Page 321 of 357 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5343
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Agreed the guild and avengers should flavour the book and show aspects of their characters on equal relative turns but it shouldnt be the meat of the book. That being said having a teather and impact on the status quo really does help sales. KT has a balancong act on her hands lets see how she goes i am excited to see what she does.
    Wasnt asking something to be the "meat". It was an idea for a story, not a book lol. Everything I talked about could be covered in a single issue. Two tops...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Wasnt asking something to be the "meat". It was an idea for a story, not a book lol. Everything I talked about could be covered in a single issue. Two tops...
    In the current market of descompressed storytelling, 4 is the minimal .

Fair dice to be honest i would like it to stretch over many books in pieces.... just adding to their world but balancing it between their stories. Hence the arcs comment. Like a recurring side thingand like the skull/ xavier brain thing take years to resolve cause R&G for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    In the current market of descompressed storytelling, 4 is the minimal .
    I think the Guild could be a single issue focus or maybe a tie-in to another plot in which the Thieves Guild could be embroiled or even a B-plot stretched over a longer arc. The trick is maintaining a balance that fans of both characters will enjoy. And I think the Avengers could do a lot worse than Remy, but I don't think he'd stand for taking their orders on a long term basis. It would be kind of hilarious if they needed his guest expertise on a specific mission though and he could rub it in. How things pan out definitely boils down to # of issues of MMX. It's hard to draw a huge audience over a long time with only one or two characters, even on a book that is astounding. ANW going to 36 seems to be a rare exception lately and she's a wildly popular character. Also a lot is sitting on what happens post Extermination and what books/teams replace Gold and Blue.

Spectacular Member

Hi guys I'm stunned I still have an account here and that I remember my password wow! I'm psyched bout Romys return. It's been a long 5yr hiatus for me. Ok more to come later. I only recalled having an account after seeing my old posts on Page 3 here! Had thoughts about Marjorie liu and me gloating, how I couldn't even recall when rogue magneto broke up but that that whole mess made me leave comics, too many teases bout Romy over the years and my theory on why Romy now, and Romy not together was failing marvel...
    Last edited by smokey78; 07-12-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Hi guys I'm stunned I still have an account here and that I remember my password wow! I'm psyched bout Romys return. It's been a long 5yr hiatus for me. Ok more to come later. I only recalled having an account after seeing my old posts on Page 3 here!
    Whaddup. Welcome back.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Never been a huge fan of the Guilds. Belladonna's the only one I'd like to see make an appearance. Maybe Jean-Luc as well.
    It works okay for Gambit solo books, but I remember the first 'Rogue' mini I wasn't too fond of because it read like a sequel to the 'Gambit' mini...and just threw Cody Robbins in there to acknowledge Rogue's past.
    I'd rather see something new like this space adventure and unexpected obscure characters from the X-Universe, like Cerise, Deathbird, Starjammers etc, but as I said, Belladonna could be interesting, especially her take on the marriage.

All valid points... Except this pedestal your putting the Avengers on, or do I have to remind you that Moon Knight, Wolverine and Deadpool have all been Avengers? Prominent ones at that. Being an Avenger is only as important as the current writer makes it. Same as being an X-Man or just about any group that likes to attach prestige to being counted as a member. Rogue is a great character but when a great character does nothing but be great, they get boring. I mean this is the same character that fairly recently murdered a teammate due to mistrust. Yeah it was undone, but it still happened. She made a choice and went through with it. It doesn't hurt her character, it gives her depth. She's not perfect and that's what makes her or any character alive. So saying that going along with Gambit is beneath her somehow is a bit humourous, especially when I think she'd be there simply to pull him back and/or quench her curiosity.

I don't get this need from some of you to pigeon hole this series as being nothing but a sugary lite tale. I don't see how that's appealing or would be good for getting more eyes on it. The fact that it's these two will do that alone. If it has no depth I don't think it'll last very long. The pair needs to be challenged and I look forward to seeing them tackle it together. A lot of being married is compromise. Not ignoring each other's business.
    Rogue is not perfect, and is not a conventional leader and is what makes her so great.

If you were even in UA vol4, in ANS she was angry, she killed Corvus Glaive with a punch, because she thought she would kill unod and her teammates.

She clearly knows about the activities of the guild, and I'm sure if Remy needs her she will go to his aid to fight or something like that.

