Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Erica Durance is my favorite version of her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Mine too. I love that Erica is not some dainty waif, but has some size on her. Hard to notice sometimes when she's next to 6'3 Tom Welling. Amy is growing on me though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has more than a cameo in B v S.

Quote Originally Posted by KonFan78 View Post
    Mine too. I love that Erica is not some dainty waif, but has some size on her. Hard to notice sometimes when she's next to 6'3 Tom Welling. Amy is growing on me though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has more than a cameo in B v S.
    I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by KonFan78 View Post
    Yeah, it was a good choice considering that the other actresses were all very short next to Tom Welling - something that they all highlighted in season 4's audio commentary tracks.

Some info about Earth 2: Futures End and World's End:

In the future (seen weekly in The New 52: Futures End), the denizens of Earth 2 have ended up on Earth as illegal refugees following a war with Darkseid and his minions from Apokolips that's destroyed their world.

Scientific genius Michael Holt, aka Mr. Terrific, has been a man caught between both Earths, and now he hopes to use his power and know-how to put alien tech to good use with his u-Spheres and keep the planet safe from invaders.

However, other people such as fellow science guy Terry Sloan aren't quite as noble, and Terrific ends up on the run to protect his friends and his powerful inventions.

"It's exactly the kind of story I love to think about: pushing people to their limit, raising the stakes as high as they'll go, and seeing what shakes out and who survives and who doesn't," says Wilson, who's paired on the Futures End issue with artist Eddy Barrows.

The writer feels every human being has some part of their brain that's devoted to trying to figure out how they'd survive a disaster, and as much as Wilson digs thinking about A.I.s and alien intellect, he also gets to explore the racism situation that's developed on Earth with the hundreds of millions of people who've arrived from Earth 2.

"They're kind of angry about the resources that these people are taking up, even though they're in many cases almost exact duplicates of people who are on Earth," Wilson says.

His Futures End issue visits Cadmus Island, a prison that's holding all the superheroes from Earth 2 such as the android Red Tornado (the Lois Lane of that alt-world), but it's the logical and scientific mind-sets of both Holt and Sloan that really resonate with Wilson as a writer.

[...]

In addition to exploring that hellish planet and who lives there, Worlds End ties up a lot of Futures End mysteries by following Red Tornado, Earth 2's new Superman Val-Zod, John Constantine, the parallel Batman Thomas Wayne, Dick Grayson and his wife Barbara, and the heroic duo of Power Girl and Huntress.

[...]

Wilson is also finding ways to introduce characters with histories to each other who've never met in all the world building and world twisting.

"Having Huntress and Power Girl come back and meet Lois in her robot form and Thomas Wayne, they're meeting members of their family and it's heavy and it's emotional and it's great to be able to make those connections because you already have established characters with established relationships and then you expose them in new combinations," Wilson says.
    Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/14925713/
    Last edited by Jon11; 09-02-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Yeah, it was a good choice considering that the other actresses were all very short next to Tom Welling - something that they all highlighted in season 4's audio commentary tracks.

"Having Huntress and Power Girl come back and meet Lois in her robot form and Thomas Wayne, they're meeting members of their family and it's heavy and it's emotional and it's great to be able to make those connections because you already have established characters with established relationships and then you expose them in new combinations," Wilson says.
    Thanks for the info, Jon!!
    I really want to see the meeting between Lois and Karen!!!
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 09-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

In the future (seen weekly in The New 52: Futures End), the denizens of Earth 2 have ended up on Earth as illegal refugees following a war with Darkseid and his minions from Apokolips that's destroyed their world.

Scientific genius Michael Holt, aka Mr. Terrific, has been a man caught between both Earths, and now he hopes to use his power and know-how to put alien tech to good use with his u-Spheres and keep the planet safe from invaders.

However, other people such as fellow science guy Terry Sloan aren't quite as noble, and Terrific ends up on the run to protect his friends and his powerful inventions.

"It's exactly the kind of story I love to think about: pushing people to their limit, raising the stakes as high as they'll go, and seeing what shakes out and who survives and who doesn't," says Wilson, who's paired on the Futures End issue with artist Eddy Barrows.

The writer feels every human being has some part of their brain that's devoted to trying to figure out how they'd survive a disaster, and as much as Wilson digs thinking about A.I.s and alien intellect, he also gets to explore the racism situation that's developed on Earth with the hundreds of millions of people who've arrived from Earth 2.

