Page 86 of 149 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2231

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Lois Lane: 7 depictions that defined the character

by Nivea Serrao

As long as there’s been Superman, there has been Lois Lane. The intrepid reporter actually made her comic debut in the same issue as the Man of Steel. Since then, she’s not only served as both Clark Kent’s professional rival and Superman’s love interest, but became a hero in her own right—even earning her own successful comic-book series. But while she’s always had a presence in Superman comics, films, and TV shows, Lois Lane has never truly been in the spotlight … until now.

Fallout, Gwenda Bond’s latest YA novel, follows a teenage Lois Lane as she begins school in Metropolis, after moving around the country for most of her life. By far the youngest version of the character, Bond’s take on the character already shows traces of the qualities that have made Lois Lane such a role model. She stands up for what she believes in while still pursuing the truth.
    In Fallout, this means jumping to a friend’s rescue at the risk of incurring the wrath of a group of cyberbullies. But at the end of the day, she still has all the insecurities and worries a teenage girl would have—not unlike her sleuthing contemporaries, Veronica Mars and Nancy Drew.

To celebrate Lois Lane’s latest adapted form, let’s take a walk down memory lane as we revisit (and celebrate) her many incarnations in film and television.

1. Phyllis Coates, Adventures of Superman (Season 1)
    Though Coates’ tenure as the character only lasted a season, the actress perfectly captured the spirit of who Lois Lane was in the comic books—from her tough-as-nails attitude to her steely determination not to be out-scooped by newcomer Clark Kent to her talent as a reporter. After Agent Carter‘s almost too-accurate depiction of the sexism women faced at roughly the same time, it’s remarkable to see Lois being treated as an equal by her boss and colleagues—and to see her skills acknowledged in a show from that era. While Coates never played the role of Lois again, she did play the part of her mother, Ellen Lane, on Lois & Clark.

2. Noel Neill, Adventures of Superman (Season 2–6)
    After Coates left the show, Noel Neill was brought in to play Lois Lane … only this wouldn’t be the first time she’d do so. Neill holds the honor of being the first actress to bring Lois to life, having played her in two movie serials (Superman and Atom Man vs. Superman). This means that her depiction of Lois Lane would set the tone for how the character would be portrayed in the future. But while Coates focused on Lois’ journalistic ambitions, Neill brought out her lighter side while playing up her romantic feelings for Superman. Neill would never return to the role again, but she did go on to play Lois Lane’s mother in the 1978 Superman film, making it a tradition among actresses who’ve held the role.

3. Margot Kidder, Superman I–IV
    Kidder’s driven and sharp-witted turn as Lois Lane perfectly positioned her as the straight man to Christopher Reeve’s straight-laced Superman … and his bumbling Clark Kent. She was able to play off the shocking situations Lois found herself in and turn them into comedy. This helped establish her dynamic with Reeve—but even more important, Kidder’s reactions as Lois also allowed her to act as a stand-in for the audience, asking Superman all the questions we might in a similar situation. And while she’s never had a chance to play Lois’ mother, she did play Dr. Brigette Crosby on Smallville, opposite former costar Annette O’Toole, who’d played Superman’s rival love interest, Lana Lang, in Superman III.

4. Terri Hatcher, Lois & Clark
    As the title of the series makes quite evident, the focus of the show was the relationship between Lois Lane and Clark Kent, with less of an emphasis on his superpowered alter ego. This meant that Terri Hatcher had a chance to let Lois Lane grow as a character, and viewers got to watch as her version of Lois slowly fall for both Superman and Clark Kent. What was particularly great about Hatcher’s take on Lois was that she allowed us to see Lois’ softer, more vulnerable side (insecurities and all), while still capturing the character’s edge and spunk. This version of Lois was unique in that she had her own rogues’ gallery of sorts. And in keeping with those before her, Hatcher would eventually step into the role of Lois’ mother on Smallville.

5. Erica Durance, Smallville
    Smallville didn’t just chronicle a young Clark Kent’s growth into Superman. It also followed Lois Lane as she grew into the woman we knew she’d become. Durance’s version of Lois emphasized her army-brat backstory, as well as giving her an early connection to Clark, by having her be Chloe’s cousin. Much like with Hatcher, this gave Durance’s Lois a chance to build a relationship with Clark, adding real stakes to her discovery of his secret identity. It also allowed him to grow as a character, as Lois’ constant teasing brought out Clark’s more human qualities, making him more relatable. Over her six seasons on the show, Durance’s Lois had a life outside of her friendship with Clark, allowing her to (realistically) pursue other romantic interests, before eventually falling for him.

