Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I wish they would bring Cisco back in the comics, I was really enjoying his solo series before they cancelled it and there are very few Puerto Rican superheroes out there to begin with. I just want to see him back out there, even if they decide just to take a page out of the show and make him part of the extended Flash family.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I wish they would bring Cisco back in the comics, I was really enjoying his solo series before they cancelled it and there are very few Puerto Rican superheroes out there to begin with. I just want to see him back out there, even if they decide just to take a page out of the show and make him part of the extended Flash family.
    As do I!

I'd be interested in an ongoing series maybe called VIBE(S)

Pretty much TV's Cisco Ramon; his look, especially his dorky personality, t-shirts, etc. , and with it his mechanical engineer know how.

Further adding to his knowledge the idea of extra-dimension, (vibration-field)M-theory, and developing that towards the physical powers he had in the comic.

Really hybrid of the two.

Have TV scientist Cisco(Vibe) gradually understand and honing his powers, not just vibing where he can "see" other dimension/timeline events, but eventually being able to physically vibrate between them all, becoming an actual breacher able to navigate them at will.

The temptation of being able to constantly jump between them, choose one to live in forever, or to change influence one to his liking, where everything is "perfect", extract things, effect events he does like, doesn't like from one to the other.
    Effect his own time-line/dimension, almost creating his own timeline dimension as he wishes out of everything out there, imagine the power, the potential, and the danger.

Being aware off all the possible alternate realities/timelines, not just good ones but horrible ones as well, like a constant vivid dream he Vibes, I imagine would be quite overwhelming.
    Almost frightening. (as they've hinted on the show)

Even further, I'm talking more crazy ones, like a reality where dinosaurs became the dominant species on Earth. Or Atlantis or the Amazons were the Rulers, where the Nazis won WWII, etc.
    Anything available from the Comics multiple Earths and more.
    It would all be his beautiful but also terrifying playground.
    How does it affect (for better and worse) the "real" timeline, the one he left, the one he entered, the one he created by entering it, etc. And how does it effect him, his own conscious if his "reality" becomes so mutable?

It's all probably too much for the TV show (where he isn't the focus), but it can really play out in a comic.
    There's a great theme and visuals that works for the comic character, and they've hinted at it, but dropped it. Combined with Cisco's fun TV character and personality at the heart of it, I think it could really work.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-07-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I think Vibe would make an excellent Titan.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I agree they should find a way to bring Vibe back into the comics. I don't care if its a solo, the JLA again, the Titans or a new team altogether. Cisco is a great guy. Would love to see him back in the spotlight again.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Chronicles of Cisco: Entry 0419 - Part 1 | The CW

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Powers: "Headaches and Nightmare Visions ....it's a rally cool power!"

Amazingly 3 episodes in and ....
    spoilers:
    he's already been shot!
    end of spoilers
    LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-12-2016 at 11:37 AM.

I'd say just add him into the Flash mythos and cast of supporting characters like the show. It just makes more sense
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'd say just add him into the Flash mythos and cast of supporting characters like the show. It just makes more sense
    I'd love to see him as a regular in the Flash book, but he has potential to be spun out into his own book or at least a mini series if they actually develop him.

The show is really teasing with his powers now:

He's gone from just visions...

To actually opening gates to other dimensions...

There is so much potential for a character who can actually harness these powers and become a dimension breacher and traveler, himself.
    Also he's the type of down to earth charterer who would actually be awed by his own powers, and the worlds that open up to him, both fascinating and frighting.
    He'd be really fun to read about.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Vibe has really cool powers and tons of potential but unfortunately his first appearances in comics have tarnished his reputation. It'll be a while before he lives that era down unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think Vibe would make an excellent Titan.
    He would be a great replacement for Cyborg since both of them can open portals (Boom tubes for Cyborg and breach-tubes for Vibe) and both are adept with technology.

Blows my mind that DC isn't using this character. He's featured on a hugely popular show each week and has garnered a sizable fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What would you guys say to Cisco joining the Titans?
    Replying here, cause Cisco's thread needs the love.

There have been so few prominently featured male Latinos in DC's Justice League ranks, and Titans/YJ seems better ground to further develop the slightly younger Jaime Reyes, and Miguel Jose Barragan.

Where DC really lacks a strong prominent male Latino is as a regular in JL.

Vibe/Cisco was born out of 80s Justice League relaunch, and then reinvented again for new 52 JLA, and again for the Flash TV show, which pairs him up with Barry Allen, again more associated with JL.
    So I would rather see him developed further in association with the JL rather than Titans.

Also I really like the personality, Carlos Valdes has brought to the character on the show, where he's played older than Titans ranks.

With his strong intellect; mechanical engineer, creativity, fun personality, and "vibing" power-up; extra-dimension portal opening and potentially jumping, that he's getting on the show, I think he'd be great addition to finally have a Latino as a regular on the Justice League.

Also as a unique (non-legacy) character, unlike (Jaime)Blue Beetle, or (Jessica Cruz)Green Lantern, he won't incur the wrath of fans of previous incarnations (which is heartbreaking to see when you like the new character and are dying to see a Latino as a regular and yet they get hated on because they are "replacing" another's favorite), here he'd just be his own unique character, with no overlap power set, or identity theft.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-02-2016 at 03:53 PM.

On the other hand, Jsime currently isn't on either Titans team and Miguel is in limbo and may stay there forever. Cisco is within the same age range as the young adult Titans team and it could be a nice inverse of Cyborg joining the League. And the Titans could use the diversity too and being a legacy character has never been a requirement for being a Titan.

I also agree with keeping Cisco a league member and not a Titan. The league lacks prominent Latinos, male and female, so I'd rather Vibe be built as a strong League member and be attached to that franchise than become a Titan.

The Titans already have Blue Beetle (he's used as both tho), Bunker, Pantha and Aquagirl. I'd rather DC brought those characters back from limbo (Jaime is the only one still in comics) than use Vibe

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I also agree with keeping Cisco a league member and not a Titan. The league lacks prominent Latinos, male and female, so I'd rather Vibe be built as a strong League member and be attached to that franchise than become a Titan.

The Titans already have Blue Beetle (he's used as both tho), Bunker, Pantha and Aquagirl. I'd rather DC brought those characters back from limbo (Jaime is the only one still in comics) than use Vibe
    As I said, Blue Beetle isn't currently in the Titans.