Page 313 of 357 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    That is so cool. If you don't mind me asking, what statue of Rogue is that? I would love to pick up one for myself if it's not horrendously expensive.
    It is the Kotobukiya Marvel Now! Rogue ArtFX+ Statue. Just do a search on amazon for Marvel Now Rogue. I got mine for about $45. Next one I am looking at picking up is the 90's Rogue Mini Bust by Bowen to match the Gambit bust.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 07-08-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Finally found a frame for my classified variant of Gold #30. I added the framed comic to my X-men shelf on my statue/figure display. It is a bit tight, but here are some pictures.

X-men Shelf:

Avengers and Guardians Shelves:
    https://i.imgur.com/Y8mGAMF.jpg
    (The only statue from the two shelves that is mine is Thor, the rest are my kids.)

It is a 5 tiered display stand. The top shelf not pictured is my Star Wars statues(Mare Jade and Luke), and the bottom shelf also not pictured is my gaming statues(Mass Effect and The Witcher). My kids and I decoupaged the Marvel shelves using wall decals and stickers. I had to break out my old 1993 X-men decals that I saved as a teen, since there haven't been any X-men character decals released in 20+ years.

This is the kind of thing that make my day better

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I hated learning French so much (senior year next, and I FINALLY don’t have a language requirement), but it’s great knowing JUST enough French to understand Gambit.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I hated learning French so much (senior year next, and I FINALLY don’t have a language requirement), but it’s great knowing JUST enough French to understand Gambit.
    In my high school, all we had was Spanish. And I graduated 35 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Well, the modern version of Rogue has one voice. She's headstrong and confident. Gambit is different. He had two sides of him in the 90s generally. The smooth talker and then he'd be more dangerous and aggressive, as if he hid his true feelings, but made sense. Since then Gambit has been more aloof. He's a con artist at his core, so he doesnt show his hand and adjust his attitude depending on who he's talking to and the mood of the situation he's in. In short he doesnt talk to Rogue the same way he talks to Laura and doesnt talk to Laura the same way he'd talk to Wolverine or Storm. We all know Gambit isnt one thing, so when a writer pigeon holes him into one interation and he never shifts, we get thrown off because we know he probably wouldn't have approached that situation in that manner. He jokes, but he's not a joker. He'll reason but he's not a diplomat. He's a lover but not @#$#$%# pushover, you stupid son of @#@#$, hack, no-talent, writers!

Sorry...

We haven't seen that more dangerous side of him in a long time... perhaps that time Red Skull infected him while part of PAD's X-Factor. He said some things that I think should have been brought ages ago.
    I like the way you summed that up. Gambit's always been a complex guy and I've always loved the fact that the image he projects of himself to others doesn't always jive with who he is on the inside. Deep down, Gambit's a good guy with a good heart...but he's also the kind of guy to sometimes do bad things for the right reasons. He's not a boy scout. I've always loved that darker side to him and I'd love to see it shown a bit more without him going over the deep end à la Deathbit.

Now for some random thoughts...

That Marvel Now! Rogue statue is awesome. Now I need one.

Regarding Rogneto: I was surprised that the Legacy persona wasn't brought up in R+G. Rogue's thoughts being influenced by Legacy's memories isn't a perfect explanation, but it's...something.

Regarding Soule's AXM...I never liked that "We're not forever" (or whatever it was) comment specifically. To me it directly contradicted the previous statement between them of how they were still the loves of each others' lives (i.e. "Still, Remy?" "Always, chère.").

Lastly, French is awesome. Now, if only someone at Marvel could spell check it before sending it to print...
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 07-08-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I agree with all you’ve said, Nox. I do wish they’d get their French right. It’s not even just a matter of misspelling words—it’s grammar mistakes like not doing article-noun agreement, or using the wrong gender or just not bothering to look up things, like during (I think) AvX where he starts to say “laissez-les bon temps rouler” (*siiiiiigh*) but it was spelled “lese le”. It takes literal seconds to google something like that which is why it bothers me so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think that's a nice theory. "Evolving characters". I say theory because in practice I don't think it's possibly unless Marvel is going to commit to a single writer for Claremont-level time and then afterwards have a strong enough editorial team that can make sure characterizations aren't reset or fumbled. And then still have control over the brand when movies and TV shows come out so marketing and execs cant walk in and say "do this". But both scenarios are far-fetched at best. While I can say Rogue has steadily been used and for the most "evolved", Gambit's developement has been stagnant, mostly due to editors not making sure their writers respect or even observe the happenings that have gone on with the character before falling in their lap. I can say the same with Rogue to a point. From Legacy to Remender's UA, she was a different character. When Remender got his hands her, he regressed her both in personality and powers, strangly enough. I believe what Soule was really saying was simply "I want to write how I want and don't really want to deal with this other stuff". My opinion, but that seems to be the general consensus around Marvel these days. I find it refreshing that KT, while not perfect, seems to be something of a continuity junky. So I'm cool with seeing where she takes this.
    Given how Astonishing ended up, I think he talking about writing what he wants, too, like bringing back 'not Xavier.'

