Amazing Member

Default Quality of Softcover Image Compendiums

Hi All! I'm thinking about picking up some softcover Image compendiums (Witchblade and The Darkness), but I'm unsure based on reviews. I've read everything online from people's pages falling out to the softcovers having sewn binding! Do any of you have any of these volumes? If so, what did you think? How's the quality?

Much thanks!

I have the two witchblade ones and the two darkness ones. I got them because I am a fan, and wanted to read a chunk of material I missed, but make no mistake, they are not the best quality.
    I read them carefully, so they did not fall apart on me. But I've read the first witchblade one twice and I think it's hanging on by a thread. I take very good care of my stuff.

Side note: I have some Top Cow hardcover compendiums as well, and they hold up a TINY BIT better but not worth the price hike.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I wish they'd do reprints of the HC compendiums...those prices are jacked up like crazy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I have the two witchblade ones and the two darkness ones. I got them because I am a fan, and wanted to read a chunk of material I missed, but make no mistake, they are not the best quality.
    I read them carefully, so they did not fall apart on me. But I've read the first witchblade one twice and I think it's hanging on by a thread. I take very good care of my stuff.

Side note: I have some Top Cow hardcover compendiums as well, and they hold up a TINY BIT better but not worth the price hike.
    Thanks for the info. This is a bummer, but it seems like it's really my only option if I want to read these stories in collected format (I heard the Origins TPB have terrible binding, too). I think I'm going to bite, but I'm disappointed.