Default Recommend a recent Spider-Man trade

Hi. I'm a bit out of touch with recent Spider-Man stories. Could you recommend a recent (like 2014 or 2015) trade to me? Since time and budget are scarce, I'd appreciate it if it can stand on its own, to a certain extent. Thanks!

One problem is that there haven't been many standalone TPB length stories in the last year and a half.

Superior Spider-Man was a hit, and I would recommend that but it was a longer (30+ issues) mega-arc.

"Revival" in Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good, but the TPB doesn't seem to be complete.

If you liked Gerry Conway's work, he's writing a five issue story "Spiral" that started in today's Amazing Spider-Man #16.1

Otherwise, the only thing that really counts is "Learning to Crawl" an untold tale set in the early days of the Lee/ Ditko run by Dan Slott and Ramon Perez. It is pretty good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All-New Member

I just started trying get into Spider-Man after years long break. I decided to order Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 and 2, seems like the 3rd and last volume isnt released yet. And after reading that start with the new Amazing Spider-Man.
    Hopefully it's a good starting poing, will have to see just started reading. On a diffrent subject I kinda like being a bit after cuz I tend to like read Trades and collection more

So to borrow this thread, anyone think I need to read other or just start with the Superior one?

"Learning to Crawl": Cool! I like year-one-style stories, and even if it's not in the current storyline at least it's by the main Spider-Man writer, so I can get a feel for how he is doing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by sunken View Post
    I decided to order Superior Spider-Man (...)
    I thought about doing that, but as Mister Mets said it means getting into a long mega-arc, and I don't know if I'm ready to do that.