6. Amy Adams, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman
    A core facet of the Superman–Lois Lane relationship has always been that his superhero identity is kept secret from her. However, Adams’ version of Lois not only uncovered who Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-El is early on, but she was responsible for inspiring his eventual job at the Daily Planet. This worked on many levels: It highlighted her skill as a reporter (she tracked him down to Smallville) and allowed her to form a bond with him right away—especially after she decided to keep his identity a secret. This allowed them to move forward as partners, which freed Adams to play Lois as the sharp (and observant) journalist we know her to be. In turn, this gave us a modern take on the character.

7. Dana Delany, Superman: The Animated Series
    Of all the actresses on this list, Delany has inhabited the role of Lois Lane the longest, having voiced the character in various animated episodes and movies over the course of 17 years. Much like her voice-acting colleagues Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill (Batman and the Joker on Batman: The Animated Series), Delany has come to define what Lois Lane should sound like to generations of young fans. And with good reason: Delany nails Lois’ intelligence and wit, while still keeping her teasing and playful. And even though the animated series’ version of Lois never figured out Superman’s secret identity, she was privy to Batman’s—even dating Bruce Wayne for a few episodes. This helped establish Lois’ independence, while still giving us a glimpse into what this Lois Lane would be like in a relationship with a superhero. Interestingly enough, while Lois and Superman never had an explicitly romantic relationship, Delany was more than able to maintain the chemistry between the two.

Honorable Mention
    Kate Bosworth, Superman Returns
    While Bosworth’s turn as Lois Lane was short and less than memorable, she is worth noting since both she and Brandon Routh helped herald Superman into this most recent spate of superhero movies.

What about you? Do you have any fond memories of Lois? Which of these actresses defined this character for you the most?

Source: EW Community.

I like how there's no bashing in it, even on Bosworth's part. Great article!
    GREAT ARTICLE!!!!! Awww... my Goddesses!

And the gifset was amazing too

The many faces of Lois Lane.

Part 2

source: niveaserrao

by Nivea Serrao

As long as there’s been Superman, there has been Lois Lane. The intrepid reporter actually made her comic debut in the same issue as the Man of Steel. Since then, she’s not only served as both Clark Kent’s professional rival and Superman’s love interest, but became a hero in her own right—even earning her own successful comic-book series. But while she’s always had a presence in Superman comics, films, and TV shows, Lois Lane has never truly been in the spotlight … until now.

Fallout, Gwenda Bond’s latest YA novel, follows a teenage Lois Lane as she begins school in Metropolis, after moving around the country for most of her life. By far the youngest version of the character, Bond’s take on the character already shows traces of the qualities that have made Lois Lane such a role model. She stands up for what she believes in while still pursuing the truth.
    In Fallout, this means jumping to a friend’s rescue at the risk of incurring the wrath of a group of cyberbullies. But at the end of the day, she still has all the insecurities and worries a teenage girl would have—not unlike her sleuthing contemporaries, Veronica Mars and Nancy Drew.

To celebrate Lois Lane’s latest adapted form, let’s take a walk down memory lane as we revisit (and celebrate) her many incarnations in film and television.

Though Coates’ tenure as the character only lasted a season, the actress perfectly captured the spirit of who Lois Lane was in the comic books—from her tough-as-nails attitude to her steely determination not to be out-scooped by newcomer Clark Kent to her talent as a reporter. After Agent Carter‘s almost too-accurate depiction of the sexism women faced at roughly the same time, it’s remarkable to see Lois being treated as an equal by her boss and colleagues—and to see her skills acknowledged in a show from that era. While Coates never played the role of Lois again, she did play the part of her mother, Ellen Lane, on Lois & Clark.

After Coates left the show, Noel Neill was brought in to play Lois Lane … only this wouldn’t be the first time she’d do so. Neill holds the honor of being the first actress to bring Lois to life, having played her in two movie serials (Superman and Atom Man vs. Superman). This means that her depiction of Lois Lane would set the tone for how the character would be portrayed in the future. But while Coates focused on Lois’ journalistic ambitions, Neill brought out her lighter side while playing up her romantic feelings for Superman. Neill would never return to the role again, but she did go on to play Lois Lane’s mother in the 1978 Superman film, making it a tradition among actresses who’ve held the role.

