Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2231

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Lois Lane series coming? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...e-series-sxsw/

" Jim Lee was asked by an audience member if Lois Lane would be getting her own comic book. And rather than give a “no plans at this time, but you never know” standard answer, the DC Comics co-publisher said “There are big plans,” gave a big wink, and continued. “You know we can’t say anything. Brian has big plans and is a prolific writer … and we have a lot of other creators … we are fully aware of the love of these characters and we would be remiss to ignore that.” "
    .... Maybe we will see one future Lois miniserie..

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    When I was child, I got into Superman for Superman and didn't think too much of Lois but as I grew I realised how great she was. However, that was still in relation to Superman's story. Now I really just want her to be shown in all her awesome glory with Superman being optional. I almost wished Bendis' AC pitch of focusing on Metropolis/DP was in fact for a Lois centered book. Let's see Superman through his wife's eyes instead of only seeing her (minimally) through his eyes. Basically, let's focus on Lois for a change.

I truly hope we get a Lois book soon.
    I have been a fan of both Lois and Superman both as a couple and as individuals since childhood (decades ago for me).
    I would be thrilled to have a book that focuses on her character again!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermom8 View Post
    I have been a fan of both Lois and Superman both as a couple and as individuals since childhood (decades ago for me).
    I would be thrilled to have a book that focuses on her character again!
    I'm definitely a fan of both (always both) but it took me a while to be a fan of both individually I could do with DC showcasing Lois' awesomeness, with and without Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Lois Lane series coming? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...e-series-sxsw/

" Jim Lee was asked by an audience member if Lois Lane would be getting her own comic book. And rather than give a “no plans at this time, but you never know” standard answer, the DC Comics co-publisher said “There are big plans,” gave a big wink, and continued. “You know we can’t say anything. Brian has big plans and is a prolific writer … and we have a lot of other creators … we are fully aware of the love of these characters and we would be remiss to ignore that.” "
    Thanks for the info, DragonPiece!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    I... I'll wait until a hear of a more concrete thing. I've seen this talk before.

But still, I already have the perfect artist for it (and who's now available in the market):

Books I'd Kill to Draw: Superman's Wife, Lois Lane

Lois Lane is another supporting character that I think could easily carry their own title, if done properly. She had her own title back in the day, with Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane, that lasted for all of 137 issues,as well as a handfull of one-shots and miniseries along the way. I think for it to work nowadays it might have to be a bit of a mash up of some of the silver-age kookiness and Lois actually using some of her reporter's instincts to get into the fray a bit though.
    By Chris Samnee.

By lauracbreezy:

Yup, I agree. Let's wait and see. Aww, chibi Lois is so cute! =3
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Then Chris would be good fit for sure. I read some of the early issues of this Captain America run and the art was good. And looking at the sketches posted by Jon i think he would do a really good job. But i would like to hear from Jon and others why he would be perfect. Being relatively new to comics i don't get that difference or special factor an artist can bring.
    Well, for starters, his passion for her character is infectious. When you're a good/great artist, most often than not, your art elevates itself (see Jorge Jimenez on Super Sons, as an example).

Speaking more specifically on his art, I think Samnee's has a levity and expressive work that it's perfect for Lois (and many other characters). Not to mention a lot of good input he's capable of giving in such a special project like this one would be.

Here's an example of all the fun he could help create:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Well, for starters, his passion for her character is infectious. When you're a good/great artist, most often than not, your art elevates itself (see Jorge Jimenez on Super Sons, as an example).

Speaking more specifically on his art, I think Samnee's has a levity and expressive work that it's perfect for Lois (and many other characters). Not to mention a lot of good input he's capable of giving in such a special project like this one would be.

Here's an example of all the fun he could help create:

Thanks for replying!

I have observed how good Super Sons is due to the work of Jorge Jimenez. A fine example for a Superman fan. And i can understand the rest. Hopefully, they get their plans together soon. I am guessing that depends on what Bendis is doing. While i would not mind another artist. Getting even a Lois title is such a news that none of us would be choosy. But yes Chris Samnee would be great.

