Default Would Topher Grace Have Made A Better Kasady?

He has the right physique and his Venom is definitely more psychotic than the comic version (at least in his first appearance since he never actually harmed MJ). He also played a serial killer in Predators.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Grace's Eddie Brock is one of the best things about that movie.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

In terms of appearance, yeah, he has that trim-but-still-muscular look that Kasaday has, he just seemed too small compared to Toby to be as imposing as Brock is in the comics.

Incredible Member

honestly given his portrayal of Eric Foreman in That 70's Show he could have probably been a better Peter. He already had that wimpy geek vibe nailed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He has the right physique and his Venom is definitely more psychotic than the comic version (at least in his first appearance since he never actually harmed MJ). He also played a serial killer in Predators.
    I agree with you. When I look at Spider-Man's first confrontation with Carnage in the comicbooks, Topher Grace would have indeed made for a better Cletus Kasady.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

edit to delete
    Last edited by rhymeswithparc; 12-20-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    honestly given his portrayal of Eric Foreman in That 70's Show he could have probably been a better Peter. He already had that wimpy geek vibe nailed.
    Agreed. Once upon a time he could've been a good Parker. Very good comedic delivery. Comes across as intelligent. Had the right look. Could have been an interesting choice.

I like Topher Grace, I think he could been a great Spidey (though if Marvel's feeling crazy with alt universe stuff maybe Ben? I dunno). I never thought of him being Carnage to be honest, but it's an interesting idea. I could see him going for a less wacky/over-the-top Kasady, and a somewhat pulled back, quiet and menacing maniac who fully goes manic once he gets the symbiote since it "frees him" or something.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I also think he would have been a better Peter Parker. He was a craptastic Eddie Brock, though. I would've cast (and I'm sure I'll get some loud boos for this) Hayden Christensen (who CAN act under the right circumstances, and played a disgraced reporter well in "Shattered Glass") or Joshua Jackson (who isn't as muscle-bound as the traditional Eddie, but has the height, acting chops and eyebrows).
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Grace was a good fit for the Eddie Brock they wanted for the films (a dark mirror of Peter Parker as well). The problem wasn't with the casting, but with the pacing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Pacing and writing. They cut out some of the bigger establishing moments for him like when he goes over to Gwen's house and is totally embarrassed and scared off by her dad. In the final thing, he's lacking enough development to make a big splash as a villain. It would have been a bit better if he didn't actually have the big final fight with Pete until 4. Set the stage for the 4th movie, build up Eddie to menacing levels, and bam, loads better heh.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.