Page 304 of 357 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5343

So for some reason it just occurred to me, is Oscar Bazaldua on art for Mr.and Mrs X AND Extermination?! Because a. Those Extermination art previews were straight up gorgeous and b. The mystery kids with eyes like Remy! This is only going to feed my pipedreams.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So for some reason it just occurred to me, is Oscar Bazaldua on art for Mr.and Mrs X AND Extermination?! Because a. Those Extermination art previews were straight up gorgeous and b. The mystery kids with eyes like Remy! This is only going to feed my pipedreams.
    I think that’s Pepe Larraz on Extermination?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I think that’s Pepe Larraz on Extermination?
    Oh, you're right! Just misread a post. So much for that conspiracy theory. But Larraz is great.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    You all are making me feel my age....I was a teen when "X-men The Animated Series" got me hooked on the X-Men. Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue in particular. One of my favorite scenes during the show's run is where Rogue is leaving the mansion in a car wanting to be alone(struggling with her powers again!), and Gambit keeps pursing her, even after she throws him out of the car(a convertible) one handed. Whenever I read comics with Rogue and Gambit I always "hear" their lines as if Lenore Zann and Chris Potter were speaking.
    Can I just say, I love that you shared this. Aw, XTAS, the good ol' days! I can hear the intro in my head now. My brother burned a bunch of episodes on DVD for me about 10 years ago (I can't recall how popular youtube was or if it was around) so it's cool that I still have them in a box somewhere. I pulled out my box of old comics and it's been such a nostalgic ride. I'm staying up way too late trying to get the G&R history straightened out in my head but there's just SO MUCH OF IT. Either way, the more I dig and uncover, one thing keeps becoming clearer than it's ever been and that's that these two (albeit fictional) have never belonged to anyone else but each other. That is certainly just my opinion but not even the atrocity that was the Rogue and Magneto relationship can sway me (as much as it tries). Mikael, who is Rogue punching in your avatar? (speaking of age ).

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I need to watch those.
    I'd been semi-casually following the movies, then I found Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Netflix, then the Netflix series (currently on Iron Fist. only two episode left until Defenders i'm so hype), and then it was a logical progression to the comics.
    Of course, I decided to read them all chronologically, but the early publications are terrible, so eventually I arrived at the compromise of, "alternate between golden age and stuff I actually want to read,' as well as reading all the new stuff each week.
    And while I may have entered recently, god DAMN did I get hooked fast.
    Probably getting the Rogue & Gambit paperback and a subscription to Mr. and Mrs. X for my birthday.
    Oh the movies... The... X-Men movies. I have a Wizard from January of 1995 (I was 13 then) with Cyclops on the cover that talked about the X-Men movie casting and I had so much excitement over these films. It took 5 full years for the first to be made and I was sadly really let down by Fox... mainly because G&R weren't in them (which I'm kind of grateful for now) but I have SO MUCH hope for any new X movie if Disney makes it. I'm not saying the Fox ones were bad but I just wasn't a fan is all. I didn't get out of them what my 13 year old self had envisioned. I would love to see an X-Men movie with Gambit and Rogue in it produced by Disney.

I like the idea of the darker versions of these movies such as Deadpool which I thought were great. Logan, I only watched once so I can't speak too much on it.

/end of unnecessary movie rant

I love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the other Netflix series. Those are all pretty cool.

I think that would be a sweet birthday gift though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I've seen just about the entirety of the MCU (not anything past episode two of cloak and dagger because Freeform is sneaky and makes only the first two available online, not runaways because I don't have hulu (which apparently also has cloak and dagger (hey, nested parentheses! neat.)), and nothing past Iron Fist because I haven't gotten that far in yet), but only a couple of the X-Men movies. I need to just sit down and churn through those sometime.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Really enjoyed checking out some the Romy stuff on that blog, thanks for sharing! There's some quality analysis there, as well as some very endearing enthusiasm.

Great to see all these new faces in this thread too.
    Aw you're welcome! Yeah I really enjoyed it. I don't Tweet so Tumblr was the way to go for me. I love that Kelly Thompson posted in this forum too. She seriously is friggin' awesome. She answers a TON of questions on Tumblr which was why I dug up my old Tumblr account and started reading away. I know she's nervous as hell about the upcoming M&MX books but given her Mini I don't think she has too much to worry about. As long as Marvel doesn't ask her to do something awful of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Hey, I just joined CBR for the exact same reason, LOL. I usually post over at the Guild, but I thought I'd try it out over here.