It might have been nice if Perez could have done 30, but Marquez did knocked it out of the park. I saw someone on tumbler who had brought the original artwork of the wedding page, so I went to the website they mentioned. Sure it would be expensive, but it would be a one time expense... but no luck, every single 'romy' page was sold already. There we're page with kitty and such left, but didn't really want any of those.

Finally found a frame for my classified variant of Gold #30. I added the framed comic to my X-men shelf on my statue/figure display. It is a bit tight, but here are some pictures.

X-men Shelf:

Avengers and Guardians Shelves:
    https://i.imgur.com/Y8mGAMF.jpg
    (The only statue from the two shelves that is mine is Thor, the rest are my kids.)

It is a 5 tiered display stand. The top shelf not pictured is my Star Wars statues(Mare Jade and Luke), and the bottom shelf also not pictured is my gaming statues(Mass Effect and The Witcher). My kids and I decoupaged the Marvel shelves using wall decals and stickers. I had to break out my old 1993 X-men decals that I saved as a teen, since there haven't been any X-men character decals released in 20+ years.
    Nice display! I've tried getting that variant as well. It's not easy, but nothing worth getting every is. Your shelf is better because of this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It is the Kotobukiya Marvel Now! Rogue ArtFX+ Statue. Just do a search on amazon for Marvel Now Rogue. I got mine for about $45. Next one I am looking at picking up is the 90's Rogue Mini Bust by Bowen to match the Gambit bust.
    Awesome! Thank you! That's a really good price for the statue. I may see what else they have in the range.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I agree with all you’ve said, Nox. I do wish they’d get their French right. It’s not even just a matter of misspelling words—it’s grammar mistakes like not doing article-noun agreement, or using the wrong gender or just not bothering to look up things, like during (I think) AvX where he starts to say “laissez-les bon temps rouler” (*siiiiiigh*) but it was spelled “lese le”. It takes literal seconds to google something like that which is why it bothers me so much.
    I get even nitpickier. I wish they'd let Gambit speak Cajun French. They always give him standard Parisian French (well, their attempt at it), and that would not be the dialect he speaks. I'm sure he could speak it, and would on appropriate occasions (e.g. when trying to blend in on a job in Paris), but it wouldn't be his home dialect.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 07-09-2018 at 03:13 AM.

The last thing Remy says to Rogue in part 5 of the Mini is: Speaking of unstoppable...I'm gonna miss that weird electricity thing. When we figure out your powers, we should see if can get that thing back. Note Remy did not say "if" we figure out your powers. What I want to know is when does the when begin?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The last thing Remy says to Rogue in part 5 of the Mini is: Speaking of unstoppable...I'm gonna miss that weird electricity thing. When we figure out your powers, we should see if can get that thing back. Note Remy did not say "if" we figure out your powers. What I want to know is when does the when begin?
    I expect KT will address it during the first story arc. I do hope there is a bit more weight to it than how easily/quickly Laura(X-23) was cured of the trigger scent in a single issue of ANW.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I expect KT will address it during the first story arc. I do hope there is a bit more weight to it than how easily/quickly Laura(X-23) was cured of the trigger scent in a single issue of ANW.
    And I think it's ridiculous that Emma Frost herself said she probably couldn't ever fix it, but Teen Jean rolls up and has it done in an hour.
    Jean? Maybe. Jeen? No.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    And I think it's ridiculous that Emma Frost herself said she probably couldn't ever fix it, but Teen Jean rolls up and has it done in an hour.
    Jean? Maybe. Jeen? No.
    I don't have to much of an issue with that part since Jeen was the only one to take a look inside Laura's head while under the effects of the trigger scent. My problem is there was no struggle even briefly when exposed to the scent for the first time after being "cured". Anyway that is a debate for the Laura/X-23 thread.

I would like to see Gambit and Rogue working together as a sub-plot over the course of the first story arc(4 issues???) on her being able to control it.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 07-09-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Happy Monday everyone. I just asked Jordan White to share a sneak peek from the upcoming Mr&MrsX and he shared such a wonderful image of Rogue by Oscar Bazaldua Nava
    DhrDyBwW0AIUm8K.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Happy Monday everyone. I just asked Jordan White to share a sneak peek from the upcoming Mr&MrsX and he shared such a wonderful image of Rogue by Oscar Bazaldua Nava
    DhrDyBwW0AIUm8K.jpg
    I really hope we get some inner monologue thing, I loved that in R&G #4!