Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Awwwww Laura too!

Superman Family #200

Lois "being Lois" in Injustice: Gods among us #1

This scene is funny but, knowing how this story continues, well--- is so sad
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 05-11-2014 at 01:43 PM.

I have a question, though I'm not sure if this is the place for it. But I'll try anyway. For those who were around when the Parasite/Lois story was going on, what was the fan reaction before the reveal that Lois wasn't really Lois? This was during my general comics hiatus, so I wasn't around following this storyline regularly. Was there general outrage amongst the fanbase or was it rather generally assumed all along that she wasn't herself?

I didnīt read this arc... Sorry, I donīt know.
    LOIS LANE GOT SUPER-POWERS! by PabloAlcaldeFdez

Source: Pablo Acalde fdez.deviantart
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 05-12-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have a question, though I'm not sure if this is the place for it. But I'll try anyway. For those who were around when the Parasite/Lois story was going on, what was the fan reaction before the reveal that Lois wasn't really Lois? This was during my general comics hiatus, so I wasn't around following this storyline regularly. Was there general outrage amongst the fanbase or was it rather generally assumed all along that she wasn't herself?
    I wasn't reading comics at the time, but I do vaguely remember reading reactions from Lois fans on Zoomway's (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and on Divine Intervention's (Smallville) comic book discussion threads afterward. If I'm not mistaken, people weren't fond of the arc and did suspect/hope Lois wasn't herself. Sadly, I've seen some people who either never read the comics or picked up wrong ideas from rumors or out of context scans say one of the reasons they ended up hating Lois was because of how she was portrayed during that arc. In other words, their hatred and criticism of Lois has been fueled by their ignorance of the whole story especially the explanation for Lois's out of character behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I wasn't reading comics at the time, but I do vaguely remember reading reactions from Lois fans on Zoomway's (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and on Divine Intervention's (Smallville) comic book discussion threads afterward. If I'm not mistaken, people weren't fond of the arc and did suspect/hope Lois wasn't herself. Sadly, I've seen some people who either never read the comics or picked up wrong ideas from rumors or out of context scans say one of the reasons they ended up hating Lois was because of how she was portrayed during that arc. In other words, their hatred and criticism of Lois has been fueled by their ignorance of the whole story especially the explanation for Lois's out of character behavior.
    What a surprise!!!!!! *insert sarcasm here*
    I read some reviews but I havenīt got that series, in this moment I just bought manga, but I am not surprised at that reaction for part of certain groups...

And this is gold. From Birds of Prey #102: The chat between Lois and Babs

Last edited by Mina_ro; 05-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Yep. It wasn't pretty. Actually there were people who read this arc, and they totally ignored the fact that it wasn't Lois so they had more things against the character. It doesn't matter if the real Lois wasn't there or it wasn't her who was acting that way, for them it was Lois and till this day, some can't get over that.
    Last edited by TomariS; 05-12-2014 at 12:10 PM.

How much I adore your Lois, Gail!!!!

Aww Mad Dog Lane in action. I miss her

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    How much I adore your Lois, Gail!!!!

Aww Mad Dog Lane in action. I miss her
    Thanks Mina_ro! I miss seeing her in action, too. =/

BANNED

color me surprised!!!

now they are going to do basically the same thing. color me surprised again!

oh good Lois is in Action, not reporting but serving as cheerleader, color me surprised again!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    color me surprised!!!

now they are going to do basically the same thing. color me surprised again!

oh good Lois is in Action, not reporting but serving as cheerleader, color me surprised again!
    I saw the Action #31īs Preview too. I donīt know what I can say...

Mr. Pak answered a question about that in his tumblr

http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/8555...iews-to-action

I think Mr Pak is a great writer but I donīt believe that I may LOVE what he does with Lois. I donīt want to imagine her role in SM/WW

I saw the Action #31īs Preview too. I donīt know what I can say...