Kidder’s driven and sharp-witted turn as Lois Lane perfectly positioned her as the straight man to Christopher Reeve’s straight-laced Superman … and his bumbling Clark Kent. She was able to play off the shocking situations Lois found herself in and turn them into comedy. This helped establish her dynamic with Reeve—but even more important, Kidder’s reactions as Lois also allowed her to act as a stand-in for the audience, asking Superman all the questions we might in a similar situation. And while she’s never had a chance to play Lois’ mother, she did play Dr. Brigette Crosby on Smallville, opposite former costar Annette O’Toole, who’d played Superman’s rival love interest, Lana Lang, in Superman III.

As the title of the series makes quite evident, the focus of the show was the relationship between Lois Lane and Clark Kent, with less of an emphasis on his superpowered alter ego. This meant that Terri Hatcher had a chance to let Lois Lane grow as a character, and viewers got to watch as her version of Lois slowly fall for both Superman and Clark Kent. What was particularly great about Hatcher’s take on Lois was that she allowed us to see Lois’ softer, more vulnerable side (insecurities and all), while still capturing the character’s edge and spunk. This version of Lois was unique in that she had her own rogues’ gallery of sorts. And in keeping with those before her, Hatcher would eventually step into the role of Lois’ mother on Smallville.

Smallville didn’t just chronicle a young Clark Kent’s growth into Superman. It also followed Lois Lane as she grew into the woman we knew she’d become. Durance’s version of Lois emphasized her army-brat backstory, as well as giving her an early connection to Clark, by having her be Chloe’s cousin. Much like with Hatcher, this gave Durance’s Lois a chance to build a relationship with Clark, adding real stakes to her discovery of his secret identity. It also allowed him to grow as a character, as Lois’ constant teasing brought out Clark’s more human qualities, making him more relatable. Over her six seasons on the show, Durance’s Lois had a life outside of her friendship with Clark, allowing her to (realistically) pursue other romantic interests, before eventually falling for him.

A core facet of the Superman–Lois Lane relationship has always been that his superhero identity is kept secret from her. However, Adams’ version of Lois not only uncovered who Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-El is early on, but she was responsible for inspiring his eventual job at the Daily Planet. This worked on many levels: It highlighted her skill as a reporter (she tracked him down to Smallville) and allowed her to form a bond with him right away—especially after she decided to keep his identity a secret. This allowed them to move forward as partners, which freed Adams to play Lois as the sharp (and observant) journalist we know her to be. In turn, this gave us a modern take on the character.

Of all the actresses on this list, Delany has inhabited the role of Lois Lane the longest, having voiced the character in various animated episodes and movies over the course of 17 years. Much like her voice-acting colleagues Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill (Batman and the Joker on Batman: The Animated Series), Delany has come to define what Lois Lane should sound like to generations of young fans. And with good reason: Delany nails Lois’ intelligence and wit, while still keeping her teasing and playful. And even though the animated series’ version of Lois never figured out Superman’s secret identity, she was privy to Batman’s—even dating Bruce Wayne for a few episodes. This helped establish Lois’ independence, while still giving us a glimpse into what this Lois Lane would be like in a relationship with a superhero. Interestingly enough, while Lois and Superman never had an explicitly romantic relationship, Delany was more than able to maintain the chemistry between the two.

Honorable Mention
    While Bosworth’s turn as Lois Lane was short and less than memorable, she is worth noting since both she and Brandon Routh helped herald Superman into this most recent spate of superhero movies.

What about you? Do you have any fond memories of Lois? Which of these actresses defined this character for you the most?

Thanks for the article, Jon.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Amy is a stunning woman ♥_♥

Source:
    amyylouadams

Her hair in this picture,simply beautiful! Love the color, by the way.

Source

She is indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    Part 2

source: niveaserrao
    The gifset is really great, such great lines, too. The first one is my favorite of these bunch, hahaha.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Is it just me or is it really hot in here?

By thatmansplayinggalaga.

Erica is the best. THE BEST.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

She is indeed!

The gifset is really great, such great lines, too. The first one is my favorite of these bunch, hahaha.
    hahahaha That was very "Loisy", Lois XD

Is it just me or is it really hot in here?

By thatmansplayinggalaga.

