Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Transformers: MTMTE #42
    Transformers #42
    TF: Windblade #4
    Ghostbusters: Get Real #1 (Yaaaaaay! GB is back!)
    Winterworld: Frozen Fleet #2

Damn, no Ragnarok #6 this month.

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    I think GI Joe is dead...again...or at least in a Coma. This version is bad, story is extremely boring and slow.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt that way. I jumped ship over to ARAH recently.

Otherwise, I'll be picking up Star Trek too.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Anyone know if D&D : Legends of Baldur's Gate is done or on break? Was never sure if it was a mini-series or ongoing.

- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency #2
    - Donald Duck #2
    - Jem and the Holograms #4
    - Uncle Scrooge #3

Trade waiting Transformers : More Than Meets The Eye.

Thanks! Been getting the trades, hope they brink Dredd back.

BANNED

MLP: Friendship is magic#31
    Jem And The Holograms#4

(Maybe)=Uncle Scrooge#3 Or Mickey Mouse#1(my pull list can be quite unruly so I can't be getting all the disney books)

Spectacular Member

What's the deal between Disney and IDW? I was just curious if anyone knew why IDW publishes these Disney comics rather than Marvel. Is it a contract that was in place before Marvel was purchased, somewhat in the same vein as Dark Horse's publishing of Star Wars comics until recently? Does it tie into Marvel and IDW's apparent partnership in producing Artist Editions?
    Last edited by davewire; 03-21-2015 at 05:44 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    What's the deal between Disney and IDW? I was just curious if anyone knew why IDW publishes these Disney comics rather than Marvel. Is it a contract that was in place before Marvel was purchased, somewhat in the same vein as Dark Horse's publishing of Star Wars comics until recently? Does it tie into Marvel and IDW's apparent partnership in producing Artist Editions?
    Corporations like Disney are made up of smaller, autonomous companies. Sometimes there is synergy between these different parts (like Marvel TV shows on ABC) sometimes things get licensed out to other vendors.

Basically, don't think too hard on it. (:
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Spectacular Member

I know that Disney is made up of smaller, autonomous companies, one of those being Marvel Comics. So my question still stands, with Marvel printing comics for one of Disney's other properties (Star Wars), why not the comics featuring the infamous cartoons which built the empire?

All-New Member

Star Wars (besides having prior history at the company, from the 1970s) is the kind of thing Marvel does well, and the kind of thing its editorial staff is interested in. Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm to add to it experience in things it does not already do well.

They don't need Marvel to exploit Disney classics or the Princess line, and Marvel may straight out be disinterested in adding that to its publishing workload. Any number of reasons.

By the same token, Disney was making movies for 70 years before than Marvel Studios started; they didn't step in and say "Okay! We'll take over from here. Thanks, guys." (;

It comes down to that autonomy. Marvel may not be the best fit for Mickey comics (from perspective of Marvel Comics and Disney.) So someone else gets a shot. Nothing more than that.
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Still buying X-Files but I really hope it improves for Season 11.
    I'm liking it on a nostalgic level, but storywise, it's just retreading a lot of old ground. I hope Season 11 is more than simply bringing back all the old players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Ghostbusters: Get Real #1 (Yaaaaaay! GB is back!)
    Same here for me! Can't wait to see how the IDW Ghostbusters meet The Real Ghostbusters.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I have been getting Star Trek and X Files when the price drops on Comixology. I have really enjoyed those. Miami Vice looks interesting enough to check out.
    There are a few others I may check out when the price drops but won't know until they come out, like Dirk Gently, The Fly, Insufferable and The Infinite Loop. Also, I may try some Disney titles. Donald Duck is an institution in Germany so I may see how he goes over here. A lot of times I am not sure what strikes me until later.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    I'm liking it on a nostalgic level, but storywise, it's just retreading a lot of old ground. I hope Season 11 is more than simply bringing back all the old players.
    Yeah pretty much, and honestly a couple of issues have been a chore to read.

Did you guys read about a possible actual TV revival on Fox? http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-23/x-fi...s-we-might-get

Fingers crossed.

BANNED

why is powerpuff girls super smash up not on the solicits?