Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Great art, great story. looking forward to when Black Cat comes into play. Also be interesting to see if anything develops between Yuri and Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The story's pretty good. I like how Conway compares Wraith slowly figuring out what lines to cross with Spider-Man's experiences post Spider-Verse/ Superior. Some of the plot points are arguably cliched, but the execution isn't (for example- the timing of a death.)

Not a fan of the art, though. It's passable, but it's really not my cup of tea.
    I agree with all of this. As I mentioned in my own review, the characterization and dialogue are great, but yeah, if you've seen stuff like Dirty Harry, 24 or those McBain parodies on the Simpsons, you kind of story will be very familiar. Though I did like the angle that Yuri genuinely wanted to be a "by the book cop" because of her past as the Wraith, that it was the was the cop who was all "screw the rules, I'm doing what is right" hospitalization/death which served as a catalyst for Yuri, and that the stonewalling came from legitimate legal issues such as the scene where Yuri gives the photos to her chief. Definitely shows some of the Law and Order influence going on seeing that Conway wrote a few episodes for that series.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I liked this. How come they don't just run two Spidey comics like before? This would work just fine as a Spectacular Spider-Man arc.
    Will the next issue be called ASM 16.2 or 17.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I liked this. How come they don't just run two Spidey comics like before? This would work just fine as a Spectacular Spider-Man arc.

In terms of scheduling they did something similar last year when Amazing Spider-Man was monthly alongside the Year One five parter Learning to Crawl.

I'm guessing Marvel doesn't want to do it too often, because that might dilute the brand. Right now, the psuedo mini-series have been special.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm guessing Marvel doesn't want to do it too often, because that might dilute the brand. Right now, the psuedo mini-series have been special.
    Yeah, I reckon there will be at least one point series every year, maybe a "showcase" book for the A-listers of the present or yesteryear

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I agree with all of this. As I mentioned in my own review, the characterization and dialogue are great, but yeah, if you've seen stuff like Dirty Harry, 24 or those McBain parodies on the Simpsons, you kind of story will be very familiar. Though I did like the angle that Yuri genuinely wanted to be a "by the book cop" because of her past as the Wraith, that it was the was the cop who was all "screw the rules, I'm doing what is right" hospitalization/death which served as a catalyst for Yuri, and that the stonewalling came from legitimate legal issues such as the scene where Yuri gives the photos to her chief. Definitely shows some of the Law and Order influence going on seeing that Conway wrote a few episodes for that series.
    Exactly. I love the concept for this version of the Wraith but the legal reasons worked for the angle.
    Mooper Films

All-New Member

legendary gerry conway nuff said.

All-New Member

They never sold on the same level as ASM. That's why they went close to weekly with Brand New Day and double shipped often once it was down to just Dan Slott as the main writer. I figure this story would have been a limited series a few years ago, but calling it ASM 16.1 will get a lot more people buying it.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it might be better to make ASM a monthly series once again and have Spectacular Spider-Man once again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maybe it might be better to make ASM a monthly series once again and have Spectacular Spider-Man once again...
    That would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    . . . I wish these were the times when there were multiple Spidey books, if Mr. Conway was a regular writer on a separate Spidey book, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That would be preferable.
    see: Thread Drift: Bring back the Spectacular Spider-Man style B-title

Solid. I miss this style.