Erica is the best. THE BEST.
    I'm speechless. She's a beauty ♥_♥

Gwenda wrote this wonderful article
    Gwenda Bond: Five Things I Learned Writing Lois Lane: Fallout

Lois Lane is starting a new life in Metropolis. An Army brat, Lois has lived all over—and seen all kinds of things. (Some of them defy explanation, like the near-disaster she witnessed in Kansas in the middle of one night.) But now her family is putting down roots in the big city, and Lois is determined to fit in. Stay quiet. Fly straight.
    As soon as she steps into her new high school, though, she can see it won’t be that easy. A group known as the Warheads is making life miserable for another girl at school. They’re messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool. Armed with her wit and her new snazzy job as a reporter, Lois has her sights set on solving this mystery. But sometimes it’s all a bit much. Thank goodness for her maybe-more-than-a friend, a guy she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy…

How to channel my inner Lois Lane.

The first question everyone asks me about this book is how it came into being. Was it my idea or theirs? How did I score such a sweet gig? (I always want to say: Believe me, I don’t know what they were thinking either! I’m just grateful.) The answer is that I was approached via my agent about whether I was interested in writing Lois Lane as a teenage reporter. I asked if I’d have freedom to flesh out the concept, and the answer was yes. So my answer was YES PLEASE.
    With a side helping of terror and secret worries that I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. Because, truth is, I adore Lois Lane (and Superman) and always have. This was a dream project, dropping from the sky into my lap at the exact perfect moment when I could say yes and get started right away. But . . . what if I screwed it up? Well, you can’t be so afraid to screw up that you aren’t willing to try.
    I had to channel my inner Lois and be determined to do my best, while developing the superpower of shutting out the worries about being the person who screwed up a showcase for one of the greatest characters ever created, one known around the entire world. I think, though, that this lesson is applicable beyond this specific book—at least, I plan to treat it that way. If we’re not challenging ourselves to do something a little or a lot terrifying as writers, where failure is possible and has consequences, then we probably should be making bolder choices. That mix of terror and determination is where good writing lives.

Exploit the strengths of your chosen form and genre.

Lois is obviously one of the best known characters in pop culture, period, the end—and for good reason. Since her first appearance in Action Comics #1 in 1938 (also Superman’s first appearance), she has been an inspiration for so many of us. She’s a working woman, a truth-seeking journalist willing to do anything to get the story. And her boyfriend has traditionally been pretty interesting too. Lois Lane is probably one of the few characters in the world that we could all list off traits for and hit most of the same ones: stubborn, loyal, tough, witty, driven. She’s a hero. A superhero, even though her lone superpowers are her personality, her pen, and commitment to justice.
    She’s had many, many incarnations. Some wonderful, some . . . er . . . less so. But one of the things that makes a character an icon is the ability to survive good and bad portrayals.
    What I wanted was to truly use the thing that novels provide that other forms of storytelling can’t in quite the same way: a close-up of the character’s interior life. Getting the balance of Lois’s tough exterior and more vulnerable interior right was challenging, and my editor helped me with that lots, but it was key in hopefully making my teenage Lois feel not just like the versions who’ve come before (though I did want to reflect them), but like my Lois too. This is Lois becoming who she is and finding her place in the world, something young adult fiction is uniquely poised to portray.

My process is still changing.

Never in a million years would I have thought myself capable of writing as detailed an outline as I did up front for this book, and—largely—sticking to it. But it’s what was required to make sure everyone understood my concept of the book and its world and characters, as well as how the story would unfold, and so I did. And it came remarkably fast.
    The lesson I learned here is that sometimes by deciding we know exactly what we’re capable of as writers and defining too strictly what our processes are we may box ourselves into the same old thing when a new approach is required. I’m much more open to considering different methods of preliminary work on a story now, or even if I hit a wall during the writing. Outlining in depth doesn’t require that I stick to it devotedly if a better idea comes up in the writing itself—but it did make me stop and question. Am I making a change that’s actually better or just different?

If I don’t enjoy living in the world of the story or the point-of-view character’s head, what are the odds the reader will?

This isn’t a likeability thing at all, but it is an experience of the story thing. I know for some writers, having their work described as fun makes them want to run screaming from the room. But I actually want my books to show the reader a good time, particularly this one. To me, fun isn’t antithetical to deeper layers of meaning or characterization. The two can go hand in hand.

Lois fans are the best.

This speaks for itself, but the dedication and smarts and support of the Lois Lane fans out there since the book was announced up through today (and I’m guessing tomorrow and the day after that!) is something—like this project—I could never have known to dream for. And something, like this project, for which I’m tremendously grateful.
    And I hope if you aren’t a Lois Lane fan already, Fallout will make you one. Join us.

