Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Honestly not sure how I feel about this, on the surface at least it involves hero's fighting actual villains and thats long overdue.

On the other hand the line up of villains is odd. Its got one traditional X-Villain (Sabertooth) in the back and Red Skull/Onslaught front and center. One has to question why Loki and Doom would be there. I also have a tough time seeing Doom take any kind of subordinate position as would seem to be implied by his placement and lack of focus in the preview pic.

Also Carnage is a terrible character, who I really wanted to never see again.

Last concern is RR himself. He lost me on Uncanny Avengers a long time ago. He's a capable writer as long as he stays off the soapbox but he has a tendency to fridge characters and needlessly rely on shocking deaths as a crutch. IF he can avoid that and not screw up the villains then this at least has a shot of being decent.
    I don't know: the term axis suggest more cooperation between like-minded and "evenly" matched parties than straight-up dominance/ subordination.
    For all we know, Doom might consider himself a "partner" to Red Onslaught, not a subordinate.

Anyway:

Sabertooth (X-verse)
    Loki (Asgard)
    Doom (FF)
    Carnage (Spider-verse)
    Red Skull (Avengers)

It's not really that incoherent from this perspective, a lot of corners of the marvel universe seem to be represented.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Interesting to see Sabretooth making it to the big leagues, particularly with Logan no longer around after September.

Sabretooh isn't smart enough to be anything more than the groups lapdog

Extraordinary Member

I haven't a clue where this is going.

This is an Avengers event not an X-Men event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This is an Avengers event not an X-Men event.
    It has nifty logo with an X at the centre which can be read from either side (Morrison's NXM callback!).
    It has Professor X's brain.
    It has Sabretooth.
    It has Onslaught's armor.
    It has smell of the '90s.

If that's not Avengers/X-Men event, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    It has nifty logo with an X at the centre which can be read from either side (Morrison's NXM callback!).
    It has Professor X's brain.
    It has Sabretooth.
    It has Onslaught's armor.
    It has smell of the '90s.

If that's not Avengers/X-Men event, I don't know what is.
    Are you reading what you just typed. "It has Professor X's brain" that's supposed to make it an X-Men event??? It's the Red Skull with **** power ups. It's not an X-Men event. And Sabertooth is a joke he should go back to being an Iron Fist villain.

The stench of bullshit and Onslaught is strong.

I'm holding out to know who the X-Men are in this story. Hopefully Magik is as involved as she was in AvX.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

BANNED

Are you reading what you just typed. "It has Professor X's brain" that's supposed to make it an X-Men event??? It's the Red Skull with **** power ups. It's not an X-Men event. And Sabertooth is a joke.

The stench of bullshit and Onslaught is strong.
    It's an X-Men event, it's marketed as it is even though it doesn't fulfill your standards of what an X-Men event should be.
    And I didn't know Xavier's telepathy is a **** power up. The things you learn.

BANNED

Apocca Twins presumably die or are jailed at the end of current arc.
    Seems wonky they're not at the Big Boys club when they're RiRem's brainchildren.

Apocca Twins presumably die or are jailed at the end of current arc.
    Seems wonky they're not at the Big Boys club when they're RiRem's brainchildren.
    It looks like the twins are shown at the bottom of the image. Hard to tell. But they'll probably be involved as they're his creations.

It's an X-Men event, it's marketed as it is even though it doesn't fulfill your standards of what an X-Men event should be.
    And I didn't know Xavier's telepathy is a **** power up. The things you learn.
    It's marketed as an X-Men event because the X-Men sell issues and from what it seems at the moment better then the Avengers, that doesn't mean it's an X-Men event particularly with that line-up of villains all of whom have been cemented as Avengers villains.

Giving the Red Skull Xavier's brain is just making the Red Skull a bigger threat but he is and will always be a Captain America villian and an Avengers villain.

As for Sabertooth, he is more of a Wolverine villain then an X-Men villain.

Also anything associated with Onslaught = trash.

BANNED

While I don't know enough to completely be turned off by this, I can't say I'm excited for Remender. Uncanny Avengers has been festering and now is nothing but a dull alternate timeline story. Just like his Uncanny X-Force, it started with something interesting but transformed into a dried turd. His take on all the X-Mythos is horrible, so I don't expect to be drawn in by that.

BANNED

It's marketed as an X-Men event because the X-Men sell issues and from what it seems at the moment better then the Avengers, that doesn't mean it's an X-Men event particularly with that line-up of villains all of whom have been cemented as Avengers villains.

Giving the Red Skull Xavier's brain is just making the Red Skull a bigger threat but he is and will always be a Captain America villian and an Avengers villain.

As for Sabertooth, he is more of a Wolverine villain then an X-Men villain.

Also anything associated with Onslaught = trash.
    Oh, it's that old 'Not my toys' argument when it comes to villains. Let go of it, you'll have more fun.
    I bet X-Men beating up Avengers villains will look sweet and will show Avengers incapable of dealing with their own threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It looks like the twins are shown at the bottom of the image. Hard to tell. But they'll probably be involved as they're his creations.
    From what I can see blood, gore and intestines are filling up bottom image.
    I seriously want Eimin in this.

Without knowing what the event was called, the logo would say SIXIS to me.
    I just hope this isn't another event designed to further pillage X-Men-related concepts to make the Avengers look 'better'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'