But from there to get involved with the Guild, she will not do it, it would be a step back, and since the guild is very beneficial for Gambit (and it's great for her development), for Rogue it would be damaging as a character.

But that she knows about the activities of Remy with the Guild that is a fact, and she will surely make an appearance, if the situation is very complicated for Remy.

Amazing Member

I can see Rogue interacting wit Lebeau clan (Jean Luke, Mercie, Tante...), But Guilds business, NO!, it's not hers. Same with Gambit, (Deadpool, Wolverine....), but no actual Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    I can see Rogue interacting wit Lebeau clan (Jean Luke, Mercie, Tante...), But Guilds business, NO!, it's not hers. Same with Gambit, (Deadpool, Wolverine....), but no actual Avengers.
    I completely agree.

The mention of Spasticat reminded me of one my favorite pieces of fanart featuring Rogue and Gambit.

Rogue&Gambit by Spasticat:

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    The mention of Spasticat reminded me of one my favorite pieces of fanart featuring Rogue and Gambit.

Rogue&Gambit by Spasticat:
    Spas art is always great

omg that Gambit is giving me ...... omg I could hang a towel off it.

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I completely agree.
    Interesting... So the Lebeau clan and the theives Guild aren't deeply interwoven all of a sudden? Could have sworn the Lebeau clan was the ruling family of the Nola chapter. But ok, family picnics.

I'm sorry I'm going to be challenging you guys because I'm not getting reasons past "she wouldn't do it". Your all also ignoring what I'm saying. The stuff that the Guild is into doesn't even fit Gambit. Some of you are speaking from a place of familiar, not actually understanding. The Gambit fans know that Gambit wasn't even aware of the International Thieves Guild, and he and Rogue were not to together when he was and the head, so no, she doesn't know all there is about the Guild. Gambit isn't even all that aware of what's going on as we saw in X-Factor.

Stop going off the deep end, I'm not suggesting she'd join the effing Guild! Or that they'd even have her. The Guild which has been in existence for centuries is going to be involved in all kinds of unsavory things. Things that wouldn't even work for Gambit himself. There's no way she'd go along with it, but why on Earth would she allow her husband to get absorbed into it? How I always saw Gambit and his dealings with the ITG would be him trying to balance the organization, cut out aspects of it that aren't all that morally grey. I would see that getting kicked up a notch with Rogue's presence, probably to the point the group is dissolved or they remove Gambit as the head. Guys are thinking really one dimensionally. By himself Gambit would most likely fall in and compromise himself. I think, like in most relationships, his wife would appeal to his better judgement and assist in making him a better man.
    Guild Member

Interesting... So the Lebeau clan and the theives Guild aren't deeply interwoven all of a sudden? Could have sworn the Lebeau clan was the ruling family of the Nola chapter. But ok, family picnics.

I'm sorry I'm going to be challenging you guys because I'm not getting reasons past "she wouldn't do it". Your all also ignoring what I'm saying. The stuff that the Guild is into doesn't even fit Gambit. Some of you are speaking from a place of familiar, not actually understanding. The Gambit fans know that Gambit wasn't even aware of the International Thieves Guild, and he and Rogue were not to together when he was and the head, so no, she doesn't know all there is about the Guild. Gambit isn't even all that aware of what's going on as we saw in X-Factor.

Stop going off the deep end, I'm not suggesting she'd join the effing Guild! Or that they'd even have her. The Guild which has been in existence for centuries is going to be involved in all kinds of unsavory things. Things that wouldn't even work for Gambit himself. There's no way she'd go along with it, but why on Earth would she allow her husband to get absorbed into it? How I always saw Gambit and his dealings with the ITG would be him trying to balance the organization, cut out aspects of it that aren't all that morally grey. I would see that getting kicked up a notch with Rogue's presence, probably to the point the group is dissolved or they remove Gambit as the head. Guys are thinking really one dimensionally. By himself Gambit would most likely fall in and compromise himself. I think, like in most relationships, his wife would appeal to his better judgement and assist in making him a better man.
    LeBeau clan is Gambit family first. Also Rogue already knows Jean-Luc and Tante.

Others not so much. Rogue won't approve most of things even if they are donefor a better good.
    I dunno. Grey world is not a place for Rogue now. Right now she is doing only right things. And nothing shadowy fits her.
    I dunno. Just how I see it. But ofcourse it may be changed with a good story.