Page 310 of 357 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5343
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I already posted this in the Gambit thread but it's definitely relevant to this thread as well. In this podcast, http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/04...cionably-sexy/, starting at the 46 minute mark listen to what Kelly Thompson thinks of Rogneto if you're interested in listening to her perspective. She basically agrees with a lot of our sentiments in that it wasn't developed properly and we never hear Rogue's reasoning for pursuing a relationship with Mags. I just wish she would've somehow addressed this in the mini to put everything regarding Rogneto to rest.
    I keep thinking that maybe Rogue was just young and confused. A lot of women are attracted to powerful men--and whether he's on the side of the angels or the devils--Magneto is a great man. She may have even subconsciously looked at him as a type of father figure. I hope that Gambit and Rogue will still be married when I'm dead of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I apologize in advance for this post. It's possibly the nerdiest thing I have ever done.

Rogue and Gambit is more metrically balanced than Gambit and Rogue. In the first, you have alternating stressed and unstressed syllables. In the second, it's stressed, unstressed, unstressed, stressed. As a result, the first has better, more consistent rhythm.

And I can't believe I have spent part of my Friday night diagramming the metrics of X-Men names.

I dunno why Nelson & Murdock sounds better, though. I suspect it has to do with the [k] stop at the end of Murdock.
    WAVE that flag and WAVE IT proud baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Forgive me but this is classy AF
    Fokken, you don't want to come join us?! ; ) j/k, I'm about done tilting at windmills anyway.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I apologize in advance for this post. It's possibly the nerdiest thing I have ever done.

Rogue and Gambit is more metrically balanced than Gambit and Rogue. In the first, you have alternating stressed and unstressed syllables. In the second, it's stressed, unstressed, unstressed, stressed. As a result, the first has better, more consistent rhythm.

And I can't believe I have spent part of my Friday night diagramming the metrics of X-Men names.

I dunno why Nelson & Murdock sounds better, though. I suspect it has to do with the [k] stop at the end of Murdock.
    Thank you very much for this scientific analysis of why it’s better this way.
    And I think it’s the K stop, since Murdon & Nelsock sounds better than Nelsock and Murdon, and all I did was switch the ending sound.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I thought about joining in the debate, but I felt you handled it very well. No need to rehash the points you were already making. Also I feel that when some says "A writer said this an interview" it has no standing within the comics' canon. If it isn't in the comic, I don't buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I thought about joining in the debate, but I felt you handled it very well. No need to rehash the points you were already making. Also I feel that when some says "A writer said this an interview" it has no standing within the comics' canon. If it isn't in the comic, I don't buy into it.
    Yeah, I don't usually bother and now I remember why. Not everyone is going to hold characters to the same standards. For either side of the camp (Rogue or Gambit) that is invested in only one character, nothing short of having one throwing themself at the feet of the other, saying they were garbage and wrong and begging forgiveness would have sufficed to make things right. Judging by the success of the book, the way KT handled it was sufficient enough for a pretty large number of fans. So if a few didn't like it, so be it. Can't please everyone. Time to move forward and get excited for this ongoing!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I don't usually bother and now I remember why. Not everyone is going to hold characters to the same standards. For either side of the camp (Rogue or Gambit) that is invested in only one character, nothing short of having one throwing themself at the feet of the other, saying they were garbage and wrong and begging forgiveness would have sufficed to make things right. Judging by the success of the book, the way KT handled it was sufficient enough for a pretty large number of fans. So if a few didn't like it, so be it. Can't please everyone. Time to move forward and get excited for this ongoing!
    If you actually combine the amount of people in both threads that are against the wedding and the upcoming book, you'll realize that the number is lower than ten people.
    Meanwhile the activity in this thread has gone over the roof, with new users joining in a weekly basis and more than 50 pages in less than a month!
    So yeah I'd say that the reception of Mr & Mrs X has been overwhelmingly positive, hopefully it'll translate in good sales numbers

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    If you actually combine the amount of people in both threads that are against the wedding and the upcoming book, you'll realize that the number is lower than ten people.
    Meanwhile the activity in this thread has gone over the roof, with new users joining in a weekly basis and more than 50 pages in less than a month!
    So yeah I'd say that the reception of Mr & Mrs X has been overwhelmingly positive, hopefully it'll translate in good sales numbers
    I'm so happy about this, honestly the rational part of my head is still arguing about the bait and swicth was kind of crappy..... but the emotional part is just like "this is what i wanted since my childhood" .

