Page 347 of 357 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Haha did same exact thing 😄😄😄😄 and not even have to take away the laughing😇!

Heh. Yeah, the "laughter" could stay for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    My 6 year old snuck a peak over my shoulder when I was on the "tickling page", and asked what they were doing. I scrambled, and replied quickly that they were tickle fighting. And he just had to follow it up with, "Do you and mommy tickle each other naked?". I told him to ask me again when he is older, but my twelve year old daughter snorted, and said "How do you think we got here." Thankfully my wife wasn't home or she would have remarked about our daughter picking up my sense of humor, and then scold me for reading the comic where my 6 year could get a look at it.
    Slick quick thinking. Too bad your 12 year old was around to put in her two cents. This is why I'm grateful my husband and I only have cats. They can't ask uncomfortable questions (or questions in general for that matter!).

Couplest, that picture she posted actually stifled a laugh outta me. Which says a lot because Magnus is a super sore subject for me as the avid Romy fan that I am.

Phillip, weren't you also published in the R&G Mini? You sir, ask some great questions.

So far Mr & Mrs X has an 8.0/10 critic rating in comicbookroundup which is pretty good for a first issue

Link: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...mr-and-mrs-x/1

HA! You guys are hilarious. Yeah, I had a similar reaction to that...er...scene. It was pretty much the same reaction I had when reading R+G #3...a "HOLY S&?% !!!" moment, LOL. Comics are definitely not for kids anymore...

Also, I like how the hosts of that interview were pushing for more Gambit & Rogue merch. YES PLEASE. I need more, thank you.

Ultimate Member

My 6 year old snuck a peak over my shoulder when I was on the "tickling page", and asked what they were doing. I scrambled, and replied quickly that they were tickle fighting. And he just had to follow it up with, "Do you and mommy tickle each other naked?". I told him to ask me again when he is older, but my twelve year old daughter snorted, and said "How do you think we got here." Thankfully my wife wasn't home or she would have remarked about our daughter picking up my sense of humor, and then scold me for reading the comic where my 6 year could get a look at it.
    At least you hadn't been reading that old Avengers issue where Hank and Janet had some..."fun" with him turning small and going spelunking...okay I've said to much...

Brand new review from CBR: https://www.cbr.com/review-mr-mrs-x-1/

For the record, I would also read parking tickets written by Kelly Thompson, LMAO.

LOL OMG, that's awesome! I have an 8 year old that has really been taking note of my recent uptick in comic purchases and is super curious about them, so I mostly have to read them on my phone or after she goes to bed. Though I've been trying to ply her with comics for her age group to distract her. Need more suggestions for that actually.

Buutttt, I'm also glad they are acknowledging that their fan base for X-Men is mostly adults now. Gosh, even as a teenager back when UXM 350 happened and all we saw between Gambit and Rogue was an embrace and some suggestive dialogue I was like, can we just be a little more clear about what exactly happened? I mean, it was heavily implied but still pretty open to interpretation. So when R&G #3 just said it outright, my jaw hit the floor! I'm glad the current line is more PG13 and a little edgier these days.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL OMG, that's awesome! I have an 8 year old that has really been taking note of my recent uptick in comic purchases and is super curious about them, so I mostly have to read them on my phone or after she goes to bed. Though I've been trying to ply her with comics for her age group to distract her. Need more suggestions for that actually.

