Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

I don't know why did they even bother with the Marvel Now campaign if they were considering this option.

Anyway, I would actually love it. Marvel without all that messed-up continuity would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I don't know why did they even bother with the Marvel Now campaign if they were considering this option.

Anyway, I would actually love it. Marvel without all that messed-up continuity would be a dream come true.
    Amen, brother. I grew up on the Claremont/Cockrum X-Men. I stuck with the book well into the 80s and 90s. I was there when New Mutants and X-Factor first hit comix shops. And for the life of me, I can't follow who's died, come back or what their status is in the X-books anymore. It's a royal mess.

And do *not* get me started on Spider-Man. UGH.

Again...I don't think it's going to happen. Hell, Marvel probably helps start the reboot rumors just to get people talking about their books. I really doubt they'll ever do it.

But yeah, I would love to see Marvel attempt their own version of the New 52 done right. They might even be able to pull it off.

Astonishing Member

I can't see the current management rebooting Marvel. Maybe when one day someone else is running the company that it becomes likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Now see, I can't tell if you're trying to be funny with that sort of thing, or if you're actually being serious. I think the latter, but Daredevil, Thor, Avengers/New Avengers, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Loki, She-Hulk and Silver Surfer, among others, would seem to be more than enough to instantly dismiss such an argument.
    She-Hulk and Moon Knight are the only really good titles there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    GOOD LORD...fans are taking this way, way too seriously.

Especially those who say (multiple posters multiple times), "It's been brought up and dismissed."

Dan Didio had been trying for years to get a linewide reboot and he never gave up until he got his way. The idea that no one at Marvel hasn't looked at it and said they could do the New 52 better is absurd. I'm not arguing whether they should or shouldn't do it; I'm merely stating my personal preference and acknowledging that undoubtedly the topic has come up in conversations at Marvel.

I hate to break it to people, but it is absolutely still true: never say never. Because if Marvel thinks they have a way to do it that it is utterly brilliant and can't miss? There's nothing to stop them from going ahead with it.

I don't claim to know how likely it is or it isn't. But the idea that it is impossible and never, ever will happen under any circumstances is ludicrous.

I never wanted the New 52 reboot, but I've learned to live it. And if Marvel does decide to do it? Fans will learn to live with that, too.

I doubt it's going to happen. But speaking only for myself, I certainly hope it does.
    I didn't claim either that Marvel hasn't considered yet or even though about how they would do such a thing. If anything, by seeing what happened with DC they could have a leg up on how to do it if it was decided to do that.

Maybe it'll happen in the future. Maybe it won't. My point is that currently signs are showing they won't and this current batch of rumors about a Marvel hard reboot are just due to the promotion piece for Avengers in September.

Skeptical. But man would I love it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    She-Hulk and Moon Knight are the only really good titles there.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    GOOD LORD...fans are taking this way, way too seriously.

Especially those who say (multiple posters multiple times), "It's been brought up and dismissed."

Dan Didio had been trying for years to get a linewide reboot and he never gave up until he got his way. The idea that no one at Marvel hasn't looked at it and said they could do the New 52 better is absurd. I'm not arguing whether they should or shouldn't do it; I'm merely stating my personal preference and acknowledging that undoubtedly the topic has come up in conversations at Marvel.

I hate to break it to people, but it is absolutely still true: never say never. Because if Marvel thinks they have a way to do it that it is utterly brilliant and can't miss? There's nothing to stop them from going ahead with it.

I don't claim to know how likely it is or it isn't. But the idea that it is impossible and never, ever will happen under any circumstances is ludicrous.

I never wanted the New 52 reboot, but I've learned to live it. And if Marvel does decide to do it? Fans will learn to live with that, too.

I doubt it's going to happen. But speaking only for myself, I certainly hope it does.

I've never said never, I just don't think they'll do it. I can't say that they'll never do it or discussed it as I don't work for Marvel and personally speaking I'm not taking it too seriously. If it happens I'll give it a chance and see what it's like, if it doesn't happen I'll just carry on as usual.

And the only reason I'd say that ''It's been brought up and dismissed'' was when I was talking about it being discussed by Marvel fans, not Marvel themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Skeptical. But man would I love it.
    Marvel needs to fix the quality of their paper before I will even consider reading anything they come up with for the reboot.

Astonishing Member

Marvel have more to gain from a reboot than DC did, if only because a more "movie continuity friendly" universe would pick up a lot of casuals at trade-level.

Spectacular Member

Given Marvel's tendency to restart titles with #1, this does make some sense, but I don't think they'll be doing it just yet, especially since Now has barely begun.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Marvel needs to fix the quality of their paper before I will even consider reading anything they come up with for the reboot.
    That's your breaking point?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Marvel have more to gain from a reboot than DC did, if only because a more "movie continuity friendly" universe would pick up a lot of casuals at trade-level.
    Marvel resembles its cinematic universe a hell of a lot more closely than DC does.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

I like the fact that they,for the most part, have the "sliding time" idea in place. For those who might not know,that means they just bump up some of the origins to try and make them more linear. Exp:Tony Stark built his first Iron Man suit in Afghanistan several years ago instead of Vietnam in the 60's.

But am curious as to how it would work if Marvel did decide to do it? Would it be more of "movie continuity" or something completely different? Would Namor still be their first super-hero/anti-hero? Would it be Captain America? Spider-man? Or...*gasp!*- Wolverine!? lol
    Last edited by Brian Adkins; 05-19-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Of there is anyone who needs a reboot is Marvel.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah right is this happening. Marvel are doing brilliantly sales wise and critically - there's no way in hell they would risk all that with so pointless a move.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.