As 2018 is Lois Lane's 80th anniversary year, I was wondering ...

Is Action Comics (vol 1) # 27 the first cover appearance of Lois Lane?

There seems to be some confusion as some sources list Action Comics (vol 1) # 29 as her first appearance:

Personally, I definitely prefer the cover to #27, although there is something ... off -putting about her first two cover appearances both have Lois being a damsel in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    As 2018 is Lois Lane's 80th anniversary year, I was wondering ...

Is Action Comics (vol 1) # 27 the first cover appearance of Lois Lane?

There seems to be some confusion as some sources list Action Comics (vol 1) # 29 as her first appearance:

Personally, I definitely prefer the cover to #27, although there is something ... off -putting about her first two cover appearances both have Lois being a damsel in distress.
    I don't know why there seems to be a confusion. Both look as Lois Lane. What do the stories inside suggest? There has to be a story inside which has a panel like this. And if somehow #27 fails to mention that she is Lois Lane, and she is not Lois Lane, (you know reporter, Clark's rival etc.) there's enough room for someone to say that she is not Lois. Her picture is quite small.

About the off putting thing, i will say some can say this was in those times. But in many ways she is often used as a damsel in distress even now. But here's the thing. From what i have heard (from some people) being rescued by Superman or someone is not bad. When we picture a strong woman character, we picture someone kicking off people and being a bada**. You know warriors who don't need help and take care of everything themselves. Like Wonder Woman or Ripley from Alien series. But its not what they mean by 'strong' character that they are physically strong and unbeatable. If its there, that's good. Rather its the personality and character. That's why one won't hear complaints about Lois Lane of Golden Age, but Lois Lane of Silver Age, even if both were being rescued by Superman quite frequently. And the present Superman Rebirth run with Lois punching robots on the moon isn't really working for many people.

Reading Action Comics #1, Lois is a strong character even if she is captured by crooks and rescued by Superman. Her fearlessness and independence shows her in great light. So, while i can understand your feeling uncomfortable its not bad. Provided, i am understanding the stuff i am reading.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-19-2018 at 09:07 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I don't know why there seems to be a confusion. Both look as Lois Lane. What do the stories inside suggest? There has to be a story inside which has a panel like this. And if somehow #27 fails to mention that she is Lois Lane, and she is not Lois Lane, (you know reporter, Clark's rival etc.) there's enough room for someone to say that she is not Lois. Her picture is quite small.

About the off putting thing, i will say some can say this was in those times. But in many ways she is often used as a damsel in distress even now. But here's the thing. From what i have heard (from some people) being rescued by Superman or someone is not bad. When we picture a strong woman character, we picture someone kicking off people and being a bada**. You know warriors who don't need help and take care of everything themselves. Like Wonder Woman or Ripley from Alien series. But its not what they mean by 'strong' character that they are physically strong and unbeatable. If its there, that's good. Rather its the personality and character. That's why one won't hear complaints about Lois Lane of Golden Age, but Lois Lane of Silver Age, even if both were being rescued by Superman quite frequently. And the present Superman Rebirth run with Lois punching robots on the moon isn't really working for many people.

Reading Action Comics #1, Lois is a strong character even if she is captured by crooks and rescued by Superman. Her fearlessness and independence shows her in great light. So, while i can understand your feeling uncomfortable its not bad. Provided, i am understanding the stuff i am reading.
    You know when Marston created Steve Trevor presumably based on Lois I think he missed the point of what made Lois work as a character. She was a person in contrast to Steve who has never been re-created to interesting or treated as a person especially in the Silver Age ironically Steve got a good deal out of the New 52 he became young and was the director of A.R.G.U.S. but DC thought it wasn't worth it. What funny is that in the Golden Age Lois and Catwoman set the gold standard for how a love interest should be written but no one at DC seems capable of understanding that. Love interests have to be people first lovers second. Tha tis kind of the opposite of the later issues with women in refrigerators problems.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You know when Marston created Steve Trevor presumably based on Lois I think he missed the point of what made Lois work as a character. She was a person in contrast to Steve who has never been re-created to interesting or treated as a person especially in the Silver Age ironically Steve got a good deal out of the New 52 he became young and was the director of A.R.G.U.S. but DC thought it wasn't worth it. What funny is that in the Golden Age Lois and Catwoman set the gold standard for how a love interest should be written but no one at DC seems capable of understanding that. Love interests have to be people first lovers second. Tha tis kind of the opposite of the later issues with women in refrigerators problems.
    I agree with you. Its the character which makes supporting characters work. I did not see Steve Trevor this way. But i think you are right.

