Page 330 of 357 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5343

The DeathBit plot doesn't need to be revisited. Blood of Apocalypse is arguably the worst Gambit story arc of all time.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Didn’t know if this had been shared here or not as I came across it looking for something else. Yay for #1! https://screenrant.com/x-men-couples-hurt-saved/

(This is not an endorsement of the entire list. )
    Yeah, found it in my news feed. Pretty funny. By time I got to 3 I knew who was #1. I was "I was like ahh &#&# look what's going on here" lol. I was cool.

But there are a couple things on the list I don't agree with. I don't see how Bishop & Deathbird hurt anyone or what Ultimate Colossus and Northstar saved... It was the Ultimate Universe. Interesting but ultimately forgotten. Probably going to upset people that Wolverine and Jean is counted among the hurt. It was a point of contention and help drive the plot within the X-Men for years. It made the X-Men being akin to a soap opera real.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-15-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Ok...time to start saving...I am going to pass on the Rogue mini-bust by Bowen and pick up this gorgeous beauty!!

It won't be available until sometime in 2019 or early 2020.
    Wow, that's gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    There’s always that stupid fitted sheet that’s impossible to fold and makes me look like an idiot when I try to figure out which is the “long” side only to still screw it up when I’m putting it on that he could yank off the bed. But if he’s anything like me and hates those things with a fiery passion, he’ll probably just forgo that. Naked it is!

I laughed so hard at this I actually cried.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    ROTFL You almost made me spit out my drink! Bahahaha

Hey these people knew what they were signing up for. And yeah . . . I'm gonna need at least 3 copies with the variants, plus the digital release because no way I'm sitting though 8 hours of work before I find out what happens.
    Ugh, same. I went from spending no $ on comics in YEARS to about $100 within the span of a month.
    I’m running to my comic book store as soon as they open the day MMX releases and there will be hell to pay if they don’t have it in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I love how Romy is listed as the #1 couple that saved the x-men and Rogneto is the first couple listed as a couple that hurt the x-men. The author writes:
    "More than anything, fans simply didn’t seem to be sold on exactly what the two saw in each other or why they suddenly fell for one another.

Eventually, Marvel recognized this and the two were no longer together, but the decision to pair them up remains one of the most baffling ones in recent X-Men history."

That right there is so true. It's great to see Romy get the recognition it deserves, it's been a long time coming.
    Rogneto creeped me out almost as much as Prof X lusting after Teen Jean in Onslaught. In both cases, the guys are old enough to be the girls' grandfathers. Yuck! I hope that Remy and Rogue are still together once I've passed on of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Rogneto creeped me out almost as much as Prof X lusting after Teen Jean in Onslaught. In both cases, the guys are old enough to be the girls' grandfathers. Yuck! I hope that Remy and Rogue are still together once I've passed on of old age.
    Rogneto brought me back into reading comics after a 6+ year hiatus. I wasn't delighted, no. I was mortified and wanted to know how in the world it happened... After $75+ of back issues leading up to Legacy 249, I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post

Ugh, same. I went from spending no $ on comics in YEARS to about $100 within the span of a month.
    I’m running to my comic book store as soon as they open the day MMX releases and there will be hell to pay if they don’t have it in.
    Me too. Whether they sell 20,000 issues or not, they got extra bump in revenue from those only buying for tony stuff

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Rogneto brought me back into reading comics after a 6+ year hiatus. I wasn't delighted, no. I was mortified and wanted to know how in the world it happened... After $75+ of back issues leading up to Legacy 249, I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Kelly had a few really good asks and responses on that topic on Tumblr, but I'm reticent to repost them here lest we dredge up more arguments on the matter and rehash those all over again. I'm pretty weary with all the infighting. Personally I really like her interpretation and it resounds with my take of those events, but I know it will never satisfy certain individuals. But I suggest you go check out Tumblr. It's just really nice to have a writer that is so responsive to fans. Glad she hasn't been totally soured on the experience. Well at least not yet!

So on another line of thought, Red #6 is out Wednesday and the preview didn't tell us much regarding Gambit. Does anybody here think he's the sleeper agent from the preview? I think no given the way he joined up. Will we get any dialogue that will clue us in as to when these events take place - i.e. before or after marrying Rogue? If it's after, I can't see how Storm or Laura wouldn't ask about her/them.

