Page 136 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2231
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Its kinda funny that Rucka has made Steve like this in Rebirth. But look at what he says for Lois Lane.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...ith-greg-rucka
    This is pathetic you could give the man a Lois Lane book and he would probably do a great deal with her but if you hand him a possible Steve Trevor book or one-shot he would perform so pathetically it won't be funny. So much for being a pro because pros must be objective and that means the character comes first over supplementary elements like romance. Rebirth is another chance to right Steve but so far no one has taken full advantage of it. People like Rucka can probably write a good Wonder Woman but they can't write a good Steve Trevor which is a testimony to their weaknesses and the company's weaknesses.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-21-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    This is pathetic you could give the man a Lois Lane book and he would do a great deal with her but if you hand him a possible Steve Trevor book or one-shot he would perform so pathetically it won't be funny. So much for being a pro because pros must be objective and that means the character comes first over supplementary elements like romance. Rebirth is another chance to right Steve but so far no one has taken full advantage of it. People like Rucka can probably write a good Wonder Woman but they can't write a good Steve Trevor which is a testimony to their weaknesses and the company's weaknesses.
    I think he can do that. Write a good Steve Trevor if he wanted to. Look at the film. If Johns and Jenkins can do this, surely he can. A good writer can try new things and make it work. Looks like he didn't try or wanted to try.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I think he can do that. Write a good Steve Trevor if he wanted to. Look at the film. If Johns and Jenkins can do this, surely he can. A good writer can try new things and make it work. Looks like he didn't try or wanted to try.
    You're right but he didn't and I can't help but think that it shows that Rucka lacks professionalism something Jenkins and Johns showed when they wrote the movie. If he actually will try I'm all for it. But until they sign up someone who will approach Wonder Woman with this mindset to write Steve as a character just as much as they have done for Diana and actually give him an engaging background like all the other iconic love interests of Batman and Superman allowing him to reach the heights Lois and Catwoman have only Wonder Woman won't improve by much. Because she's not strong enough to hold up her book all on her own.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-21-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Nice to see the ol' Superman statue again

Fantastic Member

This is amazing. Love it.

I wonder if Clark and Jon could get away with doing what Lois is doing there, and nobody would realise they're the real Superman and Superboy?

By the way, I don't know if you want to update your sig - Nobody turned up in Superman this week!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hehehe...I loved it!

Thanks for sharing, adrikito!! =)
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Speaking more specifically on his art, I think Samnee's has a levity and expressive work that it's perfect for Lois (and many other characters). Not to mention a lot of good input he's capable of giving in such a special project like this one would be.

Here's an example of all the fun he could help create:

Yup, he could be great with Lois. =)

More art (WIP):

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Keep an ear and eye open. They just announced a new Catwoman ongoing for July. I have a feeling Lois might be next. One newly-married iconic female DC character getting an ongoing written by a female writer...it just feels like a Lois ongoing will be announced with it. Maybe I'm wrong so don't shoot the messenger if I am but just something to ponder.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Keep an ear and eye open. They just announced a new Catwoman ongoing for July. I have a feeling Lois might be next. One newly-married iconic female DC character getting an ongoing written by a female writer...it just feels like a Lois ongoing will be announced with it. Maybe I'm wrong so don't shoot the messenger if I am but just something to ponder.
    Hot damn! I want them both. And give me back Supergirl.

Just do the Adventures of Lois and Catwoman!

Selina, with her ties and skills, can dig up stories (and maybe gets a "souvenir" from some of the criminals), while Lois reports on them from the Daily Planet.

Never underestimate the significant others of superheroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Catwoman got a book. I did not really expect that. A married woman getting a solo of her own. It looks like a miracle. I don't think this has been done before. Yes she is not married yet. But she is going to be seeing this much fanfare. Lois getting a book is something to keep an eye on. Chances appear to have increased.

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Astonishing Member

I really need that Lois solo book like yesterday!