Page 230 of 357 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't know if you guys know this site comicbookroundup, it keeps track of comics reviews and R&G has been getting an average of 8.6/10 from professional critics and fans, which is really good.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...-gambit-(2018)
    Nice when both critics AND fans are basically on the same page! Hopefully the people upstairs are paying attention.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thanks for writing such an amazing story, I could hardly do it justice! You have an unbelievable talent and your story is a gift to all us long suffering Rogue and Gambit fans. I'm really excited for #5, but going to be so sad when it is over!
    Totally agree with AppleJ. Ms. Thompson - I am so impressed! I have reread #4 numerous times now and I've reread all issues again. Love it! Thank you so much! I can't wait for #5.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't know if you guys know this site comicbookroundup, it keeps track of comics reviews and R&G has been getting an average of 8.6/10 from professional critics and fans, which is really good.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...-gambit-(2018)
    Thanks for sharing! Not sure if it means anything but I went to pick up #4 and my comic book store was sold out (yes, I had a pull list but STILL they gave my copy away - yes, don't even get into that with me). Not sure if that means it's because they didn't buy many copies or because it was legit VERY popular. Thankfully, I had another comic book store reserve me a copy which they have confirmed will be there for me when I visit this week. I was willing to buy multiple copies of each issue if I had to ensure I had the hard copies!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Look,if I offended you or anyone else, I apologize. I was just making an observation, not trying to criticize. English is my native language. It's all I've been speaking, reading and thinking since I was born in Detroit, Mich nearly 53 years ago. One thing is I am not is a sports enthusiast.Other than being a long-suffering fan of the Detroit Lions, going back to the Gary Danials/ Eric Hipple/Billy Sims era, I don't follow sports. I don't follow collegiate sports, the NHL, NBA or MLB, so it's not a phase I'm really familar with.
    Offended? Me? On a message board? LoL. No.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

81b3b580e9ca165b49d9b8c4683a9f21.jpg

Sooo making the assumption these two are back together, what do we hope for our favorite X-couple in the immediate future? At the moment, I don't see them as the marrying types, though I think this panel is a good example of why married doesn't have to mean boring. Rogue will never be "the woman behind the man" and I wouldn't want her to be. And Remy will never be a "tame lion", so to speak. But I don't see why couplehood should have to weigh either of them down either. They should be so flipping fun! I still expect plenty of banter, innuendo, arguing, and teasing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope they are back together and last forever (or at least a lot) but marriage under marvel only means trouble. I think their love is safer without it.
    but if it happens it could be awesome.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-08-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't see why if they were together they'd act all that differently from how they do in their current mini...they'd argue and bicker from time to time and have fun some of the time but love each other the whole time...

I wonder if we will see more into Gambit's role as leader of the Thieves Guild and if he'll invite Rogue into that part of his life at all. I don't expect that he would have given that up, even if he could, nor would I expect him to. So I think Rogue accepting that part of him would be important. It's not like she hasn't ventured into that world before.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    81b3b580e9ca165b49d9b8c4683a9f21.jpg

Sooo making the assumption these two are back together, what do we hope for our favorite X-couple in the immediate future? At the moment, I don't see them as the marrying types, though I think this panel is a good example of why married doesn't have to mean boring. Rogue will never be "the woman behind the man" and I wouldn't want her to be. And Remy will never be a "tame lion", so to speak. But I don't see why couplehood should have to weigh either of them down either. They should be so flipping fun! I still expect plenty of banter, innuendo, arguing, and teasing.
    Oh I definitely see them as the marrying type in general (but Marvel won’t have it of course). Rogue has expressed her want to be a mom a couple of times (my personal headcanon for Rogue saying no to Magneto’s proposal, other than the glaringly obvious fact that she was never TRULY REALLY in love with him, is that she was still waiting for Remy, I mean she did canonically refer to him as the only man she would ever go through life with AND that she had said explicitly that she wanted a lifetime with him, so..). As for Remy, I think he’s pretty much ready to settle down with Rogue for good, if his home and harbour speech is anything to go by.

But as for the course of their relationship after the mini, I’m hoping that they’ll have them move in together some place but remain in different teams (but with occasional references to each other) so that they can continue to grow as characters (Remy especially) outside of the relationship but at the same time, maintain a HEALTHY, FUNCTIONAL relationship that Marvel keeps denying us. They’ll be kicking ass in the day, and come home to each other at night

Of course the best way to show this is to have them be on two separate team books and have the mini turned into an on-going but of course I’m just kidding myself to think that’ll happen!
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 04-08-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Oh I definitely see them as the marrying type in general (but Marvel won’t have it of course). Rogue has expressed her want to be a mom a couple of times (my personal headcanon for Rogue saying no to Magneto’s proposal, other than the glaringly obvious fact that she was never TRULY REALLY in love with him, is that she was still waiting for Remy, I mean she did canonically refer to him as the only man she would ever go through life with AND that she had said explicitly that she wanted a lifetime with him, so..). As for Remy, I think he’s pretty much ready to settle down with Rogue for good, if his home and harbour speech is anything to go by.