Buutttt, I'm also glad they are acknowledging that their fan base for X-Men is mostly adults now. Gosh, even as a teenager back when UXM 350 happened and all we saw between Gambit and Rogue was an embrace and some suggestive dialogue I was like, can we just be a little more clear about what exactly happened? I mean, it was heavily implied but still pretty open to interpretation. So when R&G #3 just said it outright, my jaw hit the floor! I'm glad the current line is more PG13 and a little edgier these days.
    Haha, I was just thinking of this earlier. I think it's great. I wish we could get more Romy fans to read this--they're out there! It's just a lot of them have probably never thought of picking up a comic. I don't know how that'd be accomplished. I just feel kind of sad that they're missing out on this. Maybe that's me, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Brand new review from CBR: https://www.cbr.com/review-mr-mrs-x-1/

For the record, I would also read parking tickets written by Kelly Thompson, LMAO.
    Agreed! Woman knows how to turn a phrase! I ended up reading Hawkeye, a character I don't know or have a particular interest in, and really loved it. Though I still think R&G was even better (I might be biased) and she totally deserves an Eisner for it! Debating reading WCA too. And her recent Jessica Jones, a character I LOVE, was awesome! I'm also digging that digital format. Faster, cheaper, and more content. Then can just collect the trade.

Anyhow, Kelly, Tom Taylor, and Matthew Rosenberg have all been able to turn me on to characters I had absolutely no interest in originally. The future is looking pretty bright for the X-line!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

The Code just lasted too long for comics. It overtook the film code (Hays?) by like 50yrs. Also reminds me of Gambit #16 way back when, where I saw a Gap Kids ad. I was like, who is the audience for the XTitles? But I think it now its hits me with a core group of comic books fans being older with kids, it could be geared towards...parents!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    At least you hadn't been reading that old Avengers issue where Hank and Janet had some..."fun" with him turning small and going spelunking...okay I've said to much...
    OR not enough...

Rodd, that's awesome... I'm glad its getting the love it deserves.

Nox, R&G issue #3 made me want to cry when I saw the kissing scene... and when I turned the page I was like "This is the best comic book on the planet!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Haha, I was just thinking of this earlier. I think it's great. I wish we could get more Romy fans to read this--they're out there! It's just a lot of them have probably never thought of picking up a comic. I don't know how that'd be accomplished. I just feel kind of sad that they're missing out on this. Maybe that's me, I don't know.
    To think I didn't catch wind of the R&G Mini AT ALL. Nothing on Facebook (though I'll admit I hadn't "liked" any comic book pages) I can't recall the last time I actively sought out any comics. I just happened upon X-Men Gold 30 thanks to a cat in a comic book store that was next door to the tattoo shop I was at. Bless that little kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    The Code just lasted too long for comics. It overtook the film code (Hays?) by like 50yrs. Also reminds me of Gambit #16 way back when, where I saw a Gap Kids ad. I was like, who is the audience for the XTitles? But I think it now its hits me with a core group of comic books fans being older with kids, it could be geared towards...parents!
    I mean, yeah. My kids are very interested in comics because they see me reading them. We read to them daily - usually picture books for the 3 YO and novels for the 8 YO, but they also love comics and have lots of kids comics. They have both seen XTAS and love it. They love the MCU movies. My 8 YO is completely miffed we won't let her see Deadpool. So going through comic loving parents is probably a great "in" for attracting a future comics audience actually. If they had an X-line about younger X-kids I'd probably be buying those for them. As it is they get lots of DC stuff (Teen Titans, DC Superhero Girls) but also Invader Zim.

Personally I'm ready to see superheros that have been around a while evolve and grow as people- have long term relationships, marriages, and yes, kids! But do all that and don't quit their day jobs. Being a mother doesn't preclude me from working and being a parent doesn't keep police, firefighters, or military personnel from doing their jobs either. Probably why I love Jessica Jones - she's very real, very flawed, and has a full life complete with a family all while being a superhero. Also why I'm so excited about MMX!

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    OR not enough...

Rodd, that's awesome... I'm glad its getting the love it deserves.

Nox, R&G issue #3 made me want to cry when I saw the kissing scene... and when I turned the page I was like "This is the best comic book on the planet!!!"

To think I didn't catch wind of the R&G Mini AT ALL. Nothing on Facebook (though I'll admit I hadn't "liked" any comic book pages) I can't recall the last time I actively sought out any comics. I just happened upon X-Men Gold 30 thanks to a cat in a comic book store that was next door to the tattoo shop I was at. Bless that little kitty.
    That is the best kitty.

