Page 198 of 357 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Could the other person be jubilee?
    Maybe. But that thing on neck reminds me 90's Gambit. Will see

Thanks for the props, everyone.

I thought 38k is a lot? What is a good sales number?

As far as the sexy scene KT's been promising in #3: I'm almost positive it will be a flashback, either to Antarctica or the days of X-Treme X-men. Simply because when she was asked if there would be any memorable kiss scenes, she said something to the effect of "Yes, and you might...MIGHT...just see one in current time!".

The Asmus solo debuted at 40,418 and that was with double shipping. Deadpool vs Gambit debuted at 65,773. So those numbers don't scream making it an ongoing but maybe 2 and beyond will pick up sales from Gambit fans that were pissed with 1.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Thanks for the props, everyone.

I thought 38k is a lot? What is a good sales number?
    X-men resurrextion solo series:
    13 11 Jean Grey 1 $3.99 Marvel 70,702
    16 15 Cable 1 $3.99 Marvel 60,845
    62 52 Iceman 1 $3.99 Marvel 34,202

I know that todays market is weaker and R+G had tough competition (Phoenix Ressurection for example) but these numbers doesn't look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    X-men resurrextion solo series:
    13 11 Jean Grey 1 $3.99 Marvel 70,702
    16 15 Cable 1 $3.99 Marvel 60,845
    62 52 Iceman 1 $3.99 Marvel 34,202

I know that todays market is weaker and R+G had tough competition (Phoenix Ressurection for example) but these numbers doesn't look great.
    All these three books were announced as ongoings. Alsonso told years ago that word Mini kills book from the start. That is why all new books from Marvel were ongoings. Even books that would survive only 6 issues max. Even Iceman survived 11 and was announced as ongoing.
    Still don`t get why R&G book was announced as mini from the start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    All these three books were announced as ongoings. Alsonso told years ago that word Mini kills book from the start. That is why all new books from Marvel were ongoings. Even books that would survive only 6 issues max. Even Iceman survived 11 and was announced as ongoing.
    You are right.

These books were also launched during X-men Ressurextion and because of that they had better marketing.
    I only worte that sales are not great right?
    I didn't write that they are terrible or something.

You are right.

These books were also launched during X-men Ressurextion and because of that they had better marketing.
    Ecerythin is ok. Yeah, Ressurxion books had better marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Because it is a mini. They only are committing to 5 issues and the creative team is moving on to their next project. Iceman was 11 issues. At 11 issues, thats not really a mini

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because it is a mini. They only are committing to 5 issues and the creative team is moving on to their next project. Iceman was 11 issues. At 11 issues, thats not really a mini
    At the same time Alonso told that it would become an ongoing if sales were good. Books are not selling good without marketing.

You are right.

Yeah true but on the flip side it exceeded expectation and sold out so we dont have a real taste of what it should have done. It would have overshadowed a fair number of ongoings then

Spectacular Member

Speaking of having kids....

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

( I know I'm early—that's because I'll be way too shitfaced for the next two nights to remember to post this, lol)

This is so beautiful Spas! Your art always makes me so happy! Please never stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    This is so beautiful Spas! Your art always makes me so happy! Please never stop.
    Spas, I wish you were drawing a Gambit/Rogue bok for Marvel. It would be so enjoyable. You really help me keep afloat in the current comics climate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Yeah true but on the flip side it exceeded expectation and sold out so we dont have a real taste of what it should have done. It would have overshadowed a fair number of ongoings then
    As long as we remember that it doesn't mean anything...

Marvel had their own expectations. Market has different. Maybe R+G(without reprints) had sales good enough for Marvel or maybe even with reprints they are not good enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The Asmus solo debuted at 40,418 and that was with double shipping. Deadpool vs Gambit debuted at 65,773. So those numbers don't scream making it an ongoing but maybe 2 and beyond will pick up sales from Gambit fans that were pissed with 1.
    It is one of the better books Rogue and Gambit have been on. The book could end up having better legs than their own team books with no pressure. Both characters have felt stagnant for years. Its great to have a solo book that focuses on them. X-Men Red may turn out disappointing for Gambit's character equalling Uncanny Avengers very disappointing for Rogue. R+G having a solo title is what suits them for now. Would like to see them build themselves up again away from everything.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Speaking of having kids....

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

( I know I'm early—that's because I'll be way too shitfaced for the next two nights to remember to post this, lol)

That's very nice you're very talented!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!