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I agree. I am glad that new people are joining forum to say that they are happy about the wedding

KT answered my question

Any hopes to see Mr. Sinister in MMX? No way Essex would miss Remy's marriage. What do you think about Gambit/Sinister relationship? Sinister was always near whe Gambit needed real help. They could be best buds if Gambit wasn't hating him

He’s not in the first arc, no.
    And Mr. Sinister not being at their wedding was probably one of the best reasons ever to get married on the fly as they did.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    KT answered my question

Any hopes to see Mr. Sinister in MMX? No way Essex would miss Remy's marriage. What do you think about Gambit/Sinister relationship? Sinister was always near whe Gambit needed real help. They could be best buds if Gambit wasn't hating him

He’s not in the first arc, no.
    And Mr. Sinister not being at their wedding was probably one of the best reasons ever to get married on the fly as they did.
    She has a point.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

@KT

Why can't rogue be pregnant. realistically where can you take this marriage. Its kids or divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    @KT

Why can't rogue be pregnant. realistically where can you take this marriage. Its kids or divorce.
    For one thing, Rogue has not regained control of her powers again. Heck, nothing has been done in almost 4 years to figure out why she lost control when Xavier "fixed" her. Then there is the whole mess with the Terrigen Mists. We don't if it effected her ability to even have children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I don't think hardcore Remy fans want Rogue to be submissive/a pushover and I'm sure most know he wouldn't be in to that. I think what ticked off many of them (me included) is that for years Rogue has been written as constantly pushing Remy away or running away from Remy. I know she has her reasons considering their past and her insecurities, but the relationship just seemed so incredibly one-sided. I know Remy loves her more than anything but even the most devoted passionately in love person eventually falls out of love because of that. Yes, Remy has his faults and has definitely made mistakes in their relationship, but these have been addressed in various canon moments in the comics so both Remy and Rogue should've moved past this years ago. Then Remy has a great mature moment with his "harbor" speech to Rogue in Xmen Legacy, which was conveniently ignored by Soule in Astonishing and even KT in R&G #1, where he lets Rogue know he's done with the will they/won't they angst and is committed to her. Almost immediately after Rogue sleeps with Magneto and begins a relationship with him. I never would've had an issue with the Rogneto pairing if Mike Carey had written some dialogue or thought bubbles explaining Rogue's thought processes for choosing Mags. Especially considering she knew his role in Antarctica and the rest of his shady/villain past. KT even brings up in R&G #3 how Antarctica was the root of all their issues but doesn't address Mags. I've never had any issues with Rogue's decision to not be with Remy and I actually think she was in the right to make the decision to explore other men, but I would've really liked KT to explain Rogue's decision to be with Mags instead of just leaving it as a plothole. I don't know if this will ever be addressed.

Nevertheless I am very glad Gambit and Rogue are in KT's hands since she clearly loves both of them and I wouldn't want either of them to go into limbo. I do love how she has developed both characters, more so Rogue but I think she'll develop Remy too in the Mr and Mrs. X. The fact that she's done her homework on continuity and has a grasp for both's personality is huge for me. So I'm extremely excited to see where she goes with them in Mr and Mrs X (I'll be buying all issues) but I can see why some Remy fans are apprehensive or aren't particularly fond of Rogue considering what's happened in the past. However I'm sure KT has the potential to win them over, she's already won me over.
    She knew his shady past when he killed Zaladane right in front of her and ripped Wolverine's adamantium out. She still pursued him at the drop of a dime. Why? Because she understands his motivations and his justifications. That's always been pretty obvious. Basically she knows he has a complex and conflicted heart. Not sure why this fanbase needs that spelled out for them.

I have to wonder. Was this part in Astonishing foreshadowing the wedding event in Gold? Was this on purpose?

Last edited by Jopi; 07-07-2018 at 03:05 PM.