Page 325 of 357 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5343

I went ahead and ordered the R&G TPB from KT's web store today since I had been waiting for her to get them in cause I'm such a nerd and wanted a signed copy. KT was thoughtful enough to offer to hold off on the order until the M&MX issue #1 is out so I don't have to pay twice for shipping (I told her I wanted to buy the Ramos Variant from her) and I was like, YES!

Crap, I hadn't realized that the release is only 12 days away! 12! I know it's still almost 2 weeks but damn, that honestly kind of snuck up on me. Which brings me to the my point that I completely agree with Smokey's theory about Marvel having this happen now. That thought had crossed my mind quite a bit. All of us are now so much older and capable of buying up this stuff. I'm willing and friggin' happy to buy multiple copies to support this (and being fan girl enough to shell out for signed copies) as well as pay double for variants. I wouldn't be able to do that as a kid. For whatever their reasons Marvel was smart to keep this in their back pocket. They made KT's job a helluva lot harder to do but thankfully not impossible (even if some will never be satisfied).

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So is this a real variant? Says by Tyler Kirkham. Found it on Tumblr. I kind of love it.

Attachment 68228
    If this is I know which 2nd Variant I'm buying!

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    At the time, I was for Remy/Cecelia relationship--in the sense that I wanted him to date other people. But it just wasn't well-done; I still want to know what the hell they talked about on those dinners we never saw.

And it infuriates me that he owes Fantomex anything.
    Yaaassss!!! I mean WHY? I was thinking he'd get rid of the Death entity for him since that has been a dangling plot thread forever that I'd love to see die. But no, he has the gist of purpose to repay that $%@ who doesn't even have a physical body and he can't possibly remember why he has no body. How is that a gift? There better be a darn good reason for setting that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    If this is I know which 2nd Variant I'm buying!
    God, I want the Dodson, the Skottie Young, and now this one by Kirkham too. I was never one to buy variants, but like you said I suddenly find myself with the means to feed my habit. LOL And I figure I could have much worse vices.

So is this a real variant? Says by Tyler Kirkham. Found it on Tumblr. I kind of love it.

Attachment 68228
    Great variant! Very fitting of these two. So far, Mr. and Mrs. X has had some of the sweetest variant covers I've seen all year. I have a feeling I'll be scouring Ebay for them the first chance I get.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    To be fair, I want Marvel to keep the Avengers out of the X-Men comics. Let them meet in some special crossovers and that's it. I always enjoyed the X-Men being their own thing.
    I feel the same. Avengers only drag X-Men down, they dilute the X-universe too much. the less I see of them in xmen comics and hopefully movies the better.
    Rogue on Avengers was like watching a non meant to be story drag out longer than it should have. Glad she is back with xmen and is now Gambit's wife even if it is for a while.
    Gambit has the potential to be a good husband, he was pretty sweet to Bella Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    I feel the same. Avengers only drag X-Men down, they dilute the X-universe too much. the less I see of them in xmen comics and hopefully movies the better.
    Rogue on Avengers was like watching a non meant to be story drag out longer than it should have. Glad she is back with xmen and is now Gambit's wife even if it is for a while.
    Gambit has the potential to be a good husband, he was pretty sweet to Bella Donna.
    I would be happy with Rogue leading an X-Men team. She developed good leadership skills and is part of the X-Men since the 80's. So why bother with the Avengers? Just because they had better movies in recent years while the X-Men are stuck with Fox studio's crappy "re-imaginations". But I think, with X-Men Red, Mr&MrsX and the new announced x-book (hopefully Uncanny?) and Disney's deal with Fox, we might see a rebirth of the X-Men we love.
    Also, I hope that Quesada will follow Bendis steps and leave Marvel for good...

Well I think there is a distinct effort being made to make the MCU feel more interconnected with the X-verse. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint - letting your characters cross worlds can introduce new audiences to your characters and set up a familiarity for future movies. I'm not saying Gambit should join the Avengers (that doesn't make sense) or that they should even make an entire arc out of it, but I would frankly be surprised if we see no interaction from that universe especially given Rogue's ties. Just from reading other writers, again like Taylor in ANW, this is becoming commonplace. I would guess you might see a few characters from MCU guest star in an issue here or there. I mean we already are getting Deadpool. That's also a smart way to boost your book's numbers and grow an audience, by bringing in a popular characters with a loyal following. Plus again, there are a subset of readers that are firmly anti-nostalgia and want original plotlines. So new character interactions are needed and thus tapping into a wider universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    At the time, I was for Remy/Cecelia relationship--in the sense that I wanted him to date other people. But it just wasn't well-done; I still want to know what the hell they talked about on those dinners we never saw.

