Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Cisco has definitely become my favorite character on the Flash show. Now you all are making me want to check out Vibe's New52 series. Where's the right place to start? Do I need to have read JLA to follow along with what happens in his solo series or can I just drop in?

Do don't have to read JLA, you can just run in a read it the first two issues explain now he's on the JLA but for the most part its just his adventure.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Do you mean JLA or JLU? I thought JLA was only going to be the 6 original leaguers. Adding him to Justice League United however would be cool, especially given how diverse and unique the lineup already is.
    I'd been avoiding the JLA buzz so I could be completely wrong. The final issue of his solo made it clear he was working with Waller on incursions. So I expect him to be involved in Convergence. I would surprised if he ended up with JLU since J'onn was so mad at Waller, but I think it would be fun to see what Strange thought about his powers.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I'd been avoiding the JLA buzz so I could be completely wrong. The final issue of his solo made it clear he was working with Waller on incursions. So I expect him to be involved in Convergence. I would surprised if he ended up with JLU since J'onn was so mad at Waller, but I think it would be fun to see what Strange thought about his powers.
    The thing is thought he's been missing since Forever Evil, it is possible for either a return in Convergence or Darkseid War.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

I wonder what he was running from in the last issue of JLA.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What would be funny is have Vibe show up in Convergance and run into the original version and just be so embarassed he doesn't even want to show his face anymore.

I know this is kinda old news but Cisco's brother Dante is coming to The Flash. I won't give away any spoilers because I can see there are a few people who didn't read the Vibe series but if they follow a similar story arc in the show and the other brother Armondo shows up too things could get very interesting for the Ramon family. Though it seems like they just combined Cisco's two brothers into one character. Since Armando was the older sibling and favorite son of the family, pretty much how the preview is describing Dante.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/32...ciscos-brother
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-18-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Indeed, the CW series deserves much credit for bring new attention to a character that makes the habit of topping the lists of "Worst JLA Members of All Time" on a regular basis. Cisco gets a lot of fan love. Take a bow.
    Justice-League-of-America-Vol.-1-233-1984-1.jpg
    With regard to him taking steps to taking on the formal mantle of "Vibe", I took this rare action sequence as a major step in that direction, especially given his dialogue rather than later events involving not good vibrations for our beloved Cisco "Kid".

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Indeed, the CW series deserves much credit for bring new attention to a character that makes the habit of topping the lists of "Worst JLA Members of All Time" on a regular basis.
    I think in this case you have to acknowledge Geoff Johns relaunching the character with Andrew Kreisberg and Pete Woods in his own series for breaking most of the old tropes/clichés there, with a total reinventing of the character.
    While CW put the the embarrassingly fun adorkable tech-geek spin on him, they are taking cues from the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With regard to him taking steps to taking on the formal mantle of "Vibe", I took this rare action sequence as a major step in that direction, especially given his dialogue rather than later events involving not good vibrations for our beloved Cisco "Kid".
    LOL forgot about, or I missed that geek (Cisco vs. Harry Potter) fight scene, they pretty much broadcast they were taking him towards being Vibe there!

Although will it be by tech.? Or by delayed effects of the accelerator blast? Or both?
    What do people think?
    Or prefer?
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-19-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I know this is kinda old news but Cisco's brother Dante is coming to The Flash. I won't give away any spoilers because I can see there are a few people who didn't read the Vibe series but if they follow a similar story arc in the show and the other brother Armondo shows up too things could get very interesting for the Ramon family. Though it seems like they just combined Cisco's two brothers into one character. Since Armando was the older sibling and favorite son of the family, pretty much how the preview is describing Dante.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/32...ciscos-brother
    Wow! Thanks for the link, I totally missed this awesome news.
    Here's another - http://news.entertainmentearth.com/2...te-ramon-cast/
    The last episode for the first time did start introducing the idea that Cisco had family, so I was wondering if there had been any new casting news.

I'm glad they are drawing more and more from his short lived 52 series. Working this story arc into Cisco's "transform" (if they go there) will give him much needed personal motive for becoming a hero in his own right.

Though it seems like they just combined Cisco's two brothers into one character. Since Armando was the older sibling and favorite son of the family, pretty much how the preview is describing Dante.
    It seems that way, good call.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-19-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Finally caught up with ep.18

Cisco is definitely becoming Vibe!