But as for the course of their relationship after the mini, I’m hoping that they’ll have them move in together some place but remain in different teams (but with occasional references to each other) so that they can continue to grow as characters (Remy especially) outside of the relationship but at the same time, maintain a HEALTHY, FUNCTIONAL relationship that Marvel keeps denying us. They’ll be kicking ass in the day, and come home to each other at night

Of course the best way to show this is to have them be on two separate team books and have the mini turned into an on-going but of course I’m just kidding myself to think that’ll happen!
    Oh I agree that they are pretty much set on each other with long term intentions, but they need to work out a lot of the practicalities first and re-establish a relationship on these new terms. But would they actually go forward with the fuss and bother of an actual wedding? I don't know. Maybe eventually? Now THAT would be the comic wedding of the century! But for now with the Kitty and Colossus wedding going down soon, I don't think we'll see it for a while. I still kind of think they would be the types to sneak off and elope, well especially Gambit. Maybe Rogue would want the big wedding. But no way would Marvel want to forfeit that payday! LOL So considering these events are rare, probably years down the line if they manage to not break them up. Boooo. But I DO love the idea of them coming home to each other, probably after being out on separate missions. Having that would give them something personal to fight for and something to keep them grounded.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post

I totally agree with everything you've said here. And to be honest, having them on separate teams and still coming home to one another (even if it is Rogue popping up at his apartment at first) is exactly what I'd imagine for them. I agree that they need to grow individually on their own teams (i.e. Gambit feeling like he belongs and is respected on an X-Men team and Rogue perhaps taking a leadership/co-leadership role on another). And yes, I agree with AppleJ! Definitely would love to see more of Gambit's Thieves Guild come into play and see what his role is now.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 04-09-2018 at 12:18 AM.

The Thieves Guild really needs to be explored more. Is Gambit even the King of it anymore? It's barely been referenced, if at all. And Gambit really needs to be actually good at thieving again, because in the recent years he has absolutely sucked...

Did he ever tell Rogue about The Guild? I'm pretty sure she doesn't know of it yet. That conversation willl be fun, no doubt.

I agree with Kelly Thompson's opinion that they likely watch a lot of Netflix and relax etc since they're so active, and I bet that there's always some Gumbo or whatever on the stove or a pie in the oven.
    However, that amount of Southern Hospitality under one roof would surely necessitate frequent dinner parties/gatherings, or at least Red Beans and Rice every Monday available to friends to pop in. I could totally see Laura, Gabby and Jonathan coming over, and of course the X-Men love a good BBQ. Who else? Rogue could invite the students she was close with on Utopia to study and provide lemonade and snacks? I don't see her being too motherly since she'll always be Rogue, but I do see her being a feeder haha.

Rogue being super suspicious of the T'ieves in her home one night would be hilarious too: "We are NOT using the nice silverware, Remy, I don't care if you're their Leader!"

XD

Jubilee would definitely pop in and I can definitely see Gambit teasing and trolling Rogue with her suspicions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I agree with Kelly Thompson's opinion that they likely watch a lot of Netflix and relax etc since they're so active, and I bet that there's always some Gumbo or whatever on the stove or a pie in the oven.
    However, that amount of Southern Hospitality under one roof would surely necessitate frequent dinner parties/gatherings, or at least Red Beans and Rice every Monday available to friends to pop in. I could totally see Laura, Gabby and Jonathan coming over, and of course the X-Men love a good BBQ. Who else? Rogue could invite the students she was close with on Utopia to study and provide lemonade and snacks? I don't see her being too motherly since she'll always be Rogue, but I do see her being a feeder haha.

Rogue being super suspicious of the T'ieves in her home one night would be hilarious too: "We are NOT using the nice silverware, Remy, I don't care if you're their Leader!"
    Invite Warren over and bring up the joke/comment from AoA where Gambit visited Warren's place and when Gambit was leaving he told the help to count the silverware...do something with that and the fact that I doubt that Warren's been to very man BBQ's outside of the X-mansion given how he was raised and all...or I could see Logan stop by for a good party...