All-New Member

Angry Spawn 250 variant defect

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have just purchased a copy of Spawn 250 Sketch variant I have been advised by the seller that the dent ripped corner is due to a printing defect of it being a double triple sized issue. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this?

I have added a couple of pics of the issues I have with the book

IMG_20150318_183537.jpgIMG_20150318_183547.jpgIMG_20150318_183602.jpg

I have seen that quite a few copies have a spine tick near the issue 250 logo since I have been searching for defects with this book but there is no mention of this rip/corner fault and I am really not convinced. There is also a split by one of the staples. Any advice would be fantastic!! Thanks in advance.

Hm sorry wouldn't know. To me they just look like little bit where it got a little damaged to be honest... But it's not impossible I guess.
    Recently ODY-C for example had a bunch of weird imperfections with the fold-out pages it had, pages glued together and slightly crumpled. That was a thick issue too, so perhaps the size increase makes a comic more prone to damage? Especially if it's just being held together by two staples?
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

All-New Member

Yea I can see it having more issues when its a thicker double or triple sized book but the corner to me looks like its been bashed and ripped rather than a rip from binding (as its slightly dented in). If it was from binding I would have thought it would have still been a square corner but ripped.

Just looking for anyone that has any better insight into this really as I am not 100%. The seller did tell me this was quite usual with image books when they are double triple sized.

Fantastic Member

Well I got all the covers except the sketch variants and neither of them had a ripped corner. If they did, I probably wouldn't have bought them.

A week or so later I went back to the LCS I got the variant covers from and they had one of the sketch variants, Jock's, and none of them had a ripped corner. I have noticed that some books that are double or triple sized their would be maybe 1 in 15 or 20 or so that may have a defect, so it happens but its kinda rare. I've bought some of Images double sized issues before (the first issue of Bedlam, Umbral, the Dream Merchant, and issue #16 of The Activity) and they weren't ripped in anyway. I would say its just a bad copy the seller has.