Mr. Pak answered a question about that in his tumblr

http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/8555...iews-to-action

I think Mr Pak is a great writer but I donīt believe that I may LOVE what he does with Lois. I donīt want to imagine her role in SM/WW
    Yeah. I saw the preview too. I was hoping we could at least have some glimpses of Lois with a more proactive role in AC, but it looks like it's not going to happen. I think I'll just ignore the whole 'Doomed' event. Not interested.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Yeah. I saw the preview too. I was hoping we could at least have some glimpses of Lois with a more proactive role in AC, but it looks like it's not going to happen. I think I'll just ignore the whole 'Doomed' event. Not interested.
    I agree, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I thought Lois was to have an important part in this whole thing, so why is she the cheerleader in all of this? Where's her time to shine and gain character development? I love Lois so much, but they keep pulling this stunt of Lois living her will through someone else's experiences instead of having her own adventures and struggles to overcome. She's got more important things to do besides standing around to praise the gods among her, which i wonder why they'd write her out of character so badly as to make me cringe from this new development. I guess I get to save more money this time.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    I agree, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I thought Lois was to have an important part in this whole thing, so why is she the cheerleader in all of this? Where's her time to shine and gain character development? I love Lois so much, but they keep pulling this stunt of Lois living her will through someone else's experiences instead of having her own adventures and struggles to overcome. She's got more important things to do besides standing around to praise the gods among her, which i wonder why they'd write her out of character so badly as to make me cringe from this new development. I guess I get to save more money this time.
    AGREED! They said Lois was to have an important rol in this arc, but I donīt believe it, neither. Oh, God How can I forget? Lois will be the Brainac' Bride!!!! o.O I wonīt buy this. Iīm out

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    And that's my problem with all this. Each year comes and goes, but those promises from DC where they told us how they would show Lois' development do not happen. I'm still confused by this idea that some at DC seem to have: that Lois needs to give her approval to some other female dating Clark. Since when, and most importantly WHY? Clark nor Superman aren't in Lois' romance radar, Lois IS NOT Clark's ex, nothing, nada happened between them. She is in a relationship with other guy. You can't have it both ways DC, you can't give Lois a life of her own with a nonexistent friendship with Clark/Superman; and then twist it so you can put Lois and other females in the middle of it, giving them some jealousy issues, or making them act OOC so they can praise your new status quo. As characters Lois and Lana have more potential and better things to do with their lives, than that. Diana certainly doesn't need their approval, nor these amazing human women need it from her. They've accomplished great things all by themselves without super powers of their own or Clark in their lives, and they'll continue to do so because that's who they are and how awesome they are. I'm pretty sure they don't lose any sleep over Clark's sex life or his relationships with other women.

AGREED! They said Lois was to have an important rol in this arc, but I donīt believe it, neither. Oh, God How can I forget? Lois will be the Brainac' Bride!!!! o.O I wonīt buy this. Iīm out
    Ughhh...and then there's that storyline...=(

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    And that's my problem with all this. Each year comes and goes, but those promises from DC where they told us how they would show Lois' development do not happen. I'm still confused by this idea that some at DC seem to have: that Lois needs to give her approval to some other female dating Clark. Since when, and most importantly WHY? Clark nor Superman aren't in Lois' romance radar, Lois IS NOT Clark's ex, nothing, nada happened between them. She is in a relationship with other guy. You can't have it both ways DC, you can't give Lois a life of her own with a nonexistent friendship with Clark/Superman; and then twist it so you can put Lois and other females in the middle of it, giving them some jealousy issues, or making them act OOC so they can praise your new status quo. As characters Lois and Lana have more potential and better things to do with their lives, than that. Diana certainly doesn't need their approval, nor these amazing human women need it from her. They've accomplished great things all by themselves without super powers of their own or Clark in their lives, and they'll continue to do so because that's who they are and how awesome they are. I'm pretty sure they don't lose any sleep over Clark's sex life or his relationships with other women.

Ughhh...and then there's that storyline...=(
    Wow, just wow.... I must applaud you for hitting the nail on the head! You explained the double standard of how they twist Lois' character to become some sort of hand maiden, having some sort of need to console Clark and his relationships with other women. She's got nothing to do with him and he's gots nothing to do with her besides their relationship as "good friends", which lets be honest, has yet to be revealed in order for me to truly believe.

It's so nerve-wracking how no one sitting at DC's editorial round table caught how ridiculous and petty they're becoming by stunting Lois autonomy and restricting her mobility/concern to 2 metas who have nothing to do with her personally and vise-versa, especially since they aren't the only superheroes worthy or interviewing, investigating or being curious about. It's like they insist on have Lois be consumed with Clark when she has Johnathon who's madly in love with her and refuse to build on their relationship together. Hell, even if they broke up, are they going to make Lois pine away for Clark just for the sake of being new? That idea is plain bull.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*