Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

What do you think of this idea?

Vibe series

Cisco in Detroit battles villains in alongside his brother Dante aka Reverb and Cynthia Reynolds. Guest stars include Cyborg, ROcket, Vixen and the Ray.

Seriously, where is Vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Seriously, where is Vibe?
    Fell into one of Darkseid War plotholes with Gypsy and his brother Dante, it's my best guess. I mean, it's not like Cisco's recent series was built around the assumption that the whole thing would have been important once Darkseid would have come back to Earth (the tyrant's daughter was even introduced in one of its issues!). I really don't know what to think, since Johns should have been able to find a little corner for those characters in that bloated mess of a pseudo-event, but apparently seeing for the N-th time 100 Green Lanterns coming to the heroes' rescue, getting their @$$es whooped and ultimately amounting to nothing was more important than tying up the loose ends of a series he himself had set up.

Wasn't vibe suppose to be a keystone series/character? Did DC just give up?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wasn't vibe suppose to be a keystone series/character? Did DC just give up?
    As I wrote in post #93, it looks like Johns humself completely gave up on the character, since he was the one who thought of bringing him back, setting up his title, using said title to introduce a very important plot point of his Darkseid War story-arc and then completely failing to show him or even mention him during the aforementioned pseudo-event. And just like -- well, pretty much any narrative starting point coming from his JL work since 2011, no other author felt the need to pick it up and expand it. After all, if even the writer who had created it ultimately declined to expand on it despite having every chance to do that, where was the hurry? Vibe's disappearance was all Geoff's failure, in my opinion.

Considering some of the very JL Detroit feel of the new Justice League of America book I was really hoping Vibe would have appeared there. Seemed like a good place for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The more popular Cisco gets on the TV show give me more hope that Vibe will be used more in the comics. It is stupid that DC is not using him. When you have a character getting that much exposure in another medium you need to use that. There is no logical reason why DC is not using Vibe and Firestorm in one of the Justice League books. I am not talking about going full "Marvel" and just cut and pasting the live action version into the comics, but using them somewhere just make too much sense not too be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The more popular Cisco gets on the TV show give me more hope that Vibe will be used more in the comics. It is stupid that DC is not using him. When you have a character getting that much exposure in another medium you need to use that. There is no logical reason why DC is not using Vibe and Firestorm in one of the Justice League books. I am not talking about going full "Marvel" and just cut and pasting the live action version into the comics, but using them somewhere just make too much sense not too be doing it.
    I have a feeling we'll see Vibe and Firestorm back in a big way sooner rather then later in the DCU, especially with their major presence on the TV shows .

I'm still expecting them to show up in JLA as part of it's "fluid" roster.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I really hope Vibe comes back sooner rather then later.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

And now Gypsy has been cast and appearing alongside Vibe in Season 3 of The Flash too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO_z3WIj...n-by=hotroddii

While it sucks that Vibe hasn't been used in DC Comics the character is still seen by millions of people each week on the Flash tv show. Which is actually far more beneficial to the character than being in a monthly comic. It's just kind of stupid of DC to not be taking advantage of Vibe's mainstream popularity by keeping him shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    And now Gypsy has been cast and appearing alongside Vibe in Season 3 of The Flash too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO_z3WIj...n-by=hotroddii
    It's about time Cisco gets a romantic interest. He had that fling with Golden Glider and was dumped by Kendra but hasn't had a real long term relationship.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not talking about going full "Marvel" and just cut and pasting the live action version into the comics,
    You are Incorrect.
    I don't know why a few folks keep saying these things but i have not seen or read any character that is a cut in paste in marvel comics from the marvel movies.

Is there a few influences for certain characters?
    Maybe, but don't exaggerate.

It's no different from what dc has been doing over the years with thier characters.
    The only character i could think of by the way that you are talking about where there is a few influences is starlord and that is because i read that from a few others.

I have not read that much with starlord in it,so i can't take thier word for it and i don't trust and i disagree with those folks views anyway.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-09-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

Last I saw, Vibe was shown running away from something and no one knew where he was. I can't remember if it was the last issues of Justice League America or Justice League United #0. In either case, we got maybe one box just showing Vibe running away from something and it appeared no one knew where he was. I can hope that it ties into Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Two breakthrough characters from CW's FLASH TV series are Cisco Ramon (Vibe) and Harrison Wells (in his various incarnations).

Vibe, of course, was a late Bronze Age DC character who never really took off with fans and was killed off after a few years. For years, the character was remembered as a joke: a bad stereotype of modern Latin American culture and a 1980s dance fad (breakdancing). The character's portrayal in the FLASH TV series, however, has reclaimed and rebuilt the character into a fan favorite as "Cisco," STAR Labs genius, quipster, and generally likable geek with cool and highly useful powers.

It makes me wonder: in the REBIRTH DCU comics, should Vibe be reintroduced based on the Cisco portrayal from the TV series (but perhaps with a nod to his Bronze Age comics past as a previous member of the Justice League)?
    Hijacking this from the other thread, which seemed more about Wells and how those characters would impact Flash book specifically

(also Vibes thread needs the love).

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Vibe, on the other hand? I think the character might benefit from *some* tv influence. If you look at the New52 version, it was a solid foundation but Cisco had little real personality to him there, he was fairly generic. And the original, 80's version was just bad on a lot of levels but he certainly had flavor. And the tv version is a fan favorite that has almost nothing to do with either comics versions.

So it might work out well if you Rebirth-ed Vibe and took a little bit from all three. Keep the New52 origin, and basic history. Add a (less stereotyped) love of music and dancing from the 80's, and possibly a dash of that "troubled youth" backstory, and then add the geeky humor the CW version has, and you'd probably have a solid character to work with. The engineering stuff can be included or left out, as the particulars of the print-DCU makes this particular role less important for Cisco.

Personally Id like to see Vibe join the JLA, since that roster is supposed to be fluid. Or perhaps the Titans, as he's around the same age as Nightwing and Wally...
    Agree Wells without Cavanagh may fall flat in the comic page, Cisco on the other-hand who already existed in the comics would benefit greatly from elements of Carlos Valdes.

As well as some of the development and power upgrades he's received on the show (which again were already being explored in the comics) He would just have to be brought back to the comic, his character and powers developed further.
    Cisco in the comics isn't tied to the Flash, he can operate and be developed in his own direction, as you indicate in Titans, JL, any spin-off JL book. or even on his own as a multiverse-breacher. Maybe pursuing Gypsy!

The engineering aspect would be the hardest to reconcile with previous comic incarnations, but out of a reboot, it would be fine.
    I'd go further and make him pretty much TV's Cisco Ramon; his look, especially his dorky personality, t-shirts, etc., with it his mechanical engineer know how.

Further adding to his knowledge the idea of extra-dimension, (vibration-field)M-theory, which he could equate to music vibrations), and developing that towards the physical powers he had in the comic.

Really hybrid of the two, and although hesitant and reluctant at first, ultimately a self-made hero, developing the tech needed to harness his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Cisco is a character that could transfer well to the comics--given Vibe already exists, he just needs a few tweaks based on the Carlos Valdes portrayal.
    Agree!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-30-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Anyway ... we are at the end of the 3rd season?
    And still no Vibe in the comic? If they were really looking to advance the character by jumping on the exposure and popularity of the show, they certainly aren't exactly taking advantage of it.
    Which is pretty disappointing.