Page 320 of 357 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5343

No Rogue involved in the Guilds please. The Guild should serve as a mechanism for them to get missions or intel IMO. Maybe Gambit occasionally ropes her into a Guild mission unbeknownst to her or maybe sometimes Gambit's loyalty to the Guild conflicts with his loyalty to Rogue and her goals. Rogue should view it somewhat as a necessary evil IMO but not something she would want any real part of and one that conflicts at times with their married life. Have a friend that is in a Masonic lodge and all the secrecy and commitments to it drives his wife nuts at times. That to me should be what the Guild represents to Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Nah maybe poorly expressed though and should be a new paragraph. Above someone mentioned that she could be a moral compass for him. A lot of rogneto fans use that as a good reason for them to be together but i reject the reasoning their and want to be consistent in that sentiment here. I also dont think he needs Rogue to be that at that level and that its a good role for her (it moves too deep into support from partner). Maybe a sound board for his ideas or in extreme situations but i like to believe he has enough of a concience that he doesnt need a constant reminder hence the hero stint.
    Agreed. Gambit doesn't need a moral compass. The dude clearly knows right from wrong when it comes to the big issues. Aside from him being a thief, I don't really know what sort of moral issues he really has. And the thief thing is hardly an issue as for the most part when written properly his thieving is generally more aligned with a Robin Hood type philosophy and not a ripping off the small guy philosophy.

So not sure what guidance he really needs at this point and Rogue knows she married a thief and needs to just accept that. If there is an element of conflict regarding morality in their relationship, it should be more around Rogue wanted to be too much of a do gooder and Gambit content not to get involved in things unless he is absolutely necessary.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No Rogue involved in the Guilds please. The Guild should serve as a mechanism for them to get missions or intel IMO. Maybe Gambit occasionally ropes her into a Guild mission unbeknownst to her or maybe sometimes Gambit's loyalty to the Guild conflicts with his loyalty to Rogue and her goals. Rogue should view it somewhat as a necessary evil IMO but not something she would want any real part of and one that conflicts at times with their married life. Have a friend that is in a Masonic lodge and all the secrecy and commitments to it drives his wife nuts at times. That to me should be what the Guild represents to Rogue.
    I like this idea a lot.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    What do you think of th e ifea of Fanto heel turning and grabbing part of the guild to bring it into conflict with R&G, x-men and maybe the wider MU with mr and Mrs x over time playing the key role in bringing him back from the darkside.

I also think as much as we hate him his similarities make him a good foil. Fanto could be stormshadow to gambits snake eyes as a rough equivalency.

It also can make the guild more relevant
    Oh it's dope. I love the idea of writer tying in other story pieces and embracing the continuity. Even if it ends with Gambit and Rogue helping him get a proper body back and in turn satisfy whatever he owes him.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Asked Ms Thompson if we'd see any connections to Thieves Guild, especially now that basically Rogue is the "Queen of Thieves" and she replied;

"I’d love to delve into some of that…but honestly? It’s just going to be depend on how many issues we get. : /"

I'm a big fan of the guild lore and I hate that so many Writers have either disregarded it completely or just belittle it. It gives Gambit a reason to not be stuck in the X-Men and now that Rogue is his wife, same goes for her, despite her Avengers connections which makes it all the more interesting. KT said that Rogue has become something of a stick in the mud while being a leader but being around Gambit makes her playful. I can see her letting Gambit indulge in his Guild matters but act his conscious. Perhaps help him really reshape it. Something I'd love to see is her be put through the Cardinal Thieves trials and just watch breeze through it on a single page, opposed to Gambit using a a whole book! Because you know... Super strength. I think it'd be hilarious. Dub them the "Red King" and the "Iron Queen". An opportunity for drama could be the Avengers catching up with them and trying to force her to make a decision. I guess it's be hard to be an Avenger-type and the Queen of an International underworld organization.

Something I've thought would be fun is if the Guild expanded his reach and forcefully or even financially made all thieves on the planet answer to them, ultimately, the new King and Queen. I mean established characters like; Black Cat, Fantomex, etc. before expanding outward into space and take up intergalactic commerce so Lila Cheney and perhaps the Starjammers would become involved. Just some silly ideas that could help the TG not be so one-dimentional. Give it a role in the MU and the couple something to juggle outside of X-Men business. Not sure how much Rogue would be able to involve Gambit with any Avenging. I'd actually hate that and would prefer Cap and the gang turn their noses up at the idea of her being with him. To be honest, I can't see how someone as sanctimonious as Cap would be ok with her choice. He's kind of a judgmental prick... Deadpool's recent choices in his absence would probably make it worse for anyone he deemed not to be on the straight and narrow.

I love Remy and his connection with the Thieves Guild, and I would like more history now he is supposed to be the leader, but that is something very much his, Rogue even if he is his wife, he should stay away from that.

Basically Remy is more of an antihero, so being the leader of the Guild gives him that special touch, Rogue does not need that, rather it would be harmed, Rogue has been a face of heorism, and a leader both X-Men as a leader Avenger.

Introducing her into that world would only damage her image and her progression as a character, so no, thanks but no.

Rogue could help her, but not because she cares about the Thieves Guild, but to help / save her man, how to help him when he is in serious trouble with the assassination guild (basically no one there could harm Rogue) and that Rogue stays on the sidelines, but there to make her the queen, I do not think Rogue would accept, and no writer, should force her to enter that world because it would only harm her.

Rogue already has enough exposure outside the X-books, because she is still an Avenger, and has been one of the best.

