Page 355 of 357 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357 LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Maybe the talk with Beast was a foreshadow and he actually will be working on how to miniaturize the technology of the collar? Topped with a jewel courtesy of Bling!
    As much as I LOVE this... I wish she'd just be able to figure out how to control her darn powers again. With effort not just a "POOF" fix like in Legacy.

I'll settle for a little of column A and column B
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    As much as I LOVE this... I wish she'd just be able to figure out how to control her darn powers again. With effort not just a "POOF" fix like in Legacy.

I'll settle for a little of column A and column B
    I agree with you. I think things should start from the exact point where she lost control of her power and work from there. The first place I would investigate would be Rogue's subconscious. Events that took place could have affected her there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I did. I was thinking the "Kelly was here", either refer to the writer (which I doubt.), or Joe Kelly, 1990's X-Men and Deadpool scribe.
    I think I read somewhere where KT confirmed Oscar added "Kelly was here" in honour of her...I don't remember where I read that though.

One last word on Rogneto, I want to see Rogue brush him off as a mistake to his face, but then again, I really don't want to see them on the same page together anytime soon. So yeah, I'm conflicted about this.

I'm very curious to see what happens with Rogue's powers. If the power dampener is giving her terrible headaches (migraines even), I don't see her putting up with it on the long term. So either she needs to start figuring out her powers soon or getting some better tech. Very interested to see what KT does with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I think I read somewhere where KT confirmed Oscar added "Kelly was here" in honour of her...I don't remember where I read that though.

One last word on Rogneto, I want to see Rogue brush him off as a mistake to his face, but then again, I really don't want to see them on the same page together anytime soon. So yeah, I'm conflicted about this.

I'm very curious to see what happens with Rogue's powers. If the power dampener is giving her terrible headaches (migraines even), I don't see her putting up with it on the long term. So either she needs to start figuring out her powers soon or getting some better tech. Very interested to see what KT does with this.
    It will be 4 years this month that Rogue's powers got gummed up. And the only thing people weakly say is "It was all Wanda's fault", without doing any more digging to try to get to the root of the cause. I believe it's something much deeper, perhaps something rooted in an event that may have taken place years ago. We need to go far deeper for a cause than "It was all Wanda's fault."

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    It will be 4 years this month that Rogue's powers got gummed up. And the only thing people weakly say is "It was all Wanda's fault", without doing any more digging to try to get to the root of the cause. I believe it's something much deeper, perhaps something rooted in an event that may have taken place years ago. We need to go far deeper for a cause than "It was all Wanda's fault."
    I agree with you 100%. I've always suspected some kind of trauma to be the root of her inability to control her powers. To me, it would make perfect sense from a psychological standpoint.

Given that Kelly has mentioned a couple of times that she isn’t sure if Remy and Rogue are returning to Earth in the second arc, I wonder if #6 will be a filler issue in space? Maybe an actual date night in space that they’ve missed because of the mission? Though I have to say, I’m much in favor of them returning to Earth.

Spectacular Member

Maybe Kelly will leave out Magneto the way Deathbit was not mentioned in the miniseries. Gone and soon forgotten? (and we did already have a reference of them in their argument bubble in the miniseries)
    --I got the Young variant, Kelly sold out most of the variants so quickly.
    After reading the miniseries and MMX some jillion times, some observations:
    -Remy has an amazing tush in the Danger Room fight in the first RG issue
    -Rogue is never called Anna in MMX and the Miniseries!
    -Remy looked most Ragin Cajun in his "tickling" with Rogue

A blast from the past, I have an old issue of X-Men #81 featuring Rogue and Gambit fighting one of most silliest looking villains ever: Kali.
    I still barely got what Kali's point was.

I am so excited that Kelly is thinking about how to work in Jean-Luc and Tante Matte! It probably wouldn't be super hard to work Belle into that scenario either, depending on how she is planning to approach all that.

