Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Still tired of seeing Jason fly around in space ships, which appeals to no one.
    The idea is good but it hasn't been executed well.

With the right writers, Jason could become the DC Corsair and create the DC version of Starjammers or Guardian of the Galaxy.

Nothing wrong with a bounty hunter-esque space book. Green Lantern can't do everything for the DC Cosmology.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like more of a "Jason Unleashed" approach. No partners, just him dishing out justice however he sees fit; Roy and Kory are just dead weight to him now. Story arcs that might last one issue or several months A different girl every month. And if he crosses paths with Batman, tell Bruce to keep out of his way--"I'll stay out of Gotham City if you stay off of my planet." Extrapolate the line Bruce said to Jason about the Joker to apply to Jason himself: "He can't be predicted. He can't be reasoned with."
    So you want Morrison's Psycho back? No thanks, I've had enough of raving lunatics on the N52 with Snyder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So you want Morrison's Psycho back? No thanks, I've had enough of raving lunatics on the N52 with Snyder.
    No, he doesn't have to be a psycho--he just has his own way of dealing with bad guys that isn't quite Bruce's way of dealing with bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like more of a "Jason Unleashed" approach. No partners, just him dishing out justice however he sees fit; Roy and Kory are just dead weight to him now. Story arcs that might last one issue or several months A different girl every month. And if he crosses paths with Batman, tell Bruce to keep out of his way--"I'll stay out of Gotham City if you stay off of my planet." Extrapolate the line Bruce said to Jason about the Joker to apply to Jason himself: "He can't be predicted. He can't be reasoned with."
    I like this idea

BANNED

His Jason wasn't a psycho, he was just upset because Bruce died and he never handled to resolve his own attachments to him. These themes have dominated the New 52 Jason's book, so it's the same character. This is just how he acts when his adopted father is killed and the golden boy Dick Grayson did jack-squat to save him or even bring him back.

His Jason wasn't a psycho, he was just upset because Bruce died and he never handled to resolve his own attachments to him. These themes have dominated the New 52 Jason's book, so it's the same character. This is just how he acts when his adopted father is killed and the golden boy Dick Grayson did jack-squat to save him or even bring him back.
    You missed the blatant allusions to TKJ on 'Revenge of the Red Hood'? How Jason seemed rational just before snapping and start screaming that he would be back while the GCPD took him away? How he said that everything was a revenge between a crazy man in a mask towards other crazy man in a mask? and there's the thing about Morrison's Jason gunning down some police men just because.

BANNED

You missed the blatant allusions to TKJ on 'Revenge of the Red Hood'? How Jason seemed rational just before snapping and start screaming that he would be back while the GCPD took him away? How he said that everything was a revenge between a crazy man in a mask towards other crazy man in a mask? and there's the thing about Morrison's Jason gunning down some police men just because.
    Here's the thing...Morrison is a smart writer and Scott Lobdell is not. Scott is not capable of analyzing the psychology of a guy who got beaten to death and came back from the dead before he was 20. Scott is a company man who sells products well, that's how he keeps his job.

Scott would like to think he's telling the same narrative, and in a sense, it is...Morrison just told it correctly.

Here's the thing...Morrison is a smart writer and Scott Lobdell is not. Scott is not capable of analyzing the psychology of a guy who got beaten to death and came back from the dead before he was 20. Scott is a company man who sells products well, that's how he keeps his job.

Scott would like to think he's telling the same narrative, and in a sense, it is...Morrison just told it correctly.
    Yeah...No

Morrison never wrote about Jason as a character, for him Jason was only a plot device. He was there to move forward Grayson's narrative and nothing more. The whole thing with the hair at the end was just a mean to keep the red/black motif than was present on his whole run.

BANNED

Yeah...No

Morrison never wrote about Jason as a character, for him Jason was only a plot device. He was there to move forward Grayson's narrative and nothing more. The whole thing with the hair at the end was just a mean to keep the red/black motif than was present on his whole run.
    The hair thing was creepy. Why would Bruce force Jason to dye his hair black so he'd look like Dick? That really creeped me out. If editorial wants Jason to have black hair, I like that shot of white in it from Under the Hood--it's symbolic of the Hell Jason went through when he came back to life, and also makes him look different from the rest of the sidekick stable.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah...No

I believe that most of the writers that have handled Jason have only seen him and his issues with Bruce as plot devices. That is pretty much why those stories got repetitive and stale. They either weren't allow to have both of them deal with the elephant in the room or else they simply didn't want to take the time to do so because then they would lose a area of tension between the two and, "oh no we can't have that". Makes me sick actually that he's been in that rut for so danged long.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Somewhat related, Kory's origin was pretty damn good, Lobdell managed to weave a solid tale that takes into account everything showed up so far in the N52 while at the same time tying some loose ends and respecting the core of Kory's old origin.

He also sets a plot hook that if is what I'm thinking is gonna stir quite the controversy.

This has made me really hopeful for his return at the book.

Somewhat related, Kory's origin was pretty damn good, Lobdell managed to weave a solid tale that takes into account everything showed up so far in the N52 while at the same time tying some loose ends and respecting the core of Kory's old origin.

He also sets a plot hook that if is what I'm thinking is gonna stir quite the controversy.

This has made me really hopeful for his return at the book.
    Care to share in a spoiler tag? Couldn't care less about picking up Secret Origins tbh.

Sure
    spoilers:
    the basic concept is there but it elaborates some things:
    *The citadel was working under the Dominators orders and they in turn, work under Hellspont
    *Kom was always a puppet and Kory was sold into slavery because she had untapped potential
    *We see some of the experiments done on her and we see that Kory's memory fomr issue 3 is the first time she manifested her powers
    *The citadel scientist hooked Kory on some drug to keep her under control
    *After the experiments were done, Kory spent years wandering between slave camps until finally landed on the SS Starfire
    *There she met Orm, an albino citadelian(?) who showed her true friendship, companionship and trust
    *With Orm and Depalo (also a renegade) she led a rebellion on the Starfire taking command of it.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-28-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Ooh, thanks!

Sounds pretty foreshadow-y, interested to see where Lobdell goes with it. Could be really good... or really, really bad. D: