So you might have an interesting dynamic on the Avengers before Cap arrives since you have two women on the team, and I could see Wasp attempting to help Diana adjust to man's world. And there would be plenty of similarities with Thor so they'd have a sort of love-hate relationship but ultimately be firm friends, and she'd likely end up allying with Valkyrie and Sif on a regular basis. She's also be a good friend of Scarlet Witch when she'd join, probably similar to Carol Danvers.

Hippolyta being Wonder Woman in WW2 with the Invaders and having feelings for Steve would cause an interesting dynamic between him and Diana given I figure of the romance options she would probably be drawn to Steve more than Thor (too similar) and Iron Man (she'd be immune to his charms for the most part I suspect), but her mother would make things awkward. So who might she also be drawn to is debatable. And when Hercules shows up, that gets more complicated.

Diana is pretty diplomatic but as far as Civil War goes I suspect she'd side with Steve. Probably lead to a big Wonder Woman vs She Hulk (who was Pro Reg) fight.

What Namor thinks of her really depends what relationship he had with Hippolyta back in the Invaders.

Anyway, that's a few thoughts I have about it.

She'll be assassinated by Invisible Girl the moment she left her home and it will be destroyed by Mister Fantastic with orbital canon.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    She'll be assassinated by Invisible Girl the moment she left her home and it will be destroyed by Mister Fantastic with orbital canon.
    Um why would they want to kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Well played.

Magic and Loss is one of my favorite issues.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If Wonder Woman was in the Marvel Universe, the issue where she gets slapped or otherwise denigrated by her spouse/male love interest would end with her being arrested for his murder. In an attempt to escape, she'd fly into orbit in her unshielded invisible plane, become bombarded by both cosmic and gamma rays, and make a deal with the Phoenix Force to save the life... of her magic lasso. Then she'd go all Dark World War Wonder Woman and kill off every representation of male chauvinism in the Marvel Universe. The end.

Edit: I would love to have Wonder Woman in the Marvel Universe. Or someone like her.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-08-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I think she would be BFF with Storm and stomp 616 Aries within a year. She would date Steve Rogers unless he invades or tries to control the X side of things then she would just break is jaw.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-09-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Interesting question , i'll fill up with the stories/heroes i'm familiar with

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

How would she fit in events like:
    Secret İnvasion ( after wiping some skrull amazons, they go invisible like in infinite crisis, will join for final battle )
    World War Hulk (perhaps help civilians from the hulk and crew)
    AXIS (hmm..maybe lead a team of amazons on a world wide invasion?)

What will be her relationship with characters such as:
    Thor (a good relationship, given they are both honorable people from myths, sparring partner? )
    Steve Rogers (diana respects him , an invader alongside hippolyta)
    Dr Doom (Doom would be a mortal enemy after trying to enslave the amazons)
    Spider-Man (does'nt take him seriously at first, admires his fighting spirit later)
    Namor (an invader alongside hippolyta too, possible godfather and mentor for diana? :P )
    Hulk (a worthy adversary, WW see hulk as a titan of sorts)
    Invisible Woman (respect from both sides, WW doubts sue's worth in battle but a quick forcefield to her windpipes proves otherwise)

Keep in mind that these are all suggestions to get the ball rolling, you can picture her interacting with whoever or whatever you want.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)