Spoilerish......

The hints of Cisco being aware of alternate timelines, will likely be explained as inter dimensional/time vibration frequencies, that he can sense or tap into.

Michio Kaku - Vibrating string video a few posts back. -
    Yes they even have the same hairdo.

Whether they are being created by speedsters time traveling, creating new realities as they go, or they exist naturally, Cisco will inevitably be able to breach or access them, at will.
    Right now he is flashing to one, it's manifesting as a dream, but he will find there are other realities out there.
    He just has to learn to control it.

The new goggles head-gear we see where he goes - "This is mad freaky!" Are probably him channeling and seeing all the alternate time lines out there.

It's probably overwhelming! -
    Cisco ...mad freaky vibes!

Apparently Andrew Kreisberg who with Johns was the writer on the New 52 Vibe comic that redefined his powers, is the show runner on the FLASH.
    It might explain why Cisco is getting so much love on the show.

Hopefully it will lead to a return of his book, or at least seeing him return on a team book.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-16-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Yeah I like the fact that we're getting hints that Cisco is developing a meta power.

Did anyone else think Barry telling Cisco "you're a hero" had a double meaning? Barry used some of his Speed Force power to jump start Cisco's heart. Maybe he also imparted some of his ability of activated a meta gene. In Trinity War we learned that Vibe can actually use his dimensional powers to disconnect The Flash from the Speed Force. So there is a connection. Like you said, he's already starting to gain the ability to view alternate realities. Maybe Barry's actions also increased his meta powers. I was really hoping we'd see Cisco accidentally shatter some of those test tubes with a blast of sound waves.

But VIBE seems like kind of a boring code name for a guy who so enthusiastically gives the bad guys their villain moniker.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-16-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Did anyone else think Barry telling Cisco "you're a hero" had a double meaning?
    Yep, that was definitely Barry(the writers) putting it out there, that the Cisco Kid (despite his own fears) really has the heart of a hero! And that will come into play inevitably as his powers manifest.

Barry used some of his Speed Force power to jump start Cisco's heart. Maybe he also imparted some of his ability of activated a meta gene. In Trinity War we learned that Vibe can actually use his dimensional powers to disconnect The Flash from the Speed Force. So there is a connection. Like you said, he's already starting to gain the ability to view alternate realities. Maybe Barry's actions also increased his meta powers.
    I thought they'd just explain it as his own power, a delayed effect of the accelerator explosion, but you're right, having Barry jump-start him with his energy, will probably be referenced as a trigger point as the other dimensions/time-lines open up to him.
    Especially the time-lines being generated by the speedsters jumping through time.
    I haven't read Trinity War, but as you say there is a connection, Great call!

Also the gravity of this , realizing that time jumping doesn't or can't actually "fix" anything, just creates new realities/time-lines.
    The futility and realization of this might be overwhelming. I hope Cisco [and Barry] can handle it.

But VIBE seems like kind of a boring code name for a guy who so enthusiastically gives the bad guys their villain moniker.
    LoL! I agree Vibe is still a horrible name. So bad, with all the reinvention, they still stuck with the crap name.

Maybe for the show he'll just be Cisco, or they'll flip it- the name he is given, will be the one name on the show he doesn't come up with himself, and is instead the name all the others chose for him, knowing it's crap. He then gets stuck with it LOL!

Cisco: I'm trying to come up with a name that has the right vibe.

Everyone: VIBE it is!

Cisco: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Last edited by Güicho; 04-16-2015 at 11:34 AM.

I'm guessing that is Vibe forced to help the Anti Monitor move through universes at the end of Forever Evil. You hear his lackey but never see him. Psycho Pirate would be a nice throwback, but he can't help him move through universes like Cisco could.

Quote Originally Posted by thechief View Post
    I'm guessing that is Vibe forced to help the Anti Monitor move through universes at the end of Forever Evil. You hear his lackey but never see him. Psycho Pirate would be a nice throwback, but he can't help him move through universes like Cisco could.
    Pretty sure the mystery voice is Darkseid's Daughter who has been teased since the beginning of the New 52. But I really hope Vibe is involved in the Darkseid War.