Page 326 of 357 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Yeah like nostalgia? Also wanted to do a shout-out/gloat at Marjorie Liu, but could be moot point because apparently she's been written off the Marvel Universe (she only works at Image now?) I recall her stating she hated Rogue and Gambit, and wanted so much to put Gambit w/Cecilia Reyes, and I thought, yikes. Agenda! Also, I didn't see the wedding coming, but am so delighted, I bought the variant and thought they looked amazing...I'm pleased with the MMX previews, oh just lovely!

Over the years I've really parred down my collection: down to about 40 Romy issues. And now adding X-men Gold #30, its 2nd print, MMX, and the RG Trade paperback!
    Doesn't KT have a Romy agenda so not sure the problem. Every writer has an agenda. Only question is whether it aligns with yours.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut was an X-Men movie. We need more movies like that for Rogue, too bad it was not the final movie. we don't need any Avengers style movie for Rogue, it will carry the same problems UA did with her.
    You lost me when you say any Fox X-men movie did Rogue correctly/well. And UA volume 3&4 were pretty much X-books with Inhuman/Avenger guess stars.

Sad thing is the crappy "re-imaginations" goes to Avengers movies not X-Men.The recent years of Avengers movie are terrible compared to Fox recent of Logan and DOFP that shows how complex, drama driven and serious the X-Universe is compared to the CGI action driven comedy non-ploted Avengers films that makes DOFP: The Rogue cut look like a flawless masterpiece. that seem to carry on to their comics. xmen comics is the exact opposite, characters like Rogue don't fit that Mold, so the less of them in comics too, the better. Mr and Mrs X should treat the last 5 years of UA as not cannon.

If Legion can have his own personal world, surely Rogue and Gambit can have one too. Gambit already does with his Louisiana Thieves and Assassin Background.
    Honestly I like some of the MCU/Disney movies AND some of the Fox/Sony movies, but for entirely different reasons and I'm glad to have had both. Why limit ourselves? I say keep an open mind. I LOVE the dark gritty realism and brutality in Logan, the unapologetic sexual content, tasteless humor, and violence of Deadpool. They play outside the lines and explore the fullness of movie genres. The New Mutants movie looks phenomenal and I'm still hoping they tackle Gambit. But the Disney movies appeal to a larger audience, have bigger production values, and work better from a purely superhero perspective. They have a huge interconnectedness that I love, especially for epic events like Infinity Wars and really capture the essence of the comics. I love the humor of those lovable losers in Guardians. So why choose and why argue about who is best? Let's have both! I want to see what Disney could do with X-Men. Comics as a whole ARE complex, that's half the fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    You lost me when you say any Fox X-men movie did Rogue correctly/well. And UA volume 3&4 were pretty much X-books with Inhuman/Avenger guess stars.
    It depends on the Rogue. I see movie rogue more like 1610 Rogue or Evolution Rogue without the emo appearance. You lost me when you tried to undermine DOFP Rogue Cut. That was the best Rogue in films and likely will ever be, as I said it was a shame it was not the final movie.

Uncanny Avengers is not an authentic XBook like Uncanny X-Men. Inhumans/Avengers are not guest stars they are distractions that derail xmen books and contribute nothing to X-Men. Rogue spent 6 years in UA in a limbo.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-14-2018 at 11:02 AM.

It depends on the Rogue. I see movie rogue more like 1610 Rogue or Evolution Rogue without the emo appearance. You lost me when you tried to undermine DOFP Rogue Cut. That was the best Rogue in films and likely will ever be, as I said it was a shame it was not the final movie.

Uncanny Avengers is not an authentic XBook like Uncanny X-Men. Inhumans/Avengers are not guest stars they are distractions that derail xmen books and contribute nothing to X-Men. Rogue spent 6 years in UA in a limbo.
    I like Rogue but DOFP theatrical version as movie is better then Rogue Cut.

I'm not fond of emo!Rogue like depicted in Evolution or (worse) in the movies. I prefer sassy Rogue.