I agree with you. Its the character which makes supporting characters work. I did not see Steve Trevor this way. But i think you are right.
    Yeah and pays to know this principle when you work in writing until a writer comes on board and understands to make Steve Trevor interesting they have to treat him as person he's never going to click the same way Lois and Catwoman have. The Wonder Woman movie understood this in contrast to Rucka who doesn't because I have seen interviews where he talks like Steve's life is all about Diana. Lois is in love with Clark but it never meant that her individuality was sacrificed in contrast to Steve whose individuality is always sacrificed. The most Steve has become famous for is surviving every attempt to remove him.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-20-2018 at 06:46 AM.

BANNED

I... I'll wait until a hear of a more concrete thing. I've seen this talk before.

But still, I already have the perfect artist for it (and who's now available in the market):

By Chris Samnee.

By lauracbreezy:

If we do get a Lois Lane solo book I would be ecstatic. If Chris Samnee somehow ends up being the artist I would die of happiness. I hope he gets his wish. Also: Chibi Lois is adorable. Thanks for sharing, Jon!

Yeah and pays to know this principle when you work in writing until a writer comes on board and understands to make Steve Trevor interesting they have to treat him as person he's never going to click the same way Lois and Catwoman have. The Wonder Woman movie understood this in contrast to Rucka who doesn't because I have seen interviews where he talks like Steve's life is all about Diana. Lois is in love with Clark but it never meant that her individuality was sacrificed in contrast to Steve whose individuality is always sacrificed. The most Steve has become famous for is surviving every attempt to remove him.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. As much as I love movie Steve, comic book Steve suffers from both a lack of development and an interesting contrast to Diana. Which is a shame because I think he occupies an interesting space being a non powered male love interest to a super powered female who also originated in the golden age. I really hope that when Robinson leaves, we have someone who takes time developing Steve and the rest of Wonder Woman's cast. Her cast ( her villains, her sidekicks, hell, her everything ) has been neglected far too long and the main book suffers because of that ( well that and DC seems to think that tales about her Twin are more interesting than Diana herself ).

Fantastic Member

Blame marston for making him a damsel in distress in the golden age the classic submissive male. If he had made him interesting and had independent thoughts besides always agreeing with diana maybe he would be as respected as lois is today who knows. At least in the golden age they made lois interesting for superman the same was not done for trevor. A movie which was good by the way cannot fix 75 years of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Blame Marston for making him a damsel in distress in the golden age the classic submissive male. If he had made him interesting and had independent thoughts besides always agreeing with diana maybe he would be as respected as Lois is today who knows. At least in the golden age they made Lois interesting for superman the same was not done for Trevor. A movie which was good by the way cannot fix 75 years of mediocrity.
    The New 52 and Post-Crisis was actually DC's chances to make up for Marston's pathetic one-dimensional vision of Steve actually but DC true to their ineptitude with Wonder Woman never actually committed themselves to the principle of making Steve a person like Lois was. Or trying to give him a more engaging background and all Perez did with Steve's background is make him even more boring and useless. The movie was an answer on how to fix him screaming in their faces Besides the New 52 made up for the how DC mishandled Jason Todd as the Red Hood. And Post-Crisis made up for how Jason was simply a Dick Grayson rip-off I don't see why the same can't be done for Steve.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-21-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Its kinda funny that Rucka has made Steve like this in Rebirth. But look at what he says for Lois Lane.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...ith-greg-rucka
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-21-2018 at 12:35 PM.