I think Guild stuff is okay as long as it is handled evenly. It should not overshadow the series. Guild is more of a Gambit solo thing and MMX is about two sexy heroes saving the world and making sweet sweet looooooove!!!

Well thats the point Purp. She's not a thief, which is why she wouldn't fit into the world and it would cause friction and conflict. Any way, if a villain can turn into an anti-hero, a hero can learn to walk the line. Even if it's just a habit. The people you surround yourself with will undoubtedly effect you. We see it all the time with normal people stepping out of their typical behavior. Or are we saying Rogue is too perfect to get a little dirty? Since when has she been a saint. Could have sworn she started out on darker path than we've ever seen Gambit on.
    Rogue was a terrorist to follow her mother, is one of the things that most embarrassed her about her past, and all the damage she did precisely because she did not have an adult personality and wanted to please her mother, it cost her a lot to leave. that well, and won the position of one of the best heroes on the planet.

She is not too perfect, when Rogue must play dirty she does it, and if Rogue should kill an enemy because there is no other way out and it is to save many lives, she will also do it, but she would be too idiotic if she would change and support to the guild of thieves and join them just because she is married to Remy, Rogue has a very strong personality, and she will never do that.

She will know that Remy has his affairs with the guild and will respect him, and maybe help him when they have a very complicated enemy, THAT DYNAMICS IF I LIKE, but it will not help the business of the organization or steal, that will not do, and if she does that is not Rogue, they are like the police wife, and the husband is a thief, they will have a complicity for marriage, but she will not join that world, that's a fact.

Just as Remy would be out of place if he joined the Avengers.

You have to remember Rogue is not an Ex Avenger, she's just not in an active group, but she's still an Avenger.

All valid points... Except this pedestal your putting the Avengers on, or do I have to remind you that Moon Knight, Wolverine and Deadpool have all been Avengers? Prominent ones at that. Being an Avenger is only as important as the current writer makes it. Same as being an X-Man or just about any group that likes to attach prestige to being counted as a member. Rogue is a great character but when a great character does nothing but be great, they get boring. I mean this is the same character that fairly recently murdered a teammate due to mistrust. Yeah it was undone, but it still happened. She made a choice and went through with it. It doesn't hurt her character, it gives her depth. She's not perfect and that's what makes her or any character alive. So saying that going along with Gambit is beneath her somehow is a bit humourous, especially when I think she'd be there simply to pull him back and/or quench her curiosity.

I don't get this need from some of you to pigeon hole this series as being nothing but a sugary lite tale. I don't see how that's appealing or would be good for getting more eyes on it. The fact that it's these two will do that alone. If it has no depth I don't think it'll last very long. The pair needs to be challenged and I look forward to seeing them tackle it together. A lot of being married is compromise. Not ignoring each other's business.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

All valid points... Except this pedestal your putting the Avengers on, or do I have to remind you that Moon Knight, Wolverine and Deadpool have all been Avengers? Prominent ones at that. Being an Avenger is only as important as the current writer makes it. Same as being an X-Man or just about any group that likes to attach prestige to being counted as a member. Rogue is a great character but when a great character does nothing but be great, they get boring. I mean this is the same character that fairly recently murdered a teammate due to mistrust. Yeah it was undone, but it still happened. So saying that going along with Gambit is beneath her somehow is a bit humourous, especially when I think she'd be there simply to pull him back and/or quench her curiosity.

I don't get this need from some of you to pigeon hole this series as being nothing but a sugary lite tale. I don't see how that's appealing or would be good for getting more eyes on it. The fact that it's these two will do that alone. If it has no depth I don't think it'll last very long. The pair needs to be challenged and I look forward to seeing them tackle it together. A lot of being married is compromise. Not ignoring each other's business.
    To be fair those guys being Avengers never make much sense they were there out popularity Wolverine in particular was constantly shifting beetween punching bag and glorified wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair those guys being Avengers never make much sense they were there out popularity Wolverine in particular was constantly shifting beetween punching bag and glorified wallpaper.
    Yet... There they are (were). Moon Knight for years, might I add. I think he's still considered one to this day, no? I'm just saying, we can't act like being a member is this high and mighty thing when it's only what the writer makes it that year. Heck, up until AvX half the dang MU was one. Remember when they tried to make it like JLA lol.
    Guild Member

I never thought this would happen. Good for Marvel pulling the trigger. I've always been a huge fan of this pairing since the old animated X-Men series from the 1990s'.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Yet... There they are (were). Moon Knight for years, might I add. I think he's still considered one to this day, no? I'm just saying, we can't act like being a member is this high and mighty thing when it's only what the writer makes it that year. Heck, up until AvX half the dang MU was one. Remember when they tried to make it like JLA lol.
    I'm not dissagreing, just pointing out the obvious flaw that Marvel comitted when Bendis got a hold over the franchise. True about like half of the MU being one, this days being an Avenger is not weird, even the JLA has more exclusivity this days lol. I wouldn't surprised if Gambit ends there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I think Guild stuff is okay as long as it is handled evenly. It should not overshadow the series. Guild is more of a Gambit solo thing and MMX is about two sexy heroes saving the world and making sweet sweet looooooove!!!
    Agreed the guild and avengers should flavour the book and show aspects of their characters on equal relative turns but it shouldnt be the meat of the book. That being said having a teather and impact on the status quo really does help sales. KT has a balancong act on her hands lets see how she goes i am excited to see what she does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I wouldn't surprised if Gambit ends there one day.
    ...you take that back.
    Guild Member

...you take that back.
    Nevahhhhh!!!!! .