Rogue was NOT in limbo in UA. Getting stuck in the Seige Perilous for 14 months was limbo. Getting written out of the X-books after X-Men #45 was limbo. UA was Rogue being a part of a book that wasn't part of the X-Line. What is wrong with X-Characters being exposed to the wider Marvel Universe? Beast was part of the Avenger Books from 1975 to 1982. People wanting X-Charactors in their sepperate X-World seems so Xenophobic to me...

The only characters done well in the movies were Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine(Jackman saved some terrible movies). The Rogue cut was a laugh. Every X-man forgets about her, except apparently Bobby. Bobby knows where she is being held, and never tells anyone else until they need her. Rogue is so much more complex than having angst with her inability to touch people which was 90% of her story in the movies. And don't get me started on her crush on Logan. Singer took Rogue and squeezed her into Jubilee's role, and then used her as the plot device for the movie. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the 1st movie and DOFP for what they were, but they did no favors for any other character who wasn't Wolvie, Xavier, Mag and one cool moment for Quicksilver. And what Fox did with Gambit........

I am going to stop here about the movies. They have been debated numerous times else where.(BTW LOVED Logan & the Deadpool movies!)

Rogue had some of her best development in years in Uncanny Avengers. And I am grateful for that because some of the X-books where a mess at the time. However I am glad to see her return to more of a X-men title. And I hope we see her and Gambit featured more in the team books. Gambit has been written fairly well in X-men Red, and it will be interesting how Taylor handles Gambit once Red catches up in the timeline to the wedding in X-men Gold #30.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 07-14-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Hmm, at least UA did help to give Rogue more development, I give them that.
    But I'm still sour about the X-Men being a "less preferable franchise" these days. I guess I'm stuck in the 90's, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    Hmm, at least UA did help to give Rogue more development, I give them that.
    But I'm still sour about the X-Men being a "less preferable franchise" these days. I guess I'm stuck in the 90's, lol.
    Yeah, but I kind of feel like that is turning around? Can you imagine if they released a movie right now with a character line-up similar to XTAS? For a whole generation, THAT line-up is the defining X-Men, more so than the 05, and it goes beyond those still reading comics. And Marvel is sinking more into advertising the X-line this last year. Plus some of these new writers are just stellar, so they investing there as well. I think it's only going to get better in the next several years.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, but I kind of feel like that is turning around? Can you imagine if they released a movie right now with a character line-up similar to XTAS? For a whole generation, THAT line-up is the defining X-Men, more so than the 05, and it goes beyond those still reading comics. And Marvel is sinking more into advertising the X-line this last year. Plus some of these new writers are just stellar, so they investing there as well. I think it's only going to get better in the next several years.
    True. Looking forward to X-Men Red and Mr&MrsX.

Spectacular Member

Remy/Bella Donna >>>>>>> Remy/Cecelia.

I really liked Bella Donna. she really captured the first love story with Gambit many people experience.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bella Donna for MMX. Just to see her reaction, as a frenemy? I'm still thinking of that Remy and the Guild episode on XTAS, with some great lines: "They are going to waste my brother." "I'm not a thief nor an assassin, I'm an X-Man" And Bella announcing the wedding and Rogue can't believe it. And Wolverine there just to stop a wedding.

It's a shame Rogue isn't wearing the Shi'ar mining suit into space. It did have one useful advantage. It had a low-level force field. Rogue and Gambit could smooch and there would be a barrier between them. (Still doesn't make up for Rogue gaining control of her power.)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    It's a shame Rogue isn't wearing the Shi'ar mining suit into space. It did have one useful advantage. It had a low-level force field. Rogue and Gambit could smooch and there would be a barrier between them. (Still doesn't make up for Rogue gaining control of her power.)
    Do you think she held on to that thing? Like it's sitting in a box somewhere?

I AM really digging their space suits in the MMX preview. It's nice to see Rogue in something different and I like all the black on it.

BANNED

I think they should both have big wardrobes and wear all kinds of different stuff.