Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2231

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, given that her blood relations are already white, let's not.

I'm not yet sure who Berlanti & Co would cast as Lois Lane for SUPERGIRL, other than she should look not too dissimilar to their Lucy Lane (Jenna Dewan Tatum), and should be closer in age to their Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart), and I guess my vote for SUPERGIRL's Lois Lane right now would be ...

Tiffani Thiessen
    , the former Kelly Kapowski from SAVED BY THE BELL.

Right age, right look, right price.

But we'll see.

That said, they cast a black woman as Lois in a production of "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman" several years ago in Texas and it looked pretty decent there to me.

Wow.

Two things:

The visual contrast between Lois and Clark here is amazing. I guess I like it better when couples don't look like they might be siblings (same skin/hair/eyes/etc). DC more than Marvel has this problem (Clois, BatCat, CanArrow).

And also, this image would definitely be filed under the "See, the trunks DO look stupid!" argument.

I'm not opposed to the idea inherently, necessarily - as long as her personality is the same.
    QFT.

The more you change the externals (audio/visual), the less you change the internals (attitude). Change both too much and you get a totally new character, a la SUPERGIRL's much-maligned James Olsen.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Bought off the shelf? That's super cool. And yeah, Superman's answer was a cop out, but not in a way that I myself found exclusive to this story. He always had some lame excuse, haha.

That's not inexplicable. Unfortunately, it's the kind of thing people will use to justify their desire not to change ("see? they don't like us either!") but in that story as well as many others, the brisk hostility to opening up to a stranger is a line of defense against exploitation.
    Oh the ways they tried to keep Superman single in those days while keeping a love interest. A married Superman is older. Maybe that's one reason they never went ahead. His readers comprised of mostly eight year olds. Maybe one reason why it is more successful now where he is not just married but also a father. The readers are older now.

Its definitely not used to justify exploitation. But i fail to see how its a line of defense.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Just rewatched "World's Finest" (crossover between Superman: TAS and Batman: TAS) and, honestly, hated the way Lois was written there.

She was about to move to Gotham to be with Bruce after having a few dates with him. In 40 minutes (and in-universe, less than a month), Bruce got more intimate with Lois than Clark in 4 seasons (in-universe, years).
    Honestly, are there any cute moments beside Lois and Clark in the animated series? I remember one where Clark joked about being Superman, but that's it.

March 2018 solicits shared by Miles To Go in the Lane & Kent thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

ACTION COMICS #999
    Written by DAN JURGENS • Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND • Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “The General”! Superman’s journey through time has crashed to a halt, and at the end of the line General Sam Lane stands face to face for the first time with his grandson, Jon. Buckle up, because the most awkward super-family reunion in history is about to begin!
    On sale MARCH 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #42
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON • Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON • Variant cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “BOYzarro RE-DEATH” part one! It’s a bizarre, Boyzarro world—and we just live in it! When Superboy comes face to face with Boyzarro, the Son of Bizzaro, a strange transformation begins to take place. But that’s not all that the Kents have knocking on their door! Superman versus Bizarro round one am not just the beginning!
    On sale MARCH 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #43
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON • Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON • Variant cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    “BOYzarro RE-DEATH” part two! What do you get when you try to fit a boy from a square planet into a round one? Boyzarro! Superboy and Kathy try to keep the lid on their Bizarro-sized can of worms as Boyzarro tears a rage-filled path of destruction from Metropolis to Hamilton and beyond! But what happens when Superman and Bizarro find out what their kids have been up to?
    On sale MARCH 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPER SONS #14
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art by CARLO BARBERI and ART THIBERT • Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “MOTHER’S DAY” part two! Talia al Ghul is back in Damian’s life, for better and for worse! As the world’s deadliest mom forces Robin to make the ultimate choice between his past and future, Superboy finds himself caught in the middle. But the specter of Damian’s murderous past life has shaken the bond between the Super Sons, and the body count is far from final.
    On sale MARCH 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    March 2018 solicits shared by Miles To Go in the Lane & Kent thread:
    Thank you for all the wonderful art and previews. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Lois Lane is in the Gotham City Garage #17

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Oh, hey, that's cool. I always wanted a elseworld where Lois & Jimmy had more of a brother/sister relationship like that. And Lois' design is fun.

Thanks for sharing, GreatKungLao!
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Oh, hey, that's cool. I always wanted a elseworld where Lois & Jimmy had more of a brother/sister relationship like that. And Lois' design is fun.

Thanks for sharing, GreatKungLao!
    Here is to more Clois and good interpretations of our favorite reporter in 2018. Happy New Year everyone!

This image shocked me... They are like kids that live in one country in war..

Thanks for sharing! Is the series any good? I may check it out. Just for Lois.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited by Jon11; 01-03-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Badass Lois?! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing, GreatKungLao. Guess I'll have to check this one out. ^_^

And...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Loving all the art! Especially Lois wearing the blue lantern suit, and the old school Superwoman suit. Hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Loving all the art! Especially Lois wearing the blue lantern suit, and the old school Superwoman suit. Hehe...
    It was interesting saw her as a blue lantern.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

This version of Lois is now one of my favorites. I now want a statue or figure of this version.