Page 170 of 357 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 5343

I feel bad that KT actually posted in there and was still cold shouldered by Gambit fans. I hope she doesn't let it get to her!

Incredible Member

I know, ugh. And the poster calling her honey? Gross. With every post, interview, and tweet I am more and more impressed with her excitement, commitment, and thoughtfulness. I can’t wait for January 3rd. Even Duggan tweeted the first issue was a hoot. Although that doesn’t mean I’m forgiving him.

I really hope the book turns out a success for her. Also, does anyone know if pre-ordering the book internationally contribute to sales? Or do sales only count within America?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I really hope the book turns out a success for her.
    Same. I hope the MCU is watching and taking notice!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

MCU? Putting the cart a little ahead of the horse, eh? But I think she has a firm grasp on the characters. She seems to genuinely love both them and yet understands they can't just be pasted together without some work which appears we'll get. I always said that they could not be put back together without this, but it'd never work within a team book. It's interesting that it worked out this way. So we know if KT pitched the book or was she approached to write it? If it was the latter I think it has a better chance of becoming an ongoing seeing as it'll have more editor support.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    MCU? Putting the cart a little ahead of the horse, eh? But I think she has a firm grasp on the characters. She seems to genuinely love both them and yet understands they can't just be pasted together without some work which appears we'll get. I always said that they could not be put back together without this, but it'd never work within a team book. It's interesting that it worked out this way. So we know if KT pitched the book or was she approached to write it? If it was the latter I think it has a better chance of becoming an ongoing seeing as it'll have more editor support.
    Not really. This is the best time to start building up hype and demand and if Marvel sees that this sells, they'll see who is in demand for the movies. Especially after some posters claimed that Rogue has not been iconic or popular for years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I know, ugh. And the poster calling her honey? Gross. With every post, interview, and tweet I am more and more impressed with her excitement, commitment, and thoughtfulness. I can’t wait for January 3rd. Even Duggan tweeted the first issue was a hoot. Although that doesn’t mean I’m forgiving him.
    To be fair, that guy was not a Gambit fan, he a rabid magneto, anti-Gambit fan ( but makes obnoxious posts none the less.)

International sales count to marvel, but don't show up on the sales charts that pop up on the forums. Those lists aren't from marvel, but from a third party who make estimates asked on Diamond's ( an American company) sales rankings. Diamond tells comic retailers what comics rank number one , two etc... Someone else estimates sales from that.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    To be fair, that guy was not a Gambit fan, he a rabid magneto, anti-Gambit fan ( but makes obnoxious posts none the less.)

International sales count to marvel, but don't show up on the sales charts that pop up on the forums. Those lists aren't from marvel, but from a third party who make estimates asked on Diamond's ( an American company) sales rankings. Diamond tells comic retailers what comics rank number one , two etc... Someone else estimates sales from that.
    KT’s been emphasizing how pre-order helps the most with sales which then boosts the chances of the mini becoming an on-going. So I guess pre-ordering it even outside of America helps then?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Not really. This is the best time to start building up hype and demand and if Marvel sees that this sells, they'll see who is in demand for the movies. Especially after some posters claimed that Rogue has not been iconic or popular for years.
    To be honest, I don't think comic reader appeal is too high on their priority list. However, a large chunk of their viewing audience knows the two as a couple of sorts from the 90s show. Said t many times. Only a fraction of those fans turned into readers, but those same viewers are now fans of the movies. Even up until X3 people were asking "when are Gambit and Rogue going to be in a movie together?" Best bet is to rely on that fan power rather than ours. Millions vs a few thousand. Their influence and money generating potential trumps us infinitely.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

KT’s been emphasizing how pre-order helps the most with sales which then boosts the chances of the mini becoming an on-going. So I guess pre-ordering it even outside of America helps then?
    Yeah, it still helps. It still counts to Marvel (the only ones who matter, lol)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    To be honest, I don't think comic reader appeal is too high on their priority list. However, a large chunk of their viewing audience knows the two as a couple of sorts from the 90s show. Said t many times. Only a fraction of those fans turned into readers, but those same viewers are now fans of the movies. Even up until X3 people were asking "when are Gambit and Rogue going to be in a movie together?" Best bet is to rely on that fan power rather than ours. Millions vs a few thousand. Their influence and money generating potential trumps us infinitely.
    Maybe not for all their movies, like GOTG and Ant-Man, but Captain Marvel and Black Panther got confirmed for films because of fan reaction and demand. Most people outside of the comics wouldn't be aware of them at all, since even the subpar TV shows really didn't get into them until after their announcements. So Rogue and Gambit have an even stronger advantage as you said.

If we can have an Antman and The Wasp movie, I don’t see why we can’t have a Rogue and Gambit movie tbh

BANNED

If we can have an Antman and The Wasp movie, I don’t see why we can’t have a Rogue and Gambit movie tbh
    Completely and utterly agree. We need to get this trending.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Oh yeah, you definitely don’t need to read between the lines to see he doesn’t like Gambit. He’s not very subtle.

And I’m pretty sure that KT tweeted something awhile back that she pitched it to Marvel. It sounds like it may have been pitched two years ago or so, if I remember correctly. (If you want to stalk her tweets to find it, it was around the time of the announcement and there is a drawing she did of Rogue and Kate Bishop.)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Completely and utterly agree. We need to get this trending.
    The two characters haven't even met yet lol! Gambit hasn't even been introduced into the current timeline and Rogue doesn't even have an actress anymore. Hold your horses . However I have to disagree on a couple points. Your comparing the ambiguity of Antman and GotG to Gambit/Rogue, like "if those unknowns would work, so will this". Antman and GotG worked simply because of the Marvel logo. They've created a bond of trust and recognition among fans. That logo guarantees a 90+ million dollar opening weekend no matter franchise. I don't think Gambit and Rogue are in that same boat. Because of the 90s show millions upon millions are aware of both characters even those same people have never held a comic book in their hand. It's an easy bet. My cautioning is time related. Nothing is set up and I'm not being a downer, just realistic. Studious aren't paying attention to comic sales. If they were, they'd run for the hills.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel didn't come fruition due to fan outcry for them individually. BP and CM are here due to movie goers and media/social pressure to see more diversity on the screen in way of a person of color leading a major super hero movie in the modern era (modern, because we've had Blade and... Steel) and a female main protagonist. Up until now, Marvel hasn't had neither. Look at the original Avengers movie. The only non-white character was Sam Jackson. I'm black myself of Jamaican/Bahamian descent. I can tell you, most if not everyone I know OUTSIDE of two people who kinda read knew who BP was before Civil War. They weren't clamouring for him and Marvel wasn't "waiting for the right time", they simply weren't sure that their demographic would come out to support a major film headed by a black man or a woman. But like I said, that Marvel logo has built such brand recognition and loyalty they can put just about anything up there and see a positive return. It's safe now. Don't be insulted by that, it's just plain business. Personally, I think they waited too long. They had enough juice to get BP and CM going right after the first Avengers movie. IMO they should be working on their sequels by now.

I can almost guarantee you though, if Gambit does become part of a proper X-Men team that resembles the 90s animated team, Marvel is going to exploit the Gambit/Rogue relationship. It's still a influence on the general audience. Marvel likes recognizable themes.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 12-07-2017 at 08:30 AM.
    Guild Member