Bio: Gwenda Bond is the author of the young adult novels Lois Lane: Fallout and Girl on a Wire, among others. She has also written for Publishers Weekly, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Post, among other publications. She has an MFA in Writing from the Vermont College of Fine Arts, and lives in a hundred-year-old house in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband, author Christopher Rowe, and their menagerie.
    Gwenda Bond: Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    Lois Lane: Fallout: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Indiebound | Powells

Source: terribleminds

This book is SO GOOD!!!! Great, great job, Gwenda. You gets her ;D

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

by Nivea Serrao

Honorable Mention

Nice job! I would like to add one more name to the list, if I may: Joan Alexander. She was the first woman to give "voice" to Lois on the radio (and also my first Lois on Saturday mornings during the late '60s).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nice job! I would like to add one more name to the list, if I may: Joan Alexander. She was the first woman to give "voice" to Lois on the radio (and also my first Lois on Saturday mornings during the late '60s).
    Yeah, I'd mention her and Joanne Siegel (obviously), too.

Gwenda wrote this wonderful article

Source: terribleminds

This book is SO GOOD!!!! Great, great job, Gwenda. You gets her ;D
    She's amazing. I'm a fan.

Just wanna do this:

She’s had many, many incarnations. Some wonderful, some . . . er . . . less so. But one of the things that makes a character an icon is the ability to survive good and bad portrayals.
    RE: Kate Bosworth.

Outlining in depth doesn’t require that I stick to it devotedly if a better idea comes up in the writing itself—but it did make me stop and question. Am I making a change that’s actually better or just different?
    RE: New 52.

Another great interview from her:

What is your favorite scene?

One of my favorite scenes is when Lois and SmallvilleGuy enter the Worlds War Three game for the first time. It’s actually the newsprint on the front cover, and it was really fun to write.

My favorite moment would have to be close to the end of the book when Lois is on an upper floor of the Daily Planet looking out over the city and realizing this is her place in the world, and I think that’s my favorite actual moment.

What is your favorite quality in Lois Lane?

Bond: She’s an amazing character and I think she has so many great qualities. She’s a rare character where pretty much anybody you talked to can describe Lois’ general character pretty accurately, and I think that does make her so special. One of the things that makes her so memorable is that she isn’t perfect, she’s flawed, but absolutely believes in her own abilities. She’s never willing to fit in. I think that’s the thing I love most about her is that she’s confident, she will make things right and unapologetic. It’s really refreshing to see a character like that when a lot of women and girl characters are expected to be apologetic. It’s refreshing she’s not ever been a character who has been too down on herself.

How were you approached to write a Lois Lane book, was it your idea or something Switch Press and DC thought would be an interesting avenue to explore?

Bond: The project itself was brought to me by my agent, I was asked if I would be interested in writing a young adult version of Lois Lane. I asked ‘how much freedom do I have with the concept?’ and they said there would be quite a bit of freedom. That was definitely true. I was given the basic premise but I wasn’t given restrictions on where it could be set. She just had to be young and becoming a reporter while solving mysteries.

I thought a lot about what I love about Superman stories, and it is the science fiction spirit. I worked with an editor at DC who knows the ins-and-outs who would go over with me early in the project what the general world of Superman is like. Between the DC editor and my editor at Capstone we were really on the same page.

Will we be seeing Lois Lane in more YA literature?

Bond: I can’t say too much but it definitely has the potential to develop into a series. There’s definitely a lot more stories of Lois I would love to tell.

A lot of talk around the book surrounds Lois Lane being a good role model for teen girls, but is there any reason she can’t be a good role model for teen boys?

Bond: I was talking to my husband about this a few nights ago wondering whether boys would embrace this or not. He told me for him, reading comics as a young boy that the two were inextricable – he couldn’t be a fan of Superman if he wasn’t also a fan of Lois Lane. I’ve heard from a lot of adult men how important her character is, and I also have a lot of male readers from my other books who have told me they were excited for this as well. I do hope boys will pick this up, the cover is very inviting for boys and girls. Boys need to see these strong role models and see women and also working women who are smart, vulnerable, equal and capable.

Writing can lead to self-discovery, was there anything you discovered about yourself in writing Lois Lane?

Bond: It’s funny because I think there is more of me in this then there is in anything else I’ve written. In terms of borrowing little things from my past, I had a tendency to get in trouble when I was younger, not quite as much as Lois, but my parents were both principals so I say that’s where my trouble with authority stems from. I was very into elaborate pranks. There’s a reference early in the book with Lois getting into trouble for teaching girls at a sleepover how to play poker – that’s actually me. It was fun to borrow from my life and it made me realize that I don’t think I ever took time to reflect how big a part of my own feminist DNA – how I look at the world and how much of it came from loving Lois as a kid, and other characters too.

