Page 300 of 357 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    First post (obviously) but I joined this forum after the excitement of the last week. I'm not really sure why I never did before.

I am an avid 90’s ROMY fan (yes I purposely selected this cheesy username) and after many years of not having bought any comic books due to growing bitter over the Gambit and Rogue storylines (or lack of) I could have never guessed we would be where we are today.

I wound up at a comic book store on Friday the 22nd (by sheer happenstance! I was at our friends tattoo shop with my husband next door to one). I only walked in because there was a cat inside of the comic book store and I figured why not take a look at X-Men titles and see if I could find any books with Gambit and Rogue in them… I found the Wedding special issue #1 and X-Men Gold issue #30. I flipped through the pages of #30 and could not believe my eyes when I got to the last pages. I went absolutely numb. I bought the two issues and read them that night. In the morning it still hadn’t hit me. I read them over. It took me a full day of “what just happened!?” to realize I missed th R&G Mini by Kelly Thompson. I picked up the series the very next day as well as the polybag Gold issue #30 with R&G on the cover. I have been in a strange euphoric stage since finding all of this out. I think KT and did an amazing job with their story and I cannot believe this has finally happened!

I wish I had kept up with X-Men this year as it would have been sweet to have read the Mini before Gold #30. However, it was pretty awesome I got to buy all 5 issues at once without having to wait each month. I get to do that with the highly anticipated M&MX series though. I love Kelly's work (who has become my hero over night) and her handling of these 2. I can't wait to see what is in store.

Somehow the R&G Mini has made up for the 25 years of heartbreak. I truly couldn't have predicted we would see this day.

I have been having a blast reading this thread from the start (I know there was a reset which is good otherwise I would have a hard time keeping up) and I have been loving reading the comments from 4 years ago. The marriage wishes! Oh man, this is all too good!

Anyway please forgive my lame username, the name is "B" (er, initial) and it's good to be here.
    Hi, B! Nice to meet you.
    You are lucky to read Gold 30 without knowing the spoilers.
    Last weeks are crazy. From no Romy summer we were magicaly transformed into mega Romy summer

So do you think we will have something Romy related at SDCC?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I'm going to let this conversation drop, because I think we're talking at cross purposes. I suspect that we actually want a similar kind of book, but are articulating it in different ways. My initial point was simply that, for the love of God, I am sick to death about Gambit and Rogue angsting about their relationship, and I want Marvel to minimize that. I think it's killed them as a couple in the past, and would be antithetical to selling the book to a wider audience. If that means they err in the direction of it being too fluffy and cute for a while, I am okay with that!

I'm also getting a little irritated by your assumptions that (1) I somehow don't understand basic narrative structure or story beats just because I have a different conception of what would make the book successful, or that (2) I don't understand how marriage works when my own is almost always chill, drama-free and happy. This is a nice, happy thread at the moment, and, consistent with my philosophy, I kinda want to keep it that way.

And I've read a bunch of KT's work. I read her work before she started at Marvel. I've read her damn novel.
    Sorry if I irked you but uhm... You engaged me after someone else brought up the cloud angle and I seconded it. The conversation went from there when you and a couple others basically discounted my view. If you don't want to talk because you think it's an argument, then ok. I don't "argue" I enjoy discussions, but if your getting flustered, I apologize. But when someone says the book should only "______" (which is the only reason I questioned your understanding of how a story works, so again my apologies) I want a little more than "just because". Cheers.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-03-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hi, B! Nice to meet you.
    You are lucky to read Gold 30 without knowing the spoilers.
    Last weeks are crazy. From no Romy summer we were magicaly transformed into mega Romy summer
    Nice to meet you too.
    Right!? It hit me like a brick! But like a slow wonderful brick because my brain couldn’t process it fast enough. As weird as it was how I stumbled upon finding this out I’m blown away I found the book just 2 days after its release. Surely I would have discovered it on the internet but the way it happened was so much better.

This has been the highlight of my year and I just got back from Maui 2 months ago!

Spectacular Member

Welcome to the boat "B"

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I didn't get Gold spoiled by the internet. I got it spoiled by accidentally scrolling to the bottom while I was reading it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

First post (obviously) but I joined this forum after the excitement of the last week. I'm not really sure why I never did before.

I am an avid 90’s ROMY fan (yes I purposely selected this cheesy username) and after many years of not having bought any comic books due to growing bitter over the Gambit and Rogue storylines (or lack of) I could have never guessed we would be where we are today.

I wound up at a comic book store on Friday the 22nd (by sheer happenstance! I was at our friends tattoo shop with my husband next door to one). I only walked in because there was a cat inside of the comic book store and I figured why not take a look at X-Men titles and see if I could find any books with Gambit and Rogue in them… I found the Wedding special issue #1 and X-Men Gold issue #30. I flipped through the pages of #30 and could not believe my eyes when I got to the last pages. I went absolutely numb. I bought the two issues and read them that night. In the morning it still hadn’t hit me. I read them over. It took me a full day of “what just happened!?” to realize I missed th R&G Mini by Kelly Thompson. I picked up the series the very next day as well as the polybag Gold issue #30 with R&G on the cover. I have been in a strange euphoric stage since finding all of this out. I think KT and did an amazing job with their story and I cannot believe this has finally happened!