I was aware of it, but was only reading DC and Image at the time. I saw it on the shelves when I went to collect my usual pulls, and I was, like, ugh, do not even want to check that out. It will be Marvel Romy-baiting as usual, and will just make me annoyed with them and mad that I spent the money. After years of Romy covers, I was very cynical.

I only got back into X-Men because I was unemployed for a month after a contract ended, and I needed a project to keep me from going insane while I applied for jobs, interviewed, and stressed about both those things. Catching up with X-Men seemed the right huge scope. (This comic made me laugh, because, yes. I felt like that, and it only been a few years.)

So, I caught up with the main books, and then thought I might as well check out R & G. I was stunned and delighted by the first issue, and rapidly picked up the others, and was even more stunned and delighted. And then Gold #30 happened.

So, bless temporary unemployment...? I am glad that it was temporary, as I want to buy all the merch now. Marvel does need to release more.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 07-28-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Sorry if this was posted already.

Variant cover for Mr. and Mrs. X #2 by Jen Bartel.

http://jenbartel.tumblr.com/post/176...2-available-at

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    That is the best kitty.

I was aware of it, but was only reading DC and Image at the time. I saw it on the shelves when I went to collect my usual pulls, and I was, like, ugh, do not even want to check that out. It will be Marvel Romy-baiting as usual, and will just make me annoyed with them and mad that I spent the money. After years of Romy covers, I was very cynical.

I only got back into X-Men because I was unemployed for a month after a contract ended, and I needed a project to keep me from going insane while I applied for jobs, interviewed, and stressed about both those things. Catching up with X-Men seemed the right huge scope. (This comic made me laugh, because, yes. I felt like that, and it only been a few years.)

So, I caught up with the main books, and then thought I might as well check out R & G. I was stunned and delighted by the first issue, and rapidly picked up the others, and was even more stunned and delighted. And then Gold #30 happened.

So, bless temporary unemployment...? I am glad that it was temporary, as I want to buy all the merch now. Marvel does need to release more.
    Ha, I bet this is one of those rare times you can "bless unemployment" for sure. That's pretty awesome that you got to get caught up how you did. I'm still finding new things everyday since I've been insanely out of the loop since AOA - that was when I gave up. I still bought books here and there or searched for comics that had either of them in them (yeah, misleading covers is some BS) but for the most part I was done by that point.

I only wish I had caught the Mini before their wedding... because it felt like it came completely out of left field. With Gold #30 I remember thinking "Aw, another X-Men couple is getting married" and then realizing Gambit and Rogue were together sorta holding each other and my curiosity was perked. I flipped through the pages and when I saw the frame with them at Harry's with Gambit saying "All this wedding excitements got me thinking romantic thoughts, Rogue... " and when she hit him with "PFFFT... I've seen inside your head recently, Remy* All you're thinking about are honeymoons" (golden line I'd like to thank Guggs for) I was like, "what?" of course in my confusion I managed to skip over the R&G reference. Then when I got to the end of the book I was like
    Jer.jpg

It was a joy to read R&G and to find out MMX was coming.

Speaking of merch, I just got an unexpected raise so I say "BRING ON THE MERCH" I can throw away tons of money (and justify it) on something I haven't spent any money on in ages. Marvel has KT to thank for that sentiment.

I'm glad that comics are now gravitating towards adult readers... It's important to give us something to relate to being that most of us are 30+ years with kids. When I read R&G #3 showing them in bed not only was I overjoyed but I was also very surprised. MMX was just beautiful. I loved those 3 honeymoon pages because it's wonderful to see these heroes getting to enjoy one another for a change. I say keep it coming 'cause I'll keep buying it and were KT is concerned I'm happy to support her amazing story telling skills. Marvel would be incredibly wise to hang on to her.

I would have like to have seen what kind of rings Bling made up. Wonder when they will show them.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.