"They're kind of angry about the resources that these people are taking up, even though they're in many cases almost exact duplicates of people who are on Earth," Wilson says.

His Futures End issue visits Cadmus Island, a prison that's holding all the superheroes from Earth 2 such as the android Red Tornado (the Lois Lane of that alt-world), but it's the logical and scientific mind-sets of both Holt and Sloan that really resonate with Wilson as a writer.

[...]

In addition to exploring that hellish planet and who lives there, Worlds End ties up a lot of Futures End mysteries by following Red Tornado, Earth 2's new Superman Val-Zod, John Constantine, the parallel Batman Thomas Wayne, Dick Grayson and his wife Barbara, and the heroic duo of Power Girl and Huntress.

[...]

Wilson is also finding ways to introduce characters with histories to each other who've never met in all the world building and world twisting.

Thanks for all the info, Jon11!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Anyone here by any chance read the Green Arrow Futures End issue? I only ask because I just read that there's a hint in it of a possible romance between Ollie and Lois. I read it on Newsarama though and they're known to exaggerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Anyone here by any chance read the Green Arrow Futures End issue? I only ask because I just read that there's a hint in it of a possible romance between Ollie and Lois. I read it on Newsarama though and they're known to exaggerate.
    Yeah, I've seen that. Actually, It's implied that they dated years ago.

Have they talked to each other at all in New 52? I liked them together in "Smallville", but this whole "tell, don't show" thing is kind of a bummer.
    Last edited by Jon11; 09-04-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Green Arrow: Future's End #1:

and for some Smallville visuals...

Thanks for the clarification, all. I'm very skeptical when it comes to stuff I read there so I didn't know if they were making a big to do about nothing.

It does seem to at least be a slight nod though. Interesting. It actually wouldn't be something I'd be opposed to see played with in present day. That it was already done in Smallville surely makes the idea a lot less weird to me from the get-go. To date though no, there's been no interaction between the two. I had always hoped that with the relaunch they'd bring the Clark/Ollie friendship from Smallville to the comics though because I thought it was really done well. Maybe this is a hint of plans to have the Arrow and Superman mythos' come in contact more in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, all. I'm very skeptical when it comes to stuff I read there so I didn't know if they were making a big to do about nothing.

It does seem to at least be a slight nod though. Interesting. It actually wouldn't be something I'd be opposed to see played with in present day. That it was already done in Smallville surely makes the idea a lot less weird to me from the get-go. To date though no, there's been no interaction between the two. I had always hoped that with the relaunch they'd bring the Clark/Ollie friendship from Smallville to the comics though because I thought it was really done well. Maybe this is a hint of plans to have the Arrow and Superman mythos' come in contact more in the near future?
    Since Jeff Lemire is leaving "Green Arrow" and the new team will add Felicity in the story, I suppose this romance was just mentioned to connect Oliver and Lois in "Futures End" storyline. Which is a shame considering how much trust in Lois he showed in it and we don't even know how deep their relationship was.

And I completely agree with you on Clark/Oliver friendship. Developing underused friendships such as this one, Clark/Bart, Lois/Kara, and others is one of the advantages that a show has over a comic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

Thanks for this info misslane. So Oliver was the one who sent the info to Lois. I love the trust Ollie has in Lois to figure out what is going on. Excited to see Lois interact with Ollie later in the Futures End Weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

Thanks Misslane!!! Lollie was so hot, and then they were great friends. One of my favorite relationships in Smallville beside Clois, obviously.

I really loved them together in Smallville, so I'm open to see a relationship between them. Sadly I donīt think they show nothing else... Who know...
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 09-05-2014 at 12:02 PM.

I'm open to it too. Its just so hard to tell with these types of tales what, if anything, might transfer over into actual continuity. I mean, I have no doubt this future is going to concretely be erased (as I think the title to the entire series is a hint that all possible futures are in essence going to be erased and the true future is a blank slate), but certain ideas could certainly begin to filter into present day in different ways.

Remember that story were Lois literally as made a goddess? I wish I knew which comics those were. Here's the link to the scans-daily clips that includes one of the "Goddess of Integrity" storyline comics.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1268451.html#cutid1