I agree the cats will need a cameo once they get home! But we just can't have them in every issue. There must be a cat balance!

Now Mags is another situation. For one thing, he's in the middle of going villainous again so less likely to be hanging with the X-Men. But getting them in the same space could be done with creativity. The other issue is I have doubts that the high-ups will let Rogue tell him off and slam that door completely. I would really love to see that but I bet they'll want to keep that in their back pocket. Barf. I mean I'd love to be wrong on that account. Also, I just don't see Mags caring what Rogue does. He's egotistical and arrogant and all about his cause, so he'll probably brush it off as her loss/error and move on. Hmmm, maybe seeing that attitude from him would help though. I think it's possible that Mags is probably the type of guy Mystique would have prefered for her, so possibly another reason she tried that relationship out? Eh, no sense trying to logic out an illogical mistake. If Kelly could successfully put to bed the whole Rogneto beast forever, she would be a Romy hero . . . Well moreso anyway.

Geez, with the double posts.

Bought X-Men Gold 30 and Mr and Mrs X 1 today.

Loved reading both titles.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Bought X-Men Gold 30 and Mr and Mrs X 1 today.

Loved reading both titles.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I am so excited that Kelly is thinking about how to work in Jean-Luc and Tante Matte! It probably wouldn't be super hard to work Belle into that scenario either, depending on how she is planning to approach all that.

I agree the cats will need a cameo once they get home! But we just can't have them in every issue. There must be a cat balance!

Now Mags is another situation. For one thing, he's in the middle of going villainous again so less likely to be hanging with the X-Men. But getting them in the same space could be done with creativity. The other issue is I have doubts that the high-ups will let Rogue tell him off and slam that door completely. I would really love to see that but I bet they'll want to keep that in their back pocket. Barf. I mean I'd love to be wrong on that account. Also, I just don't see Mags caring what Rogue does. He's egotistical and arrogant and all about his cause, so he'll probably brush it off as her loss/error and move on. Hmmm, maybe seeing that attitude from him would help though. I think it's possible that Mags is probably the type of guy Mystique would have prefered for her, so possibly another reason she tried that relationship out? Eh, no sense trying to logic out an illogical mistake. If Kelly could successfully put to bed the whole Rogneto beast forever, she would be a Romy hero . . . Well moreso anyway.
    If Kelly Thompson is able to clear up Rogneto and put it to rest for all the naysayers than she would go from being a Romy hero to a Romy legend. She's already the definitive writer writer when it comes to Romy and she also writes them very well as individual characters.

I'm also 100% sure we'll see the cats at some point.

Okay, so jumping topics. What is your head cannon/theory about what Gambit gave Rogue in this issue. I think this was from X-Men volume 2 109? It was Chirstmas time and after Storm was picking the team to go after Destiny's Diaries and Rogue didn't want Remy along presumably because she was worried about hurting him with her powers all out of wack.
    pressie.jpg

It has to be something small she can carry with her and probably something sentimental. But to my knowledge it's never been referenced again. My guess is . . . a necklace . . . Maybe a locket? Tell me people, "What's in the box?!?" (And do not say Gwyneth Paltrow's head)

DP . . . . Bah

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Okay, so jumping topics. What is your head cannon/theory about what Gambit gave Rogue in this issue. I think this was from X-Men volume 2 109? It was Chirstmas time and after Storm was picking the team to go after Destiny's Diaries and Rogue didn't want Remy along presumably because she was worried about hurting him with her powers all out of wack.
    pressie.jpg

It has to be something small she can carry with her and probably something sentimental. But to my knowledge it's never been referenced again. My guess is . . . a necklace . . . Maybe a locket? Tell me people, "What's in the box?!?" (And do not say Gwyneth Paltrow's head)
    For me, probably a necklace too, with a ruby stone as the pendant. Ruby because it’s reminiscent of his eyes. That way, he will quite literally always be with her no matter where she is (plus we know how much she loves his eyes)