I wish I had kept up with X-Men this year as it would have been sweet to have read the Mini before Gold #30. However, it was pretty awesome I got to buy all 5 issues at once without having to wait each month. I get to do that with the highly anticipated M&MX series though. I love Kelly's work (who has become my hero over night) and her handling of these 2. I can't wait to see what is in store.

Somehow the R&G Mini has made up for the 25 years of heartbreak. I truly couldn't have predicted we would see this day.

I have been having a blast reading this thread from the start (I know there was a reset which is good otherwise I would have a hard time keeping up) and I have been loving reading the comments from 4 years ago. The marriage wishes! Oh man, this is all too good!

Anyway please forgive my lame username, the name is "B" (er, initial) and it's good to be here.
    Welcome B! I'm a relative new comer to this board too. Long time Romy fan who had been on a long comic book hiatus. It was borderline dumb luck that I happened to discover Rogue and Gambit the month it came out and which seriously reignited my affection for comics again. Had to seek out this board to find people to talk about it with. ; )

I got in to comics in September and joined this forum about a week ago.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I didn't get Gold spoiled by the internet. I got it spoiled by accidentally scrolling to the bottom while I was reading it.
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I got in to comics in September and joined this forum about a week ago.
    You all are making me feel my age....I was a teen when "X-men The Animated Series" got me hooked on the X-Men. Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue in particular. One of my favorite scenes during the show's run is where Rogue is leaving the mansion in a car wanting to be alone(struggling with her powers again!), and Gambit keeps pursing her, even after she throws him out of the car(a convertible) one handed. Whenever I read comics with Rogue and Gambit I always "hear" their lines as if Lenore Zann and Chris Potter were speaking.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 07-03-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    You all are making me feel my age....I was a teen when "X-men The Animated Series" got me hooked on the X-Men.
    Same here, this "I just got into comics"-thing does not compute lol.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Welcome to the boat "B"
    Appreciate the welcome very much. I haven’t been on a message board since 2003 so it’s been a minute but I think I’m going to love this thread.

Side note: I was reading people asking if G&R would be appearing in Gold but I think Kelly Thompson said it was ending... anyone else hear that?

AppleJ, great to meet you too. I hate being such a noob but we all have to start somewhere. It seriously blows my mind I never thought to join CBR before. I’ve read through most of the information on gambit guild on the history. I’ve been trying to remember everything that’s happened but once I re-explored Legacy I remember why I stopped and shut it out. This is so much fun though and it’s great to be in this community (or at leaset thread).

I’ll admit when I laid eyes on X-Men #24 with Gambit and Rogue about to kiss on the cover my 11 year old self was HOOKED. Then Marvel unhooked me approximately 10 or so years ago. I’d pop in once in a while but this time I pray it sticks.

Also I’m posting from my phone right now which is not ideal. So I may need to add in some edits to my posts.

Appreciate the welcome very much. I haven’t been on a message board since 2003 so it’s been a minute but I think I’m going to love this thread.

Side note: I was reading people asking if G&R would be appearing in Gold but I think Kelly Thompson said it was ending... anyone else hear that?

AppleJ, great to meet you too. I hate being such a noob but we all have to start somewhere. It seriously blows my mind I never thought to join CBR before. I’ve read through most of the information on gambit guild on the history. I’ve been trying to remember everything that’s happened but once I re-explored Legacy I remember why I stopped and shut it out. This is so much fun though and it’s great to be in this community (or at leaset thread).

I’ll admit when I laid eyes on X-Men #24 with Gambit and Rogue about to kiss on the cover my 11 year old self was HOOKED. Then Marvel unhooked me approximately 10 or so years ago. I’d pop in once in a while but this time I pray it sticks.

Also I’m posting from my phone right now which is not ideal. So I may need to add in some edits to my posts.
    Gold is ending I think on issue 34, 35 or 36???..forget which. X-men Blue is ending around the same time. It sounds like they plan to relaunch "X-men" and "Uncanny X-men", and it has been rumored Kelly Thompson may be writing one of them.

Gold is ending I think on issue 34, 35 or 36???..forget which. X-men Blue is ending around the same time. It sounds like they plan to relaunch "X-men" and "Uncanny X-men", and it has been rumored Kelly Thompson may be writing one of them.
    Both Blue and Gold end with #36 in September

You all are making me feel my age....I was a teen when "X-men The Animated Series" got me hooked on the X-Men. Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue in particular. One of my favorite scenes during the show's run is where Rogue is leaving the mansion in a car wanting to be alone(struggling with her powers again!), and Gambit keeps pursing her, even after she throws him out of the car(a convertible) one handed. Whenever I read comics with Rogue and Gambit I always "hear" their lines as if Lenore Zann and Chris Potter were speaking.
    I need to watch those.
    I'd been semi-casually following the movies, then I found Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Netflix, then the Netflix series (currently on Iron Fist. only two episode left until Defenders i'm so hype), and then it was a logical progression to the comics.
    Of course, I decided to read them all chronologically, but the early publications are terrible, so eventually I arrived at the compromise of, "alternate between golden age and stuff I actually want to read,' as well as reading all the new stuff each week.
    And while I may have entered recently, god DAMN did I get hooked fast.
    Probably getting the Rogue & Gambit paperback and a subscription to Mr. and Mrs. X for my birthday.