Kelly had a few really good asks and responses on that topic on Tumblr, but I'm reticent to repost them here lest we dredge up more arguments on the matter and rehash those all over again. I'm pretty weary with all the infighting. Personally I really like her interpretation and it resounds with my take of those events, but I know it will never satisfy certain individuals. But I suggest you go check out Tumblr. It's just really nice to have a writer that is so responsive to fans. Glad she hasn't been totally soured on the experience. Well at least not yet!

So on another line of thought, Red #6 is out Wednesday and the preview didn't tell us much regarding Gambit. Does anybody here think he's the sleeper agent from the preview? I think no given the way he joined up. Will we get any dialogue that will clue us in as to when these events take place - i.e. before or after marrying Rogue? If it's after, I can't see how Storm or Laura wouldn't ask about her/them.
    I did read then and asked her a couple of things (not those two), i sort of agreed with her take and i would take it as an explanation, even when it wasn't what Carey intended but what he inteded was crap IMO, so i'm going to roll with it, i'm not petty enough to hold grudge against fictional characters.

I wouldn't post then here thought, i'm not in the mood to go around the same circles again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I did read then and asked her a couple of things (not those two), i sort of agreed with her take and i would take it as an explanation, even when it wasn't what Carey intended but what he inteded was crap IMO, so i'm going to roll with it, i'm not petty enough to hold grudge against fictional characters.

I wouldn't post then here thought, i'm not in the mood to go around the same circles again.
    Now I want to check out Tumblr...to bad it is blocked here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That's so sad that after all that money spent Carey couldn't explain this "relationship" because I truly believe it was inexplicable. I personally have read as many issues that I could stomach on the marvel unlimited app. I don't believe for one second there could have been a brilliant enough writer to explain her reasoning or true motives (other than she was completely insane) that she would "FALL IN LOVE" with someone with worse crimes than her actual first love. That she would magically fall head over heels for this man who put them through hell and whom she described as having "raped her mind" amongst many other terrible things. Fall for someone who caused them so much hell and would have gotten Gambit freakin' DEAD. I should probably refrain from commenting on this but it's bothered me so damn much. It just doesn't make sense. And okay, so you "can't choose who you love" or whatever but this was just too damn far fetched IMO. I don't care who you are that ish is pretty unforgivable. Although Carey did deliver some pretty decent moments it wasn't enough to make up for the BS he tried to pull with the Rogne... I can't even type it. Dammit!

This is all I'll say about it, this is just my opinion on the subject. If you don't agree I respect your opinion but I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and mine sure as heck won't be changed either.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Now I want to check out Tumblr...to bad it is blocked here at work.
    I sent ya a msg.
    I read the post last night and I can accept this with some comfort (although not much) but it did help make me feel better.

Yeah I read it. I think the question actually came from someone we know here... But I'm not pointing fingers unless they want to speak up lol.
    Guild Member

BANNED

That's so sad that after all that money spent Carey couldn't explain this "relationship" because I truly believe it was inexplicable. I personally have read as many issues that I could stomach on the marvel unlimited app. I don't believe for one second there could have been a brilliant enough writer to explain her reasoning or true motives (other than she was completely insane) that she would "FALL IN LOVE" with someone with worse crimes than her actual first love. That she would magically fall head over heels for this man who put them through hell and whom she described as having "raped her mind" amongst many other terrible things. Fall for someone who caused them so much hell and would have gotten Gambit freakin' DEAD. I should probably refrain from commenting on this but it's bothered me so damn much. It just doesn't make sense. And okay, so you "can't choose who you love" or whatever but this was just too damn far fetched IMO. I don't care who you are that ish is pretty unforgivable. Although Carey did deliver some pretty decent moments it wasn't enough to make up for the BS he tried to pull with the Rogne... I can't even type it. Dammit!

This is all I'll say about it, this is just my opinion on the subject. If you don't agree I respect your opinion but I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and mine sure as heck won't be changed either.

I sent ya a msg.
    I read the post last night and I can accept this with some comfort (although not much) but it did help make me feel better.
    Because Carey was a self insert of Magneto. humans don't sometimes explain why they do things. they just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Wow, that's gorgeous
    That is pretty. By 2020, I may have been able to save enough to afford it. I'm sure it'll be several hundred. :P

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

i'm
    in
    wisconsin
    and
    will
    be
    camping
    at
    an
    airshow

Eh, maybe I can get my grandma to take me.
    But yeah, for X-23 #1, I had to work at 11:00, so I was at the shop at 10:00, read it there, bought it, and went home for like ten minutes.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"