Page 1 of 357 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Gambit and Rogue Appreciation

The Rogue and Gambit Neutral Zone. A happy place.

(Special thanks to Gemmy for starting the original Gambit and Rogue appreciation thread)

Last edited by Dantes617; 04-30-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Prettier than you. - Remy Shiver's Avatar

I'm happy they are separated (room to grow outside of a unstable relationship) but still a huge part of me loves seeing them together. James Asmus showed how fun and flirty they are even when broken up, and in the end I want them to grow old together.

WOOO, thank goodness somebody restarted this thread...I had an enormous panic attack at first, lol! Is there any way we can save or repost all of the wonderful art and links from the original thread?

Glad to see all that made the jump to the new CBR- of course my first new post would have to be in the Romy thread

Just a few picture contributions.. I suck for not being able to credit all the original artists, I'm sorry. Hopefully they know how awesome they are

Jadranko
    gambit_and_rogue_by_jadranko_jin-d54myir.jpg

Avionetica
    gogue_and_gambit_by_Avionetca.jpg

Dunno this one
    so close yet so far away desktop.jpg

Couple more, because one can never have enough ROMY

Clay Mann <3
    screw u mags clay mann.jpg

Sugah and Spice by FirstFruits (personal fav- this is my phone's lock screen... now that I finally stopped seeing nekkid Gambit everywhere. THANKS, ANKA )
    sugah_and_spice_by_firstfruits-d4licjp.jpg

death.jpg
    Last edited by Spasticat; 04-30-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Supposed to be workin' on my damned story...can't stop looking at pictures...damnit.... (I'm not posting my own crap cuz it makes me feel like a pompous ass, but if you want to see it you can click on the 'home' link under my avatar to go to my deviantart page).

GreatLP
    G_A_M_B_I_T_n___R_O_G_U_E_by_greatLP.jpg

JIM LEE
    xm 4.jpg

Ultimate X-Men
    Uxannual1.jpg

BANNED

I want Gambit and Rogue to get back together. marvel doesn't have any good romances anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Supposed to be workin' on my damned story...can't stop looking at pictures...damnit.... (I'm not posting my own crap cuz it makes me feel like a pompous ass, but if you want to see it you can click on the 'home' link under my avatar to go to my deviantart page).
    Please, please, please post your original works. They are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I want Gambit and Rogue to get back together. marvel doesn't have any good romances anymore.
    Tell me about. I have to read Superman/Wonder Women for a good romance.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

Awesome! Romy thread is back! Thanks, Dantes617!

My favourite Romy pic,
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on this subject if you have a moment: Why do you suppose Rogue always pushes Gambit away? I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that he will always love her, and would do just about anything if she'd admit she (still) loves him too. It's obvious from the Gambit series that she still has feelings for him, but apparently they're not as strong as his and/or she refuses to act on them.

Why do you think that is? (And no blaming bad editors who decide to throw 180° angst-ridden plot twists to keep Anna & Remy apart- enough writers have done it that I have to say that Rogue's reticence must have an actual cause).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I love the pairing. its one of the reasons she and him are in my top 5. I love them seperate as well.
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    So, I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on this subject if you have a moment: Why do you suppose Rogue always pushes Gambit away? I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that he will always love her, and would do just about anything if she'd admit she (still) loves him too. It's obvious from the Gambit series that she still has feelings for him, but apparently they're not as strong as his and/or she refuses to act on them.

Why do you think that is? (And no blaming bad editors who decide to throw 180° angst-ridden plot twists to keep Anna & Remy apart- enough writers have done it that I have to say that Rogue's reticence must have an actual cause).
    So, I think, when Rogue couldn't control her powers, it made some sense for her to want to keep her distance in the relationship. Or, at least, it was a plausible (albeit slightly frustrating) excuse. Thus, the constant back and forth. However, now that she has had control for awhile, I'm just not sure. It seems like she uses every excuse in the book. "I need me time", "I can't control myself around you", "I'm living vicariously through Legacy", etc. Honestly, for me, her entire characterization took a hit when she gained control, and she just hasn't been the same since. (I know, I know, I can't blame editorial.) So, since her portrayals recently in Legacy, UA, X-Men, and Gambit have been so different from one another, I'll just say that she is probably a very confused woman.