I got approached to write this book and Lois is a joy to write because she wants something from every scene, she battles with herself and has a tough exterior, but she’s also on her journey to becoming a confident person. And I certainly was that same way, blustery on the outside but vulnerable on the inside. And most people can relate to that kind of person.

What other superhero characters would you like to bring to the YA fiction?

Bond: I kind of have my hands filled with Lois – who is a handful who is perfect for this for so many reasons. I am excited for Margaret Stohl who is writing a Black Widow YA book, I think it’s going to be amazing. I am writing a teen magician book that is a companion to my Girl on a Wire book that has a bit of Zatanna Zatara inspiration. Also, I really loved the TV show for Young Justice and would love to see a YA version for boys and girls which has them being teenagers and going through all that teen angst and crises.

If you could spend a day with Lois, what would you say to her and why?

Bond: I think I would just thank her for being such an inspiration to so many women. One of the coolest things about doing this kind of project is to hear others stories, and to hear grown women and girls talk about what the character means to them, and I think Lois would totally shrug that off and say ‘let’s go get a drink.’

If you were tasked with writing Lois in DC comics – how would she compare to your Lois in Fallout?

Bond: It would depend on the age of the character and what the circumstances would be. I think she’s a fascinating character at any age and I would definitely love to write the young Lois in the comics. I love the Marguerite Bennet one-shot, the story looked at her relationship to her mom and dad. One of my favorite issues is where she interviews Wonder Woman and it would be amazing to write that. You could put Lois in any kind of story and she’s a character can stand next to any character and hold her own. She’s never overshadowed, even with Superman.

What were some of the course materials you concentrated on to flesh out Lois?

Bond: I revisited the Superman’s Girlfriend issues and rewatched original Superman with Christopher Reeve. There was also a Bryan Singer documentary about Lois and in it there are interviews with the different people who have played her. There is a test reel with Margot Kidder that is fascinating and it also has other actresses that were reading for the part – it was really fun to watch. I did a lot of setting research, I had a fake Metropolis resource guide, to get a feel for the different neighborhoods. But as far as researching Lois, pretty early on I knew I needed to not clutter with other versions of character. I did a few weeks research to just refresh, but Lois came fast and revealed her secrets to me.

Sometimes I feel Lois Lane doesn’t get enough credit, she’s been around for 75 years now and is sometimes reduced to being just ‘Superman’s girlfriend’ when she is so much more. What are your feelings on this and how did you address this antiquity in Fallout?

Bond: Even in the comic called Superman’s Girlfriend – main thing is she is a fascinating and interesting character because she’s Lois Lane – and she just so happens to be Superman’s girlfriend. That’s why it’s so much fun to do this and showcase her and take on more than just a sidekick role. I bet that Clark, especially my young Clark, would see himself that way in any regards. They are both about getting the work done and doing what’s right. They both have a lot in common; she’s just as interesting as him. My hope is that girls and boys who haven’t read a lot of Superman comics this would be a way into them and a way to see the character in a new light.

Why do you think Lois has remained such a prominent character in comics?

Bond: There is no other character like Lois Lane. She’s been around just as long, well known, and has what I consider superhero status without enhanced abilities, and without gizmos and gadgets. She’s human all along except for a few stories, but having powers is never the point of the character. She is relatable. She is a driven, fascinating character. Even in Superman’s Girlfriend she had stories that she would be the center of, and there is plenty of untapped potential still.

Lois was ahead of her time in the beginning and I think in some way she still is.
    Source: Geek Chic Elite.

By Ruth Lima:

Batman/Superman #16 B&W page:

Source: eBay.

That was some good flirting. So was the art. And Lois in the Batgirl costume, of course.

BANNED

by Nivea Serrao

Honorable Mention

when I was a kid I watched terri on lois & clark, reeve movies, on my teen years I had erica durance to look forward (love her young Lois) and Now on my 20s the amazing Amy Adams

And the gifset was amazing too

The many faces of Lois Lane.

Oh, more gifsets! Awesome! Thanks Mina_ro.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Thanks for the interview, Jon!!! Gwenda is amazing, a really sweet woman.

Thanks for the panel too!!! I adore the B/W version ^_^

I really love this song for Lois.

Lois Lane: Short Skirt, Long Jacket

Look at this fan video

And this?? amazing...

Source: mistressgrey