And it infuriates me that he owes Fantomex anything.
    I agree, the Remy/Cecelia pairing wasn't well done. It seemed forced to me. And don't even get me started on Fantomex...

Well I think there is a distinct effort being made to make the MCU feel more interconnected with the X-verse. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint - letting your characters cross worlds can introduce new audiences to your characters and set up a familiarity for future movies. I'm not saying Gambit should join the Avengers (that doesn't make sense) or that they should even make an entire arc out of it, but I would frankly be surprised if we see no interaction from that universe especially given Rogue's ties. Just from reading other writers, again like Taylor in ANW, this is becoming commonplace. I would guess you might see a few characters from MCU guest star in an issue here or there. I mean we already are getting Deadpool. That's also a smart way to boost your book's numbers and grow an audience, by bringing in a popular characters with a loyal following. Plus again, there are a subset of readers that are firmly anti-nostalgia and want original plotlines. So new character interactions are needed and thus tapping into a wider universe.
    From a marketing standpoint, you're absolutely right. But I still wish, they would stop it. It just makes the already complicated X-Men world more contrived and confusing. Also, I hate how the Avengers are shown to be always "right" while the X-Men/Mutants are the annoying tag-alongs who f-up things.

Incredible Member

We are less than a week away from previews!!!!

BANNED

I would be happy with Rogue leading an X-Men team. She developed good leadership skills and is part of the X-Men since the 80's. So why bother with the Avengers? Just because they had better movies in recent years while the X-Men are stuck with Fox studio's crappy "re-imaginations". But I think, with X-Men Red, Mr&MrsX and the new announced x-book (hopefully Uncanny?) and Disney's deal with Fox, we might see a rebirth of the X-Men we love.
    Also, I hope that Quesada will follow Bendis steps and leave Marvel for good...
    Sad thing is the crappy "re-imaginations" goes to Avengers movies not X-Men.The recent years of Avengers movie are terrible compared to Fox recent of Logan and DOFP that shows how complex, drama driven and serious the X-Universe is compared to the CGI action driven comedy non-ploted Avengers films that makes DOFP: The Rogue cut look like a flawless masterpiece. that seem to carry on to their comics. xmen comics is the exact opposite, characters like Rogue don't fit that Mold, so the less of them in comics too, the better. Mr and Mrs X should treat the last 5 years of UA as not cannon.

If Legion can have his own personal world, surely Rogue and Gambit can have one too. Gambit already does with his Louisiana Thieves and Assassin Background.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-14-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Sad thing is the crappy "re-imaginations" goes to Avengers movies not X-Men.The recent years of Avengers movie are terrible compared to Fox recent of Logan and DOFP that shows how complex, drama driven and serious the X-Universe is compared to the CGI action driven comedy non-ploted Avengers films that makes DOFP: The Rogue cut look like a flawless masterpiece. that seem to carry on to their comics. xmen comics is the exact opposite, characters like Rogue don't fit that Mold, so the less of them in comics too, the better. Mr and Mrs X should treat the last 5 years of UA as not cannon.

If Legion can have his own personal world, surely Rogue and Gambit can have one too. Gambit already does with his Louisiana Thieves and Assassin Background.
    I forgot about Logan and Deadpool. I was thinking about the X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Jopi; 07-14-2018 at 06:55 AM.

BANNED

I forgot about Logan and Deadpool. I was thinking about the X-Men movies.
    Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut was an X-Men movie. We need more movies like that for Rogue, too bad it was not the final movie. we don't need any Avengers style movie for Rogue, it will carry the same problems UA did with her.

BANNED

Yaaassss!!! I mean WHY? I was thinking he'd get rid of the Death entity for him since that has been a dangling plot thread forever that I'd love to see die. But no, he has the gist of purpose to repay that $%@ who doesn't even have a physical body and he can't possibly remember why he has no body. How is that a gift? There better be a darn good reason for setting that up.
    Remy/Bella Donna >>>>>>> Remy/Cecelia.

I really liked Bella Donna. she really captured the first love story with Gambit many people experience.