Page 191 of 357 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 5343
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    didn't catch the heart shape... but if it's a clock... its 7:40?

You also have Gambit at the top and bottom and Rogue at the left and right... Gambit is surrounded by Rogue and Rogue by Gambit... Rogue and Gambit each have one firearm...

No, that's reading way too much into it.
    I didn't catch the heart either at first. But if you follow the green colour, you can see the outline!

I just can't wait for all the five issues to come in! So then you can see what it all means finally. Or at least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It's not that often you get a reply and if you do it's 50/50 either someone who simply writes "agree" or starts debatting every point you made =)

I think I wrote it in some other thread but if this mini had came out say 5 years ago I would probably be reading it much differently. As it is now I read everything against the backdrop of all the crap that has happened between them. Even more so the things that has not happened between them. The lack of communication that makes it hard to believe they are even friends. The last ten or so years has not been kind to Gambit and Rogue gets a lot of flack for that. Sometimes it's the things she does(Magneto) or sometimes it's what she doesn't do (Milligans horrid X-men run). The problem is that so much of Gambits stories has centered around Rogue that whatever way she responds is the only response that happens. If she leaves Gambit to his devices then her choice is the defacto choice the entire X-men do. So every time the X-men doesn't seem to care it seems it's Rogues decision. Witch is just lazy and bad writing/editorial work.

Even if this is a logical starting point for the mini it's not the only choice. Many of the reasons why it's a logical way to start their story comes from things that has happened to Rogue, her Avengers and the astonishing X-men isssues particulary. Gambit was in another trajectory and point in life(his solo and X-factor) until he got dumped in limbo and was nowhere. With this story Rogue is more or less in the same spot she was before the mini, except that she seems more X-men involved then before. Gambit also for some reason seems to be with the X-men again and he has defaulted back to before or straight after his X-men legacy appearence.

I would have loved more chasing from Rogue or at least another dynamic. If that would have meant another story and entry point then I don't mind. It's 1 issue in and I have no attachement to the island part of the plot yet. It's all about Romy for me, the plot is just a backdrop. Heck I can't say that I want Rogue to change just for this mini when I'm slightly bitter that Gambit did. So for me a mission where both of them are distant(witch is more or less what they where before the mini, Soule doesn't count!) from each other would have worked better for me and then events forces them to open up and talk.
    Yeah. This mini should came out a long time ago.
    After first Gambit LS and Rogue LS by Mackie it would be the best time I suppose.

art by Ebas

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. This mini should came out a long time ago.
    After first Gambit LS and Rogue LS by Mackie it would be the best time I suppose.
    I think the best spot would have been following their leaving of the X-Men. Let the story of their return to the X-Men be told separately from the team books. Possibly illustrate them making the decision together rather than Rogue and Sage kind of bamboozling Gambit. Never felt right about that. How she kind of made up his mind for him, radically changing the relationship and life they had made together... I think he brought that up during the Milligan run? I'm not sure. Kind of blocked out most of that era.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Ebas

I like that art but in my opinion the teddy-Gambit doesn't quite look.... roguish enough!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Ebas

that's really cute.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

When do solicitations come out? I always forget and want to see the cover for issue 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    When do solicitations come out? I always forget and want to see the cover for issue 4!
    Don`t know really. KT told that we will love #4 cover. So I thimk it will be smth romatic. Kisses maybe

Incredible Member

I mean....I wouldn’t be mad if we got a kissing cover. Not one bit.

R+G #2

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

R+G #2
    “A million heart eye emojis”

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Tomarrow probably. Dc solitcs came out today
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

R+G #2
    Looks cool! Thanks

Incredible Member

I’m guessing it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I dig this cover! And the solicit! This series is going to kill me! Can’t wait!D02DBCE9-F5E3-426B-B8EA-6041E82A65F6.jpg