I guess I'll just jump right into things...about that lovely Rogue image KT posted the other day: we can't see if she's wearing the collar or not. Wild alternate theory: as they're in space, could there be some advanced tech involved instead (like, what was it called, Z'nnox Chamber or whatever, that Joseph used waaaay back in Uncanny years ago)?
    I've never posted on the Guild but I have gone to this site throughout the years when I'd hit a spark of inspiration to delve back in. It's a great site with loads, I mean LOADS of info. Whatever it is that allows her to touch (collar aside) I hope it's good. I don't recall too much about the collar though... isn't it harmful?

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Me too!--but under a different name.

Anyway, I love the picture of Rogue. I love how she's positioned in the center. I love that what she's wearing isn't what it seems. For those unaware of the context, it just looks like a bridal gown, but I like the implied sensuousness--that her "gown" is made up of a bed sheet, presumably being watched by her new husband. In my head, I think she's maybe unable to sleep, musing on how she--Anna Marie from small-town Mississippi, unable to touch anyone without hurting them--has ended up having a honeymoon in space.

Can't wait til the 25th to see what I've got right.

This was beautiful. Aw, Anna Marie and Remy LeBeau.
    It has a lovely ring to it.
    I love your take on this and I can't wait for the 25th either.

Oh and to Wallstreeter's post, it's not ironic... it was meant to be.

I finally got my copy of Gold #30.
    I decided to drop an extra two bucks and go for the J. Scott Campbell Classified variant, since the Noto didn’t quite measure up in person. Not sure why.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

It’s the first comic I’ve ever paid money for.

I finally got my copy of Gold #30.
    I decided to drop an extra two bucks and go for the J. Scott Campbell Classified variant, since the Noto didn’t quite measure up in person. Not sure why.
    Perfect choice. I paid double at my CBS. I was just lucky to pick up their last copy of it.
    I’d like to get the Ramos Variant of M&MX signed by KT if possible.

Of course this will mean buying multiple copies but I can justify it since I haven't invested much money in books until recently.

How is this the first time you've paid for a comic? I signed up for the Marvel Unlimited digital comics so I can see what issues I'd like to hunt down in a physical book form. There's much I've missed, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Perfect choice. I paid double at my CBS. I was just lucky to pick up their last copy of it.

Of course this will mean buying multiple copies but I can justify it since I haven't invested much money in books until recently.

How is this the first time you've paid for a comic? I signed up for the Marvel Unlimited digital comics so I can see what issues I'd like to hunt down in a physical book form. There's much I've missed, I'm sure.
    I bought my copy of the bagged classified variant online through a comic book retailer. Including shipping, I paid $8.23.

There’s a site I use that I’m almost positive is illegal.
    Don’t judge. This stuff is expensive.
    I’m probably getting R&G for my birthday, and then I was considering getting a subscription to Mr. & Mrs. X before I realized that meant I couldn’t get variants, which normally I’d be okay with, but those covers are honestly quite terrible.
    So my current birthday wishlist is a Latverian flag (like an actual flag), a Cyclops was Right t shirt, R&G TPB, and gift cards.
    I’m probably going to pick up the Skottie Young variant for #1 (the ONLY thing Skottie Young has ever done that I like), as well as the Noto variant for #3. Noto has to be my second favorite artist of all time (First is Mike Choi.) Haven’t decoded about #2 yet.

KT noted on her tumblr ahe will be doing a reddit on 10 July for those of you who would be interested

Aw man, I work for eleven hours straight then.

Aw man, I work for eleven hours straight then.

I cant either. Maybe we should have an xpos style session where we gather questions and plead with one of the forum members who can makenit to raise them on behalf of the thread?

Whatever it is that allows her to touch (collar aside) I hope it's good. I don't recall too much about the collar though... isn't it harmful?
    As far as I remember (or at least, as far as I've read), the comics haven't stated that there are any side effects (please correct me if I'm wrong here, folks!). You would think that long term use would do...something, right? It's certainly an interesting possibility.

Anyway, I love how X-men: TAS is still so beloved even today--or as I call it, the gateway drug to the X-men, lol. I remember watching it as a kid and being so infuriated that it had been cancelled and replaced by Silver Surfer (still angry about that, TBH). Then I rediscovered the cartoon after the X-men films, which then led to the comics. It took Milligan and Carey to make me more or less quit comics and it took KT to bring me back to the fold. So yeah, I have big hopes for Mr & Mrs X.

Oh and we are so due for another X-men cartoon, aren't we?