Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member

there's a pretty good exel-template available here: http://exceltemplates.net/inventory/...ook-inventory/

Amazing Member

The old fashioned way. I have a spiral notebook,and give each book a page or halfpage,and ink down the numbers I don't have. When I get them, I take a red/orange /pink marker and color over the number. I have no exact idea how many books I got,Perhaps 10,000,more or less, from 48 years of collecting. all I know is that I have very little shelf space left.

Incredible Member

I have everything on a Microsoft word document of which I update each time I either get in new books or sell off books I don't need and I also have a hardcopy list that I bring with me to cons.

Fantastic Member

I keep mine on Stash My Comics page and also a old fashion red binder with every thing listed by publisher ( alphabetical & grade of books ) included my pull list and comics wanted and also re gets ones I would like to upgrade .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I've recently decided to get renter's insurance again after a long lull, and before I too used a spreadsheet. But at this time, I don't even have the CPU that I had built my collection up until then on, so many years ago. I don't relish the thought of entering all the comics I have manually onto a spreadsheet again for the insurance. I have read through the thread and seen both clz.com and comicbase.com suggested by posters. Both of these ideally have what I want, which is mainly mobile access (as about 60-70% of my collection is in a huge lateral file cabinet halfway across the house from our desktop PC) and easy of entering new comics. As in I can selection from their database and add to my collection, with just pretty much editing in the condition for calculation of it's worth. I see that clz.com costs to download the application, which I am fine with, but they say nothing that I can see, about an annual cost for updates (which is something the OP suggesting this mentioned).

I had a comicbookdb account at one time, but when I went to log on, it said that their database had been hacked and they had to reset everyone's user name and passwords. Has anyone been through this reset and still had the information they entered? In my case I don't think I could recover mine, as the email associated with my account no longer exists. I was mainly wondering if any users that had been through that still felt their information safe, even though it is still a free site. Also they too have a mobile site. Do the desktop and mobie sites work together, where it doesn't matter which you use to enter information, you still access that same information from either site?
    I had the same issue with comicbookdb. A simple email to the administration got everything resolved.
    Having a collection of 17,000 I have found that site to be amazing! It's not perfect, but it's darn near close and when you add in free...really can't get any better.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.j. View Post
    The old fashioned way. I have a spiral notebook,and give each book a page or halfpage,and ink down the numbers I don't have. When I get them, I take a red/orange /pink marker and color over the number. I have no exact idea how many books I got,Perhaps 10,000,more or less, from 48 years of collecting. all I know is that I have very little shelf space left.
    pretty much my system as well, although my collection is more trade based, at least for the modern stuff, eventually I just got to the point where keeping track of what I have is enough. Have one spiral for floppys, another spiral for Trades, with #s putting a line though the ones I have etc. But in both spirals, in the front I have several illustrated "Timeline pages" complete with notes to give me a vague Idea of what part of my collection needs attention.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

All-New Member

I use collectorz software. Works pretty well. I put everything in when I get it. Have both the desktop version as well as the phone version. Beauty is everything is stored on the cloud, so I can update from any device then download to any device. Everything gets a Tag, for sorting purposes. "Comic, "Trade", etc. Seems to work for me. Allows me to bring my entire list with me wherever I go. Additionally I have a text document of "high wants" that I print and bring with me to cons and what not. That file gets stored in my dropbox.

Fantastic Member

Got a birthday Google gift card and downloaded CZL Comic database. It reaaaaaally needs a "select all" function.

I recently started re-organizing my books. I labeled all the boxes with a generic name and then added each to spreadsheets to track what is in that box. Broke up the spreadsheets to be a bit more specific so I have Marvel, DC, Independents, Writers, and 2000 AD and then under each of those have different sheets for each box. I am now going through trades to add them all to spreadsheets also, but also have a spreadsheet to track books that need to be custom bound.

Spectacular Member

Currently using an app called BookBuddy. Would rather something with a few more options but it's nice and simple. Lets me take pics of covers, scans bar codes and links to amazon searches to fill in the data.

I should really look into those paid apps, and would love to add other books and even other collections but the demos I've seen tend to be so focused or limited to a few books so you can't assess them properly....

Edit: I decided to upgrade to pro, so I guess I paid for that app after using the demo.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 02-03-2018 at 02:26 AM.

So far using http://www.comicbookdb.com however I'll check out stashmycomics but cbdb is pretty good, simple, easy and extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Got a birthday Google gift card and downloaded CZL Comic database. It reaaaaaally needs a "select all" function.
    I'm pretty sure that if you press longer on a title it selects all